These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2016, 11:55 AM   #61
Tomacco

2010 had its ups and downs. Definitely finished on a high note with the fall tour though. Consensus was positive there.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:56 AM   #62
DIDO36
mailing it in since 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinC View Post
My disappointment started in '14. I was happy with '12 and '13 ('12 fall tour was disappointing outside of a few shows though)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
I don't remember much negativity between 2008-2013. There were people who didn't like the rock sound very much or the BW material. But in 2012-13 the primary complaint I remember was AFTW not getting enough play. And when diehards are mostly complaining that there isn't enough NEW stuff being played, that's a pretty good place to be. I feel like things around here went way downhill in 2014, and especially when the Lovely Ladies came back.
Yeah basically when two sets started.

We had very high expectations for that tour especially after 2013. Then 2014 sucked and it was one of the worst tours ever.
DIDO36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:04 PM   #63
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
Dave and Friends will never happen again. Book it.

They're all at different stages in their lives now. It was a brief side project and never meant to be anything more.
I disagree. I think D+F could easily happen again...with all the same members? No. That I agree with. But the fact Dave can't put some people together for a solo album tour? He definitely can if he wants. And he could still call it Dave and friends.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:06 PM   #64
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Yeah, I'm not sure we'll see that same lineup ever again but Dave is obviously going to tour/play music without DMB again at some point.

With Phish taking the year off, it would be cool to see Dave and Trey collaborate on something. I'm not banking on it, but you never know.
roshea999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 01:17 PM   #65
sean52692
You failed this band

2016 better be better than damn 2014 and 2015.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 01:27 PM   #66
greykitkat36

A Dave and Trey collaboration now would be the ultimate dad rock album of all time. If you take Daves recent output and treys recent solo album, it could be really terrible.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:59 PM   #67
JustinC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
2016 better be better than damn 2014 and 2015.
CVille will be the indicator for me. If it is a good/great show then I think it bodes well but if they come out and drop

One Sweet World
Stay or Leave
Still Water
Don't Drink the Water
Black and Blue Bird
Crush
Death on the High Seas
When the World Ends
What Would You Say
Jimi Thing
Drunken Soldier
Warehouse
If Only
Dancing Nancies
The Space Between
Grey Street
-----------------------------------
Sister
Shake Me Like a Monkey

Any optimism (the little I do have) will be gone.

I mean the half of that set isn't even that bad but it's just basically same old, same old.
JustinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:03 PM   #68
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
I disagree. I think D+F could easily happen again...with all the same members? No. That I agree with. But the fact Dave can't put some people together for a solo album tour? He definitely can if he wants. And he could still call it Dave and friends.
I think we were all talking about the D+F we all know, not some new version of a Dave solo project.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:27 PM   #69
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinC View Post
CVille will be the indicator for me. If it is a good/great show then I think it bodes well but if they come out and drop

One Sweet World
Stay or Leave
Still Water
Don't Drink the Water
Black and Blue Bird
Crush
Death on the High Seas
When the World Ends
What Would You Say
Jimi Thing
Drunken Soldier
Warehouse
If Only
Dancing Nancies
The Space Between
Grey Street
-----------------------------------
Sister
Shake Me Like a Monkey

Any optimism (the little I do have) will be gone.

I mean the half of that set isn't even that bad but it's just basically same old, same old.
There's no way the encore will be that shitty for a special show like this. At the very least the encore will be billies/ants/watchtower something along those lines. If they dropped a sister/shake me encore that would be riot worthy. This isn't a normal summer show, and normal fans aren't attending.
Old 04-27-2016, 02:44 PM   #70
JustinC

Quote:
There's no way the encore will be that shitty for a special show like this. At the very least the encore will be billies/ants/watchtower something along those lines. If they dropped a sister/shake me encore that would be riot worthy. This isn't a normal summer show, and normal fans aren't attending.

Well I didn't mean exactly that set. Also this is Dave we are talking about he would absolutely do an encore like that. Probably throw in Thank You at the last second too.

Normal fans will be attending, maybe it won't be the majority of the crowd like a lot of shows. But when you add them and those dmbfamily fucks who will be there in full force it isn't gonna be some TDC get together where everyone there wants an all pre-2001 setlist.
JustinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 03:28 PM   #71
DIDO36
mailing it in since 2005

I got this encore one time

Space between (Dave solo)
Shake me
Watchtower

It wasn't fun
Old 04-27-2016, 04:07 PM   #72
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIDO36 View Post
I got this encore one time

Space between (Dave solo)
Shake me
Watchtower

It wasn't fun
That's not so bad. I got a single Watchtower encore last year. And there have been Sister/Watchtower, Sister/Shake Me or Sister/Billies encores which is worse. Or Rye Whiskey/Shake Me. There's plenty of encores much worse than yours.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 04:13 PM   #73
mja271

I got a TimeBread encore once
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 04:21 PM   #74
KerwinMcgee
Behind The Mask

The Space Between
Shake Me

N2 Camden encore last year after standing in the torrential flooding downpours all night. That was my personal worst
KerwinMcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 04:29 PM   #75
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerwinMcgee View Post
The Space Between
Shake Me

N2 Camden encore last year after standing in the torrential flooding downpours all night. That was my personal worst
Same here. Luckily I had seats under the roof that night but that encore was still absolute garbage. Everyone around me was super pissed. Was a shame too because the acoustic set and first half of the electric set were fucking awesome. (Basically every show in 2015, great starts, terrible endings).
Old 04-27-2016, 07:24 PM   #76
TDunk

There are so many tix available for this show on boards and TM...will be a lot on the ground unfortunately
TDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:14 PM   #77
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDunk View Post
There are so many tix available for this show on boards and TM...will be a lot on the ground unfortunately
That is really pretty sad.

Are uva students still on campus?

Another child that's grown old
Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:29 AM   #78
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
2010 had its ups and downs. Definitely finished on a high note with the fall tour though. Consensus was positive there.
Surprised 2010 wasn't as highly regarded. It's bust out city. The band really opened things up that year, and it was the first time they let average fans get a crack at the pit to sit up really close. I loved my shows in 2010, thought they were the some of the best I've seen.

IMO, 3.0 is all about '08, '10 and '13. Everything else is just an aftethought.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:38 AM   #79
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDunk View Post
This is really strange to me....was able to pull 2 Section 110 seats just now for this show...but yet SPAC there is nothing but lawn left for both nights? Is that normal? This is a much smaller venue and is an "anniversary" benefit concert. How is it not sold out?

I can't take the ticketing industry these days, it's really out of hand. TM is doing some of the shadiest fucked up shit possible. They own part of stubhub and purposely don't release all the tickets in the public sale..only a percentage, right? That's what I've read. I've never been a proponent of govt. stepping into the buisness realm, but I feel like something really needs to be done about this.. it's across the board with all events from concerts, sports games, theater and comedy events. There needs to be some major overhaul of this industry through regulation and breaking up live nation and ticketmaster.

Edit: looks like something has been done in New York..they fined these online scalping sites millions. Apparently these scampers have computer programs that can mass buy hundreds of tickets at once, so these companies are doing that and then selling the tickets on secondary market sites. Makes sense now. Although I'm still not letting live nation and ticketmaster off easy on this one. They must know this has been happening and have gladly allowed it continue, probably taking a cut from the profits themselves.

Last edited by greykitkat36; 04-28-2016 at 01:58 AM.
greykitkat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:40 AM   #80
DIDO36
mailing it in since 2005

Quote:
Surprised 2010 wasn't as highly regarded. It's bust out city. The band really opened things up that year, and it was the first time they let average fans get a crack at the pit to sit up really close. I loved my shows in 2010, thought they were the some of the best I've seen.

IMO, 3.0 is all about '08, '10 and '13. Everything else is just an aftethought.
Some 2012 and 09 shows had some moments but yeah I completely agree.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc