These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2017, 07:56 PM   #521
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
Yea, I'm not that worried either because I know that the company will fix the production bottlenecks. I'm sure that they will produce them more frequently by the end of the year.

How long is the current waiting list anyway?
Sold out through end of next year and supposedly getting around 2,000 reservations a day still......

But once the S curve hits and they are able to produce 10,000 a week, people won't have to wait as long, so it's really just next year as the long waiting period. I should get mine somewhere between Dec - Mar depending on the ramp up.
ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:45 AM   #522
ggies
Sugar Will '04

I'm sure some of you have seen this headline, it has been tossed around a lot:

[Only registered users can see links.]

And now an update with Ford:

Ford says it will create its own internal group called "Team Edison" to accelerate the electric car program and now this:

Quote:
“When you’re a long-lived company that has had success over multiple decades the decision to change is not easy – culturally or operationally. Ultimately, though, we must accept the virtues that brought us success over the past century are really no guarantee of future success.”
Old 10-23-2017, 08:44 AM   #523
ggies
Sugar Will '04

I haven't posted in here lately because I've been kinda down on what's happening with our President and his admin on climate issues....it's hard to see how our nation takes advantage of our resources, its people, and its future citizens for profit. It's all for last minute greed because they know their time is up.

And here we go, another signal from the horse's mouth:

Forget about the title of the article, the important part is what he said in this quote.

Quote:
Saudi billionaire investor Prince Alwaleed bin Talal said on CNBC's "Squawk Box" on Monday that electric cars will eventually hurt the demand for oil.

"All other companies are going into the Tesla path of electric cars and even autonomous cars … So 5, 10, 20 years [from now] there is no doubt the dependence on oil will have to diminish," he said.

Alwaleed, chairman of Kingdom Holding, cited how cars use more than 70 percent oil's production. As a result, his country must anticipate a world with lower oil consumption.

"Saudi Arabia's move to reduce its dependence on oil is very important and smart," he added.

"We would like to celebrate when we export the last drop of oil and be dependent on other sources of wealth."

The prince spoke to CNBC on Monday from the headquarters of his Kingdom Holding in Riyadh.
Old 10-25-2017, 03:34 PM   #524
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Some more color on what China is doing.....

B[Only registered users can see links.]

Wanted to add this tidbit from a poster on my other board:

"One of my coworkers from China told me today that Chinese social media is very excited about Tesla opening up a factory in Shanghai. They very much like Tesla and want the Tesla cars to be more affordable."
Old 10-29-2017, 09:38 PM   #525
ggies
Sugar Will '04

60 Minute Australian segment on their energy grid and needs. I can't believe how high their monthly bills are....by the time we are done transitioning to renewables over the next 15 to 20 years, producing energy should be practically free or pretty damn close to it.

Although it's 2017 and we have small portable computers (smartphones), quantum computers, and AI, it still feels like the 1400s when talking about our energy needs. The kings and queens controlled the trees in the forest for energy and large corporations/politicians are controlling our energy today.

Being able to have abundant, affordable energy should be a basic human right.

Old 10-30-2017, 12:09 PM   #526
gweeps

This sounds promising: [Only registered users can see links.]
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 01:00 PM   #527
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
This sounds promising: [Only registered users can see links.]
ah, yes. I've seen this before. I hope it gets applied and works.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:09 AM   #528
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggies View Post
60 Minute Australian segment on their energy grid and needs. I can't believe how high their monthly bills are....by the time we are done transitioning to renewables over the next 15 to 20 years, producing energy should be practically free or pretty damn close to it.

Although it's 2017 and we have small portable computers (smartphones), quantum computers, and AI, it still feels like the 1400s when talking about our energy needs. The kings and queens controlled the trees in the forest for energy and large corporations/politicians are controlling our energy today.

Being able to have abundant, affordable energy should be a basic human right.

this is a great video. Was it recorded recently?
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 07:39 AM   #529
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
this is a great video. Was it recorded recently?
Glad you liked it. I assume yes, I think Elon was in Australia last month at the "turning on" event of the battery storage project..so maybe he filmed it then? .....
Old 11-01-2017, 11:26 AM   #530
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggies View Post
Glad you liked it. I assume yes, I think Elon was in Australia last month at the "turning on" event of the battery storage project..so maybe he filmed it then? .....
That's awesome. I'm really thinking about signing up for the Model 3. Elon is definitely someone that I admire and I can't wait to see more of Tesla's growth.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 11:54 AM   #531
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
That's awesome. I'm really thinking about signing up for the Model 3. Elon is definitely someone that I admire and I can't wait to see more of Tesla's growth.
Nice!

I agree on Elon, I've grown to admire him as well over the years. He genuinely is looking out for our future generations. He has always said he doesn't care about all the money he makes and that he will be the last person holding the bag financially if Tesla somehow would go under.

Here is a very informative and in-depth review of the Model 3 that you might like to watch.

Old 11-01-2017, 12:23 PM   #532
ggies
Sugar Will '04

As the kid from Friends says....DAMNIT.

Quote:
Examples of the infiltration of polluters into the official negotiations include:

The UNFCCC’s Climate Technology Network, which advises on how to develop and transfer green technology to the developing world, includes a member of the World Coal Association, and its board has included managers at Shell and EDF – one of the world’s biggest electricity producers.

A negotiator for Panama is currently a board member of the International Emissions Trading Association (Ieta), and was previously its president for several years. Ieta was set up by the fossil fuel companies including BP and Rio Tinto in order to make sure climate action caused “minimal economic harm”. Today its members include Chevron, BHP, Dow, Duke Energy, Repsol, Xcel Energy, Veolia and Statoil.

Sponsorship of the COP21 meeting in Paris gave fossil fuel companies access to the “communications and networking area” inside the rooms where the negotiations were taking place.

Big agricultural corporations such as Monsanto, Syngenta and Yara have been lobbying heavily at UNFCCC meetings, with Monsanto even co-charing the World Business Council on Sustainable Development’s Climate-Smart Agriculture working group.
Quote:
The report argues this access has influenced outcomes at the UNFCCC, undermining the Paris agreement in the following ways:

Market-based solutions to climate change have become dogma at UNFCCC meetings, despite many developing world countries urging alternative mechanisms such as direct regulation, and despite studies suggesting they can allow big polluters to continue polluting, according to Corporate Accountability.

The US and Canada have adopted agricultural corporations’ approach to “climate-smart agriculture”, and argued against regulation of non-CO2 emissions from agriculture.

Most of the funds from the Green Climate Fund have so far been allocated to private sector projects.

Now, you might be wondering, well, one of those items talks about leaving it up to the markets, so that's not so bad.....

True, the market is doing a great job at showing how renewables are the best option, but then when there is a possibility of Trump putting tariffs on imported solar panels, it totally undermines the transition we need.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:56 AM   #533
ggies
Sugar Will '04

This is sad to see.....Our president, who is supposed to lead our nation, is giving false hope to others and creating horrible situations for these families....

Old 11-02-2017, 09:39 AM   #534
ggies
Sugar Will '04

For those that live in CA:

Quote:
SCE called for huge increases in electric vehicles, as well as replacing natural gas water heaters in homes and businesses with electric heaters.

In a report titled “The Clean Power and Electrification Pathway,” the Rosemead-based investor said it wanted to double the use of carbon-free electricity from 40 percent to 80 percent by 2030.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:45 PM   #535
ggies
Sugar Will '04

If you haven't seen in the news yet:

I'm pretty impressed the admin did not try and hide things, although they still don't believe it....

Quote:
The Trump administration released a dire scientific report Friday detailing the growing threats of climate change. The report stands in stark contrast to the administration’s efforts to downplay humans’ role in global warming, withdraw from an international climate accord and reverse Obama-era policies aimed at curbing America’s greenhouse-gas output.

The White House did not seek to prevent the release of the government’s National Climate Assessment, which is mandated by law, despite the fact that its findings sharply contradict the administration’s policies. The report affirms that climate change is driven almost entirely by human action, warns of potential sea level rise as high as 8 feet by the year 2100, and enumerates myriad climate-related damages across the United States that are already occurring due to 1.8 degrees Fahrenheit of global warming since 1900.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:46 AM   #536
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Ah, I see I see, another great example of making America great again...by isolating ourselves. Well done Trump, well done.

Quote:
Syria announced during United Nations climate talks on Tuesday that it would sign the Paris agreement on climate change. The move, which comes on the heels of last month, will leave the United States as the only country that has rejected the global pact.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:48 AM   #537
ggies
Sugar Will '04

This is pretty sweet and something I hope we see a lot more of in the future...

Old 11-08-2017, 12:04 PM   #538
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Nice little piece. Check out the short video interview in the link:

Quote:
"You may get another dollar or 2 upfront in the front months just because of the confusion. But in the long run, this is terribly detrimental to crude oil prices," the editor of the Gartman Letter said Tuesday on CNBC's "Futures Now."
Quote:
"Is Saudi Arabia losing its position of authority? Absolutely," Gartman said. "The game has changed dramatically."
Old 11-09-2017, 08:45 AM   #539
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Thought those who are interested in the Model 3 would love this review:

Old 11-09-2017, 09:20 AM   #540
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Some good stuff today: