These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2019, 03:20 PM   #921
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Here is a prime example of "Hard work dissipates ignorance". I got a canned response back from Senator Cornyn and here is what it says:

Quote:
n 2015, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) developed the so-called Clean Power Plan, which was the major component of President Barack Obama’s Climate Action Plan. The Clean Power Plan aimed to reduce carbon dioxide emissions from electrical power generation by 32 percent by 2030, relative to 2005 levels. Unfortunately, the Clean Power Plan would have drastically increased the price of electricity for consumers without having any real impact on global climate change. The Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) estimated the Clean Power Plan would have increased energy costs for Texas consumers by up to 16 percent by 2030. In addition, former EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy stated the Clean Power Plan would not significantly impact global climate change, but instead was merely intended to send a costly message the United States was serious about addressing climate change. For these reasons, President Donald Trump rescinded the final regulation.
Now, if I had not done all that research, I might have believed him, but his bullshit gets me angry because here is spreading false information. I cite these two examples, of which I have posted on here before, showing and reminding everyone why he is wrong:

[Only registered users can see links.]

Quote:
-utility-scale solar and wind is cheaper than any new fossil fuel plant, including gas combined cycle

-utility-scale solar and wind is about the same cost as operating the average existing coal plant (meaning, it's cheaper than operating half of the existing coal plants)

-the cheapest utility-scale wind is cheaper to operate than the average existing nuclear plants

-the price declines for solar and wind continue, with solar getting cheaper faster than wind
ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 02:38 PM   #922
ggies
Sugar Will '04

I like this idea - it's a mix between actual solar panels and shingles.....whatever speeds up the adoption of solar!

Quote:
the design looks more like solar panels than Tesla’s solar shingles but it has a similarly low profile.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:00 AM   #923
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Yep, one of the impacts to our economy.

Quote:
"The amount of snow in the west has seen an average drop of 41 percent since the early 1980s.....As a result, the snow season shrunk by 34 days."
Old 03-22-2019, 04:00 PM   #924
ggies
Sugar Will '04

I had a meeting on maybe getting solar panels from Tesla last night and this was one of their slides.

Simple, yet elegant. 21st century living by using the universe's resources instead of a planet.

Old 03-23-2019, 08:28 AM   #925
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
"33 global banks provided $1.9 trillion to fossil fuel companies since the adoption of the Paris Climate Agreement at the end of 2015"

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc