These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2014, 11:56 AM   #541
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 14,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
That dreaming tree fire dancer would make a cool sticker, however I am lost on the decision to permanently disfigure your body like that.
Ohh, I didn't even realize that's what it was supposed to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
And the Say Goodbye one? That person is a dangerous individual and needs to be monitored. Jesus.
. good chance it's BigVodka
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:35 PM   #542
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 22,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Ohh, I didn't even realize that's what it was supposed to be
I'm just hoping. That is the only reason it would be interesting.
__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:15 PM   #543
mjf
bkdkdkddbkdkdkddbkdkdkdd
 
mjf's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 4,214
This really puts the show Bad Ink to shame, and that is saying something. This tops the extremely nerdy redhead guy who's wife (that definitely wore the pants) forced him to appear on the show to get rid of a tribal TRAMP STAMP he freakin had

[Only registered users can see links.]
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:24 PM   #544
RageATL
The Dude abides
 
RageATL's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
A few things...

First, while I would NEVER get a DMB tat, this one is not THAT bad (AKA I've seen far worse in this thread alone). Second, it's far too blown up...it wouldn't be as ridiculous if it were shrunk down a good bit. Lastly, where exactly is the location of this thing? Is that the right upper thigh area of a female facing forward or (please dear God said it's not) a female's midsection (I might be seeing some underboob in the upper left corner but where's the belly button???)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf View Post
this thread never gets old

the say goodbye bro has serious issues
NEVER, just checked it myself and I'm quietly chuckling whilest shaking my head.

Not only the obvious issue with tattooing lyrics on oneself but of all songs to get tattooed...he changes the lyrics to that song seemingly every time they play it!
__________________
*
*
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:03 PM   #545
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 22,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
A few things...

First, while I would NEVER get a DMB tat, this one is not THAT bad (AKA I've seen far worse in this thread alone). Second, it's far too blown up...it wouldn't be as ridiculous if it were shrunk down a good bit. Lastly, where exactly is the location of this thing? Is that the right upper thigh area of a female facing forward or (please dear God said it's not) a female's midsection (I might be seeing some underboob in the upper left corner but where's the belly button???)?
It is pretty horrid. YOU HAVE A GIANT FIREDANCER ON YOU BODY FOREVER! The is the side of a female torso. So, below the armpit, above the hip. Which means when she's forty / fifty years old, headed to the beach with her kids (grand kids more likely for her), that ginormous firedancer will be on display.

But, you're right, it wouldn't be as bad if it was smaller. But it's not, it's ridiculously large. It's also not as bad as some of the others, but that's like being the most sane person in the revival tent. Fucking bananas.
__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:06 PM   #546
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 22,199
And 'we'll make the best of what's around?' Who else is she referring to? a) her cats b) the voices in her head, or c) other posters on Ants?
__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:12 PM   #547
djrogyrog
Piss Off
 
djrogyrog's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: MD
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
And 'we'll make the best of what's around?' Who else is she referring to? a) her cats b) the voices in her head, or c) other posters on Ants?
djrogyrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:47 PM   #548
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 22,199
My buddy used to have a giant lake party every summer. One year this pretty cute girl showed up from NY with a firedancer tattoo on the small of her back. Someone immediately said, "dave matthews tattoo? That girl is a whore." I tried to defend her at that point because I was raised to respect woman, & because I was at the height of my super fandom (though they didn't know it). She then proceeded to have sex with two different dudes she that never met before in the basement over the course of the next 10 hours. That was the last time I'll defend anyone with a dmb tattoo.
__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:38 PM   #549
Caveat Emperor
The Flyin' Lions
 
Caveat Emperor's Avatar
 
Disc Golf Champion! Flash Poker Champion! Super Mario Flash HV Champion! Whammy Champion!
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Great Midwest
Posts: 6,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
She then proceeded to have sex with two different dudes she that never met before in the basement over the course of the next 10 hours.
You say this like it's a bad thing.
__________________
- Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
What's this about 'extended delay?' Hardened boarders know TDC was only down for two days: the day it went down, and the day it went back up.
Caveat Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:27 AM   #550
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things
 
Jayes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
My buddy used to have a giant lake party every summer. One year this pretty cute girl showed up from NY with a firedancer tattoo on the small of her back. Someone immediately said, "dave matthews tattoo? That girl is a whore." I tried to defend her at that point because I was raised to respect woman, & because I was at the height of my super fandom (though they didn't know it). She then proceeded to have sex with two different dudes she that never met before in the basement over the course of the next 10 hours. That was the last time I'll defend anyone with a dmb tattoo.
I think it's pretty damn safe to make assumptions like that with tramp stamps

Still sucks that those pretty young things will wash up early and go to waste
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:04 AM   #551
willndmb
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 5,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
You say this like it's a bad thing.
Depends if you are one of them or not lol
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:28 PM   #552
The Godfather
Chartz
 
The Godfather's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Madeira Beach, FL
Posts: 21,151
Showing my brother these pics bc he couldn’t believe it. He was also stunned to found out dmb date
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
So much dmb >
Anyone seen the dmb >
Too Much dmb
The Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 03:50 PM   #553
mja271
 
mja271's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 9,014
I've never really understood getting a band logo tattoo'd on your body. I can understand incorporating lyrics or imagery from a song, but idk something seems extra tacky going for the logo. I was obsessed with DMB 10 years ago and barely listen to them now. I feel like I'd regret a fire dancer much more than say a lyric from The Stone or something.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
Paul Bearer was Kane's father, but not Undertaker's. Taker killed his parents in a funeral home fire, but Bearer knocked up Undertaker's mom with Kane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:45 PM   #554
BigVodka
 
BigVodka's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: darkside of the loon
Posts: 2,275
ya’ll don’t tell my mom about the say bye tatt.

Just i have some special memories about that song, from when i was younger.

Shucks i ain’t no need explainin’ myself round these parts, and thank you for that.

We’re all family #dmb4life
__________________
.celebrate we won't.
BigVodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.09405 seconds with 28 queries