These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2018, 12:10 AM   #101
typsitch
setlist communist by necessity

You'd think Dave would have remembered the complete disaster of the Bristow show earlier this summer and maybe given what's likely a lot of the same fans in attendance a little something extra tonight to make up for it. Nah, he just plays another shitty set and repeats 6 of the 15 songs they played this summer. What a clueless asshole.
typsitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 12:11 AM   #102
DIDO36
mailing it in since 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn View Post
I dunno. Seemed like basically the right set for the crowd. Seek Up was the piss breakand aside from that everyone seemed to be having a great time. Huge reactions to Satellite, Bayou, YMDT, You and Me, Grey Street.After YNK opened, the dude behind me was like “I don’t even have ANY IDEA what THAT was” and everyone else around shrugged.Also huge crowd reaction to Nancies and Warehouse, not all bad, but I think they read the room pretty well. Radio hits and energy.

On the other hand, I really enjoyed the YNK opener and Seek Up and Buddy sounded fantastic. Great presence on stage and I really enjoyed his work, especially Seek Up. I don’t see many shows so it was fun just to see them sounding so awesome and having so much fun.

But next time I really need to go somewhere with a better crowd.
DMBs fanbase is sad.

I actually had a similar experience in Charlotte,NC in 2014 with YNK. I finally caught YNK, and I was pretty pumped. No one around me had any reaction to the song. Most people were either talking or on their phone during the song.
DIDO36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 12:14 AM   #103
Ras Trent

Also, this was my first time seeing the band without Boyd.

For the most part, I didnít even notice his absence...but Nancies felt fuckin weird without him. Warehouse, too, a bit.
Ras Trent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 12:52 AM   #104
klillyblad

I had a really good time and got to see friends I hadn’t seen in a few years. YNK, Seek Up, Nancies > Warehouse, Christmas Song were the highlights. Unlike a lot of people, I like YMDT. TGIY, Can’t Stop, Bayou are songs I do not like at all. (They’re having too good a time playing Bayou to stop though.). This show was so much better than the Super Bowl show, no comparison. My expections were in check, mostly because I’ve got 2 more shows. Yes, I’ll get Bayou’d and TGIY’d again but there’s a good chance I’ll get Say Goodbye and Kill the King (and another Seek Up and YNK) so there’s that. Time to sleep and on to Charlottesville tomorrow!
Old 12-14-2018, 01:51 AM   #105
NiCK (Crush)

Glad you had a good time Kim!
Old 12-14-2018, 02:19 AM   #106
Feathered
oh shit!

Glad you had a good time! I definitely would have had fun if I hadn't seen MSG/Albany/Philly but had I gone tonight I would have just gotten repeat city, flow looks a tiny bit off but definitely far better than the Super Bowl one which just sort of sounded like a mess.
Old 12-14-2018, 06:43 AM   #107
SeekUpAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by soright05 View Post
Again and again should be taken out
No it shouldn't.
SeekUpAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 07:22 AM   #108
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Woof.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 07:55 AM   #109
kl116

Quote:
I dunno. Seemed like basically the right set for the crowd. Around me, Seek Up was the piss break and aside from that everyone seemed to be having a great time. Huge reactions to Satellite, Bayou, YMDT, You and Me, Grey Street.
This. From standing near the back the floor, you can tell it was the right setlist for the casual fan and not for the hardcore fans. There were much more casual fans in the audience last night.

The performances were great and the band was enjoying themselves up there. However, there were times during the show I thought Dave looked ready to end some of the songs without letting them breathe, so maybe he was already looking ahead to Charlottesville.

Once the run of TGIY -> Seven -> Bayou was going, I let go of the thought that the songs I wanted played was not going to happen and just enjoyed seeing them again. That made the night better and enjoyable. I enjoyed hearing Here on Out, Can't Stop (ver 2), Sledgehammer, and Again and Again since I haven't heard them live yet. Of course, Seek Up -> DDTW, Dancing Nancies -> Warehouse, and Christmas Song were refreshing to hear given the way the setlist was going.

My initial thought after leaving the concert was that I don't think I can justify paying $115 to see them again because with the higher ticket price comes higher expectations. So DM & TR will be my next bucket list, or I'll see them only at multi-night venues or those special venues (SPAC, MSG, Gorge, etc.).

I had fun though. It was a good night. I'm still surprised Kill the King wasn't played given we were in DC.
kl116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:42 AM   #110
sean52692
You failed this band

Didn't see a show this tour, I would have really enjoyed seeing a YNK opener, Seek Up, Nancies > Warehouse, and Christmas Song.

Definitely some poor filler in there though.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:45 AM   #111
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Out of the entire show, there are probably 7 songs that I'd be remotely excited about. To me, this is a garbage set.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?

Last edited by ThememanXX; 12-14-2018 at 09:03 AM.
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:48 AM   #112
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

2018 Fall: Show 10 - 12-13-18 Set Picks/Discussion (Capital One Arena | Washington, DC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
Most shocking part about the last two weeks is how SamCop vanished.

I’m surprised by that, too. Maybe Dave is finally getting sick of it, too? Not a horrible song, but definitely not a go-to DMB tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kl116 View Post
I had fun though. It was a good night. I'm still surprised Kill the King wasn't played given we were in DC.

Fantastic

So this is the second show of the tour in which all of the filler has fallen. Overall, Dave could be faaaaar more creative writing sets, but for Dave, he has done a decent job this tour. Still sucks to see all the duds and filler fall on the same night, though
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:38 AM   #113
bigrob24
>>Supplication

I was in attendance and, yes, while the setlist was supremely disappointing, it was a powerful performance. DDTW/Seek Up combo was truly spot on, but as others have mentioned, the fan base, for the most part, no longer appreciates the layers, complexity, and sheer brilliance of a song like Seek Up. People were heading to the bathrooms/beer lines in droves during the intro. It's smh stuff but not surprising at all by this point, unfortunately.

Otherwise, Nancies>Warehouse is always special, PNP>Rapunzel set closer filthy, along with a nice little rendition of Christmas Song. I certainly appreciated the You Never Know opener, also. The band is definitely playing at a very high level at the moment and that is encouraging even if Dave's setlists are leaving much to be desired.
Old 12-14-2018, 09:40 AM   #114
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by klillyblad View Post
I had a really good time and got to see friends I hadn’t seen in a few years. YNK, Seek Up, Nancies > Warehouse, Christmas Song were the highlights. Unlike a lot of people, I like YMDT. TGIY, Can’t Stop, Bayou are songs I do not like at all. (They’re having too good a time playing Bayou to stop though.). This show was so much better than the Super Bowl show, no comparison. My expections were in check, mostly because I’ve got 2 more shows. Yes, I’ll get Bayou’d and TGIY’d again but there’s a good chance I’ll get Say Goodbye and Kill the King (and another Seek Up and YNK) so there’s that. Time to sleep and on to Charlottesville tomorrow!

Glad you had fun, Kimberry! Enjoy Charlottesville.

Btw, a lot of us like YMDT. I also don’t hate Bayou the way many do.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:57 AM   #115
celluloid hero

Quote:
Yeah, but I had "YOU AND ME WAS OUR WEDDING SONG" and "THAT GIRL IS YOU IS MY FAVORITE FROM THE NEW ALBUM!!" all nearby; that kind of thing.
Surrounded by people enjoying a concert. The worst. ;-)

I thought on the screen, it looked like there wouldn't have been ton for me to get into, but it's always about the experience, and they do sound good. I went to Columbus with someone who would have loved this show. Even the worst of us, well maybe not the worst of us, understand after this long that if it mattered what was on the screen, there would be no point in going.

As far as crowd around me, I couldn't care less what songs they're into. They paid no less than I did, I want them to have a great experience, and people around you into a show make the show better. I get easily distracted just in life, but especially by tangential noise. A talking crowd is awful for me.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:27 AM   #116
Tomacco

I agree a talking crowd is awful, and excited people around me help.
Sadly, my recent experiences with crowds have been bipolar. One song they’re excited and into it, the next song they won’t shut up.
Or even worse, they’re excited for the first two minutes of a song, and as soon as a solo starts their pea-sized attention span gets them talking again.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:28 AM   #117
Thrawn
You can't take the sky from me

Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
Surrounded by people enjoying a concert. The worst. ;-)

I thought on the screen, it looked like there wouldn't have been ton for me to get into, but it's always about the experience, and they do sound good. I went to Columbus with someone who would have loved this show. Even the worst of us, well maybe not the worst of us, understand after this long that if it mattered what was on the screen, there would be no point in going.

As far as crowd around me, I couldn't care less what songs they're into. They paid no less than I did, I want them to have a great experience, and people around you into a show make the show better. I get easily distracted just in life, but especially by tangential noise. A talking crowd is awful for me.
To be clear: I wasn't complaining about the crowd around me (though a few people have quoted me assuming I was). I was just saying that the band played the right set for the crowd.

I realize that my all-caps may have looked mocking, but I intended just to relay their excitement. The woman next to me genuinely freaked the fuck out when TGIY started.

The crowd was pretty talkative in general, but the sound was loud enough that it didn't interfere with the songs.
It's quite possible that if I catch you on a day you take a ghost shit where there's nothing to be wiped, the other 2 piles will smell much worse imo
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:30 AM   #118
Thrawn
You can't take the sky from me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrob24 View Post
I was in attendance and, yes, while the setlist was supremely disappointing, it was a powerful performance. DDTW/Seek Up combo was truly spot on, but as others have mentioned, the fan base, for the most part, no longer appreciates the layers, complexity, and sheer brilliance of a song like Seek Up. People were heading to the bathrooms/beer lines in droves during the intro. It's smh stuff but not surprising at all by this point, unfortunately.

Otherwise, Nancies>Warehouse is always special, PNP>Rapunzel set closer filthy, along with a nice little rendition of Christmas Song. I certainly appreciated the You Never Know opener, also. The band is definitely playing at a very high level at the moment and that is encouraging even if Dave's setlists are leaving much to be desired.
Yeah, I agree completely.
It's quite possible that if I catch you on a day you take a ghost shit where there's nothing to be wiped, the other 2 piles will smell much worse imo
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:59 AM   #119
typsitch
setlist communist by necessity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kl116 View Post
This. From standing near the back the floor, you can tell it was the right setlist for the casual fan and not for the hardcore fans. There were much more casual fans in the audience last night.
Don't agree with this at all. It's a fucking DMB show, not a festival. Dave needs to stop playing favorites. If anything, it's the closest major city to where this band was born. There were plenty of "hardcores" there. Show some fucking respect to DC.
typsitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:10 AM   #120
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
If that's the case, it's 100% their own fault that their current fanbase can't make it through Seek Up. Bleh
roshea999 is online now   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc