These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: On a scale of 1-10, how excited are you for the new album?
1 15 12.71%
2 17 14.41%
3 11 9.32%
4 14 11.86%
5 20 16.95%
6 11 9.32%
7 13 11.02%
8 11 9.32%
9 5 4.24%
10 1 0.85%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 06:48 PM   #61
sean52692
You failed this band

I went from a 4 up to a 6. I'll always be excited for new music and there are already 3-4 songs on there that I expect to like - Samurai Cop, IOY, Virginia, and Black and Bluebird.

Normally I'd be higher, but the inclusion of Can't Stop knocks me down a peg along with some of the track titles. Bismarck and Sugar Will being left off is disappointing but not entirely surprising given the band's history.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:44 PM   #62
mjf
bkdkdkddbkdkdkddbkdkdkdd

This thread/the previous one were a great idea BTW

Nothing has changed for me. I'm still not gonna buy tickets to this tour. Hopefully that'll change when I hear the album
Old 05-02-2018, 07:45 PM   #63
deedisdone81
Bite My Dick Motherfucker!

I don't think its changed my vote so I am still at a 5 in the middle. I hope its produced as nicely as AFTW was, but who knows. Its tough to to gauge from just seeing a bunch of song names. Can't stop is a turd, but its one song. Judging by how they ruined Hello Again studio, they could ruin anything, so I am kind of worried about Idea of You, and Virginia in the Rain. I loved both of those songs the first time I heard them respectively and there is excitement and anxiety of the possibilities that those would sound like in a studio. Either way, just hoping to hear a single or two soon.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:48 PM   #64
JamSession v2.0
A magician named...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf View Post
This thread/the previous one were a great idea BTW

Nothing has changed for me. I'm still not gonna buy tickets to this tour. Hopefully that'll change when I hear the album
Nice sig, dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
LET HE WHO HASN'T JERKED OFF ON HIS SLEEPING EMPLOYEE CAST THE FIRST STONE!
Old 05-02-2018, 08:27 PM   #65
dmb2much40

I actually went up from a 3 to a 5. While we missed out on sugar will, crazy easy, Bismarck etc. we also avoided blackjack, be yourself, death on the high seas. There's more unknown songs on here than I expected. That said, I don't have a ton of optimism the unknown songs will be good.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:29 PM   #66
Coster
We got the cup

I went up from a 4 to a 5. I like the inclusion of IOY, VITR, A&A, B&BB, and DYR, however I'm really bummed with the inclusion of Samurai Cop and the leaving off of Bismarck.

The one thing I'm really worried about that isn't discussed as much as the song selection is how Dave's voice sounds on the record. While I thought Cavallo did a good job with Dave's voice on Big Whiskey I thought Lillywhite blew it on AFTW and his voice on that record is one of the big reasons I don't listen to that album much. So that still worries me.

Also, I'm baffled at starting the album with those 3 songs. That said, none of the other known songs are great album starters either.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:37 PM   #67
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coster View Post
I went up from a 4 to a 5. I like the inclusion of IOY, VITR, A&A, B&BB, and DYR, however I'm really bummed with the inclusion of Samurai Cop and the leaving off of Bismarck.

The one thing I'm really worried about that isn't discussed as much as the song selection is how Dave's voice sounds on the record. While I thought Cavallo did a good job with Dave's voice on Big Whiskey I thought Lillywhite blew it on AFTW and his voice on that record is one of the big reasons I don't listen to that album much. So that still worries me.

Also, I'm baffled at starting the album with those 3 songs. That said, none of the other known songs are great album starters either.
Yeah really don't see Samurai Cop as an album opener at all, but we'll see. Agreed about Dave's voice. Samurai was definitely my least favorite of that initial batch of '16 songs. I knew it was going to be on here so no surprise there, certainly not a strong opener imo. This album based on the order has snoozefest written all over it, with a couple of nice upbeat ones throughout.

IOY could be really good, maybe 1-2 of these new ones hit, and certain songs I hate live--Viriginia and Bob Law (again and again) could be much better in a studio setting. Those are the positives for me.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:51 PM   #68
twostep2888

I'm down to 4 without Bismarck
Old 05-02-2018, 11:59 PM   #69
ssdmbfan
LeRoi...gone far too soon. :(

Down to a 6 (I was at 8 based on the false rumors).

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2018, 12:16 AM   #70
DMBTex10101
doing the hippo thing

No change for me. Still an 8. New music is new music.

My excitement for TDC took a big hit though.

Archives in Cowtown
Old 05-03-2018, 07:03 AM   #71
gweeps

Up a notch to a seven.

I'm glad Black and Blue Bird and Virginia in the Rain made it. I like them a lot. They both have a tone to them that I find mesmerizing. Excited for IOY. I figured we'd get Samurai Cop and Do You Remember. Bummed no Bismarck. I'm not surprised Shotgun didn't make it. It has always seemed like an unfinished song. Sugar Will is puzzling since they've played it a bunch recently and Dave has obviously set a lyric to it.

Can't Stop's inclusion is laughable. It's filler, and barely decent at that. Replace it with Break Free and things become more tolerable. Oh well.

So, there's 5, maybe 6 songs we haven't heard yet. We'll see if any of them stack up to, or exceed, my favourites. I think the album will be better than Stand Up. If it ends up being akin to the promise unfulfilled from Big Whiskey and Busted Stuff, I'm okay with that. It won't be as static as Everyday or subdued as Away from the World. Basically merely good is what I'm hoping for.

Sad it's been 20 years since DMB stretched themselves enough to create a vital album.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:24 AM   #72
fortyone
(41)

6 to a 4. I think I’m feeling more meh than anything. Not excited, not totally out, either. Just meh. I’d argue the 4s and 5s are the worst case scenarios here. Overall ambivalence isn’t ideal.
there stood my dreaming tree
Old 05-03-2018, 07:48 AM   #73
bsan83
4, 3, 2, 1....

A little less after not seeing Bismarck and (so far) not seeing Sugar Will. Holding out hope that the latter is a bonus track somewhere since it wasn't mentioned by anyone (Batson, Fonz) as being cut yesterday.

I'm pumped that Idea of You is actually on it. I'm glad that Black and Blue Bird, Virginia in the Rain, and Bob Law are all on there. I'm always curious to hear new stuff hoping that it's as least as good as what we saw on the last two albums.

But man, Can't Stop is just a brutal inclusion.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:16 AM   #74
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

I'm down to 5 without Bismarck. Saying they felt these tracks best represent the 'past, present, and future of the band,' and then selecting their absolute worst song of the past and scrapping the best track of the present just leads me to believe there isn't going to me a whole lot to be excited about for the future

Their opinion of their music and mine just don't match up in terms of quality. And that is fine, but I feel how I feel.

Another child that's grown old
Old 05-03-2018, 08:23 AM   #75
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I'm down to 5 without Bismarck. Saying they felt these tracks best represent the 'past, present, and future of the band,' and then selecting their absolute worst song of the past and scrapping the best track of the present just leads me to believe there isn't going to me a whole lot to be excited about for the future
Yeah, I make a joke about it in a different thread, but if this album suffers from the inclusion of Bismarck, but Can’t Stop works fine I’m definitely worried about the overall quality.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:44 AM   #76
blumathu

Quote:
I will bet you $50,000 TDC dollars IOY is a touched up version from the '06 sessions
What is the ratio of TDC dollars to Schrute bucks?
Old 05-03-2018, 08:45 AM   #77
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

I don't even know which number to select. I'm really worried about this album's quality, but I'm also trying to remain optimistic at the same time. But being optimistic about DMB doesn't pan out too well most of the time, sooooo not sure what to vote
Old 05-03-2018, 08:47 AM   #78
mario

Quote:
IOY is great, but I can't bring myself to be excited for anything Batson in the studio until proven wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK (Crush) View Post
We don't know which tracks Batson produced.
Quote:
I will bet you $50,000 TDC dollars IOY is a touched up version from the '06 sessions
Batson already said on Instagram yesterday IOY was Roi recordings from 2006 with new recordings from other band members. It's pretty heavily implied that Batson produced it though I guess he didn't say it explicitly?

Old 05-03-2018, 08:49 AM   #79
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
I don't even know which number to select. I'm really worried about this album's quality, but I'm also trying to remain optimistic at the same time. But being optimistic about DMB doesn't pan out too well most of the time, sooooo not sure what to vote
That's a 5.

Another child that's grown old
Old 05-03-2018, 09:07 AM   #80
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post

Their opinion of their music and mine just don't match up in terms of quality. And that is fine, but I feel how I feel.

This is a good summary.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
Closed Thread

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc