These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 05:12 AM   #1941
greykitkat36

Still can't beleive the band at one point wanted to make a "hip-hop" influenced album. Who in the hell thought that would be a good idea?The more I read comments and what not, I get the impression that it's really not Batson to blame because he came in and did what the band asked him to do--create a hip-hop influenced version of DMB to "go straight to the clubs".

The blame mainly goes to the band for wanting that direction. I mean Batson could have stepped in and said, "hey guys, I don't think this is working too well" but who's gonna do that when you're getting paid a few million to finish a record for one of the biggest bands of the time period? No one.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:08 AM   #1942
sean52692
You failed this band

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Still can't beleive the band at one point wanted to make a "hip-hop" influenced album. Who in the hell thought that would be a good idea?.
With just DMB on the record it was a totally crazy idea... Now if they would have added some competent personnel like the two examples below I'd be interested.

Old 03-13-2018, 11:55 AM   #1943
NiCK (Crush)

News please.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:57 AM   #1944
mario

You literally just got news yesterday.

The music director is in the studio with the engineers and producers working on the album.

There's not much more to say until he gets done and presents it to Dave and Carter and Stefan to inform them of what songs made it.

Old 03-13-2018, 12:01 PM   #1945
NiCK (Crush)

Actual news please.
Old 03-13-2018, 01:48 PM   #1946
mario

Can you announce the name of your first born child right now?

Old 03-13-2018, 02:03 PM   #1947
NiCK (Crush)

Gonna name him after you, friend.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:09 PM   #1948
Minarets
so damn interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
News please.

Old 03-13-2018, 03:37 PM   #1949
mario

Way to engage in discussion.

Old 03-13-2018, 05:07 PM   #1950
Cardinal
I have a buzz

Why the douchebaggery?
Old 03-13-2018, 06:56 PM   #1951
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
Why the douchebaggery?

I blame Bruce Flohr. For everything including the douchebaggery!
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 03-13-2018, 08:45 PM   #1952
JamSession v2.0
A magician named...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
Why the douchebaggery?
Must the question be asked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
LET HE WHO HASN'T JERKED OFF ON HIS SLEEPING EMPLOYEE CAST THE FIRST STONE!
Old 03-14-2018, 05:07 PM   #1953
Tomacco

DMB Facebook page posted lyrics from Stolen Away today. So many comments calling it out as one of their favorites. Always surprises me when I see such support for SU songs like this.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:09 PM   #1954
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
DMB Facebook page posted lyrics from Stolen Away today. So many comments calling it out as one of their favorites. Always surprises me when I see such support for SU songs like this.
Well, the people left are the ones who either came on board with those albums or who weren’t driven away by them. So, to someone with taste, yes, it is shocking. But overall, it actually makes sense.

Another child that's grown old
Old 03-14-2018, 05:11 PM   #1955
NiCK (Crush)

Does the person running the DMB social media account know that we know how to look up lyrics to their songs?

Jesus God, they suck.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:21 PM   #1956
1swtbartender

It doesn’t surprise me to see the old school fans are still smug elitists who feel the need to criticize the opinions of others. Music is subjective and each song has a different meaning to everyone. Sometimes the lyrics connect, or the music moves you, or other times it’s just nostalgia for past times, good or bad. Maybe it isn’t the band that pushed the good fans away, it’s these ridiculous message boards filled with people who have no life. You people who have been around since the beginning are nothing special. I’ve been around since the beginning and have seen these boards succumb to the same self righteous BS that has permeated our entire society. Stop being part of the problem. Have you learned nothing from DMB about love and respect for others? Even if they like Stolen Away. Jesus.

Now please proceed to mock, bitch about, then ban me. As is normal for this board when someone calls you on your shit. We wouldn’t want different opinions floating about.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:43 PM   #1957
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Boooooooo, sir. Boooooo.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 03-14-2018, 05:47 PM   #1958
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1swtbartender View Post
It doesn’t surprise me to see the old school fans are still smug elitists who feel the need to criticize the opinions of others. Music is subjective and each song has a different meaning to everyone. Sometimes the lyrics connect, or the music moves you, or other times it’s just nostalgia for past times, good or bad. Maybe it isn’t the band that pushed the good fans away, it’s these ridiculous message boards filled with people who have no life. You people who have been around since the beginning are nothing special. I’ve been around since the beginning and have seen these boards succumb to the same self righteous BS that has permeated our entire society. Stop being part of the problem. Have you learned nothing from DMB about love and respect for others? Even if they like Stolen Away. Jesus.

Now please proceed to mock, bitch about, then ban me. As is normal for this board when someone calls you on your shit. We wouldn’t want different opinions floating about.
I agree with you in spirit. And I don’t have any issue with people liking Stolen Away. I’m just surprised so many people like it so much that they’d call it “favorite” or “best.” With so many other great songs, it’s just really hard to relate to. Plus, I only said it surprised me. I didn’t say these people are human garbage or anything like that.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:09 PM   #1959
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Quote:

Total nonsense. DMB's declining fanbase is a direct result of their own output. Their live shows aren't as good as they used to be. They release mediocre to crap albums every 5 years or so and they've done very little to embrace or even toss a bone at their hardcore fans. The band has been missing 2/5 of their classic sound for over a decade now with Roi being dead and Boyd going ghost since about 2009. Dave can't even be bothered to make up a damn two step intro anymore. It's not what it was and that's why they don't draw like they used to.

And message boards exist for people to discuss and debate things with the band. That means pointing out the shit when the shit is floating right in front of you. If you want the opposite of that, the DMB Family Facebook group is for people like you.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:11 PM   #1960
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Quote:
Have you learned nothing from DMB about love and respect for others?
Closed Thread

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc