These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: On a scale of 1-10, how excited are you for the new album?
1 5 5.32%
2 2 2.13%
3 5 5.32%
4 6 6.38%
5 12 12.77%
6 23 24.47%
7 16 17.02%
8 11 11.70%
9 9 9.57%
10 5 5.32%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 04:20 PM   #61
NiCK (Crush)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayer22 View Post
And if the band did record 20+ tracks and decide at the last minute to hold them back then yes it is the bands fault.
The only way it would be fair to be mad about this is if the band announced they were releasing all of those tracks and then backed out. We heard nothing of the sort from anyone official. Not even Batson said there were 20+ songs coming.

Beyond that, this is just a new DMB studio album being released with a live bonus disc. Nothing to be mad about at all.

People got their hopes up based on random message board users, period.
Old 04-25-2018, 04:26 PM   #62
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVodka View Post
the BS didn’t ruin it, you did, take some ownership.
It's not the band's fault, but I could go as far as to blame them for not putting out official news sooner. They let this Batson stuff bubble and get people's hopes up. They could have ended that a lot sooner if they just announced shit earlier. I did say that it's also our fault for believing some of these insiders a little too much. Batson did contribute to a lot of the hype though by saying that Roi and Butch were gonna be on it, and that there were old recordings worked on etc. etc. Which once again, we got ahead of ourselves. Either way, doesn't make me any less pissed off who's to blame. It's still bullshit.
Old 04-25-2018, 04:58 PM   #63
BigVodka

I was at a 10, then I realized that 'Come tomorrow' is part of the hook from Say Goodbye, a classic from the glory days.

Now I am at a 10!
Old 04-25-2018, 05:01 PM   #64
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVodka View Post
I was at a 10, then I realized that 'Come tomorrow' is part of the hook from Say Goodbye, a classic from the glory days.

Now I am at a 10!
Is this you right now?

Old 04-25-2018, 07:53 PM   #65
dmb2much40

I voted 3, but that's somewhat arbitrary. I have a bad feeling my favorite new tunes will be left off and we'll be stuck with can't stop and plastic girl. I almost want all new songs.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:18 PM   #66
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb2much40 View Post
I voted 3, but that's somewhat arbitrary. I have a bad feeling my favorite new tunes will be left off and we'll be stuck with can't stop and plastic girl. I almost want all new songs.
Yep, worries that weíre getting the batch of songs none of us want. Hopefully thereís some balance. But yeah if weíre not getting anything along the lines of sugar Will, shotgun, crazy easy etc. on this Iíd prefer all brand new songs so at least Iíll have some hope and be interested enough to listen to it.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:34 PM   #67
DMBTex10101
doing the hippo thing

I'm always excited for new music from a favorite band. So I'd vote at least a 8. Throw in the DMBLive Vinyls and I'm definitely excited at a 10 to receive my album bundle.

But for the purposes of this poll, I ignored the DMBLive and voted an 8.

Archives in Cowtown
Old 04-25-2018, 09:36 PM   #68
DMBTex10101
doing the hippo thing

Pretty sure if you voted less than a 4 you wouldn't (or shouldn't) even be here.

Archives in Cowtown
Old 04-25-2018, 10:13 PM   #69
willndmb

I started to get excited seeing records and cassette but quickly realized that there wasn't an 8 track and stayed at 4
Batson is what really killed it for me more than anything
Old 04-25-2018, 10:17 PM   #70
deedisdone81
Bite My Dick Motherfucker!

I'm at a 5. Batson's involvement has dropped it a lot for me.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:25 PM   #71
imjustchillin

Not a huge fan of most of the newer material we could expect on this record. I was probably at about a 4 until some of the hype that started to build which took me up to an 8. Some of that stuff is just night and day above anything they have done recently. Back down to a 5 today.

Instant order on the vinyl package. They really went above and beyond with those releases and really hit the sweet spot for me, which makes me even more nervous.....

those are my expectation numbers, still at an 8.5 in excitement for any new DMB release
Old 04-26-2018, 12:03 AM   #72
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBTex10101 View Post
Pretty sure if you voted less than a 4 you wouldn't (or shouldn't) even be here.
DMB Family is that way - - - >

Old 04-26-2018, 01:01 AM   #73
DMBTex10101
doing the hippo thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
DMB Family is that way - - - >
That's a fair response...I guess. I'm not saying we should all be overly enthusiastic about everything they do, but if you can't muster up any excitement for some new music we literally know nothing about, it might be time to move on.

Archives in Cowtown
Old 04-26-2018, 05:34 AM   #74
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
That's a fair response...I guess. I'm not saying we should all be overly enthusiastic about everything they do, but if you can't muster up any excitement for some new music we literally know nothing about, it might be time to move on.

When you’ve been let down by any studio effort they’ve had in over a decade....yeah, maybe.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 04-26-2018, 05:35 AM   #75
Monk
Moore Soul

Quote:

Not literally. The album could end up being mostly the batch of underwhelming songs they’ve been road testing. Even if an ‘04-06 era song or two end up on it, it’s produced by Batson, who has a terrible history with studio DMB. That’s enough to keep expectations low.

Looking forward to a studio Samurai Cop, that’s about it for me. The rest is too unpredictable and the info we do have doesn’t favor the band, so it’s just wait and see. Maybe I’ll actually enjoy the rest album when it comes out, I’m just not expecting to.

http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=181

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftMacho View Post
i get the feeling about 3% of the people in this thread have ever been laid
Old 04-26-2018, 07:42 AM   #76
DMBTex10101
doing the hippo thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
Not literally. The album could end up being mostly the batch of underwhelming songs they’ve been road testing. Even if an ‘04-06 era song or two end up on it, it’s produced by Batson, who has a terrible history with studio DMB. That’s enough to keep expectations low.

Looking forward to a studio Samurai Cop, that’s about it for me. The rest is too unpredictable and the info we do have doesn’t favor the band, so it’s just wait and see. Maybe I’ll actually enjoy the rest album when it comes out, I’m just not expecting to.

You say “Not literally” then immediately say what “could” be true, then proceed to speculate about Baston’s involvement. So tell me exactly what do we know for certain about these songs?

Not trying to argue, but I really want to know what info we have that “doesn’t favor the band”. Because as far as I know it’s just the names of a couple producers, but no real indication of how involved each producer is or what songs each had a hand in. If I missed some big news in the crazy speculation thread (or this one) please enlighten me.

Even if I did though, it seems ridiculous to get upset, even more so if you haven’t liked a studio effort from them in 10 years.

I’m excited for new music. If it ends up sucking, oh well, at least I got a couple sweet DMBLive vinyls out of it. No sweat off my back.

Plus it has livened up this board again which is always a win in my book.

Archives in Cowtown
Old 04-26-2018, 08:15 AM   #77
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
it seems ridiculous to get upset, even more so if you havenít liked a studio effort from them in 10 years.

Plus it has livened up this board again which is always a win in my book.
It's not about being upset, itís about the level of excitement. It really doesnít make sense to you that the Iím not terribly excited about the prospect of new studio work from a band that hasnít put out an album that Iíve really enjoyed since Ď03 (which isnít even a band album)? Whose most recent batch of songs I find to be wildly inconsistent, at best? Who are assembling an album from 12 years of material, recorded with four wildly different producers, two of which I havenít enjoyed working with the band in the past, and another that Iím not familiar with?

I certainly understand why people are excited, but for me personally, not much that we know right now is good news as far as Iím concerned. Now there are a lot of ways that that could change. Maybe the tracklist will be a home run. Maybe the album will end up being great. Iím not prejudging anything, but I donít feel like Iím being unreasonable to not be excited about what we know right now. Certainly not to the point where I donít belong on the board.
Old 04-26-2018, 08:22 AM   #78
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
It's not about being upset, it’s about the level of excitement. It really doesn’t make sense to you that the I’m not terribly excited about the prospect of new studio work from a band that hasn’t put out an album that I’ve really enjoyed since ‘03 (which isn’t even a band album)? Whose most recent batch of songs I find to be wildly inconsistent, at best? Who are assembling an album from 12 years of material, recorded with four wildly different producers, two of which I haven’t enjoyed working with the band in the past, and another that I’m not familiar with?

I certainly understand why people are excited, but for me personally, not much that we know right now is good news as far as I’m concerned. Now there are a lot of ways that that could change. Maybe the tracklist will be a home run. Maybe the album will end up being great. I’m not prejudging anything, but I don’t feel like I’m being unreasonable to not be excited about what we know right now. Certainly not to the point where I don’t belong on the board.

solid post
Old 04-26-2018, 09:23 AM   #79
That's it, Sir.
I understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
It's not about being upset, itís about the level of excitement. It really doesnít make sense to you that the Iím not terribly excited about the prospect of new studio work from a band that hasnít put out an album that Iíve really enjoyed since Ď03 (which isnít even a band album)? Whose most recent batch of songs I find to be wildly inconsistent, at best? Who are assembling an album from 12 years of material, recorded with four wildly different producers, two of which I havenít enjoyed working with the band in the past, and another that Iím not familiar with?

I certainly understand why people are excited, but for me personally, not much that we know right now is good news as far as Iím concerned. Now there are a lot of ways that that could change. Maybe the tracklist will be a home run. Maybe the album will end up being great. Iím not prejudging anything, but I donít feel like Iím being unreasonable to not be excited about what we know right now. Certainly not to the point where I donít belong on the board.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:29 AM   #80
3beamsoflight6

Iím not sure how anyone on niche/cult message board could be any less excited than a 7 for a new album. This is why we are here nearly everyday. IMO.
Closed Thread

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc