Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2016, 09:44 AM   #221
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Even though this is in Canada, it's still a big deal:

[Only registered users can see links.]

Quote:
"The writing is on the wall," PSAC's president Mark Salkeld said to CBC News. "Whether or not you believe in the climate change argument doesn't matter. The fact is, renewables, alternatives, other energy resources are coming."
ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 11:19 AM   #222
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Alright Trump, show me you are the great business man you say you are. Clean energy is more economically viable than dirty energy now. We are already on our way, will you choose to accept it or dig your heels in the ground?

Quote:
Trump's acceptance speech was unusually positive. "We will embark upon a project of national growth and renewal. I will harness the creative talents of our people, and we will call upon the best and brightest to leverage their tremendous talent for the benefit of all. It is going to happen," he said.
Quote:
That growth and renewal is already happening in the energy sector.
Quote:
There are now well over 1 million homes with solar. In just two years, there will be another million systems installed on residential rooftops around the country.

Last year, wind, natural gas and solar made up 97 percent of total power plant capacity additions.
Old 11-09-2016, 11:28 AM   #223
Habbs
Organic

Good luck with that, just a few days ago it seems he proposed ending all federal funding for clean energy. He is a climate change denier and his business experience isn't going to change him. He will stick to his plans like the inflexible incorrigible Republicans before him, it is all they know and respond to, incapable of responding to the populaces concerns, criticism or the looming realities they face telling them otherwise.
Old 11-09-2016, 12:19 PM   #224
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

I'm pretty furious at how fucked we are. "Well, humans stood confronted with the right choices a few times and crumbled." This guy is going to set us back YEARS in clean energy. So happy to see that we elected climate-change deniers and oil sympathizers to executive and congressional offices! We really are the biggest dipshits on the planet.
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 01:36 PM   #225
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbs View Post
Good luck with that, just a few days ago it seems he proposed ending all federal funding for clean energy. He is a climate change denier and his business experience isn't going to change him. He will stick to his plans like the inflexible incorrigible Republicans before him, it is all they know and respond to, incapable of responding to the populaces concerns, criticism or the looming realities they face telling them otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
I'm pretty furious at how fucked we are. "Well, humans stood confronted with the right choices a few times and crumbled." This guy is going to set us back YEARS in clean energy. So happy to see that we elected climate-change deniers and oil sympathizers to executive and congressional offices! We really are the biggest dipshits on the planet.
I know and agree. I am furious as well, but have to bury it deep down inside me or it will take over. I have the mind set now to just keep on reading articles related to the energy sector and see the positive changes reflected in the data that is coming in.

In the end, all renewable energy will be close to $0 to produce and consume, it's coming, but how hard the road will be is the question.....

So, to all of us, it's time to buy EVs, solar, and battery storage when we can.
Old 11-09-2016, 02:03 PM   #226
drummerkrf

Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

The thing that resonates with me the most out of the "Before The Flood" documentary is the professor from Harvard (a noted Republican) that supports the Carbon Tax.

What he said was poignant.

Its all about getting the information and knowledge that people like us (in this thread) know and acknowledge to the masses. The public will hold the politicians accountable, regardless of what they are saying perhaps now, going into office.

He cites Obama's stance on gay marriage as an example in the doc.

This needs to become more of a movement than a talking point. Something the masses will at some point rally around to hold Washington's feet to the fire. So that's where my hope resides. In the simple fact that this knowledge-base is becoming something of common sense, especially to the younger demographic.

Who know, if Trump shakes up the political status quo enough for party lines to become blurred, yadda yadda yadda... Climate Change could have a real chance at becoming the real political issue of our time as it deservedly needs to be... It has to start with the people, and the becoming an immovable social issue to get there though.

Gotta get the word out.
That's why I, with Daryl Hannah and Neil Young's blessing... am running a twitter account for their GoEarth website.
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 02:09 PM   #227
drummerkrf

But it is definitely hard to be positive after reading things like this...

Old 11-09-2016, 02:16 PM   #228
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerkrf View Post
The thing that resonates with me the most out of the "Before The Flood" documentary is the professor from Harvard (a noted Republican) that supports the Carbon Tax.

What he said was poignant.

Its all about getting the information and knowledge that people like us (in this thread) know and acknowledge to the masses. The public will hold the politicians accountable, regardless of what they are saying perhaps now, going into office.

He cites Obama's stance on gay marriage as an example in the doc.

This needs to become more of a movement than a talking point. Something the masses will at some point rally around to hold Washington's feet to the fire. So that's where my hope resides. In the simple fact that this knowledge-base is becoming something of common sense, especially to the younger demographic.
Yes, yes, yes! I really liked that part of the doc as well
Old 11-09-2016, 02:30 PM   #229
Mitch

You two are like the exact opposite of what a typical Texan is portrayed as
Mitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 03:16 PM   #230
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
You two are like the exact opposite of what a typical Texan is portrayed as
We're a new breed brah!

Never been a good ole boy from the South chewin on some tumble weed.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:37 PM   #231
drummerkrf

I only feed my horse Non-GMO corn.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:44 PM   #232
Mitch

Mitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 07:43 PM   #233
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Old 11-10-2016, 09:49 AM   #234
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Alright, for people who don't drive a long distance to work, who don't mind this look for a car, and who really want to reduce your CO2 emissions, Nissan just upped the battery for their entry level LEAF.

If I didn't have a 63 mile round trip from home to work everyday, I would have already bought one.

Quote:
LEAF S $30,680 USD
LEAF SV $34,200 USD
LEAF SL $36,790 USD
So, with haggling from the dealer, you could potentially get an EV for under $30,000.
Old 11-10-2016, 02:21 PM   #235
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Economics. Economics. Economics.

Trump better align himself with clean energy.....

Short video on different small towns across the country and how clean energy is helping them.

Old 11-10-2016, 02:27 PM   #236
mja271

The Leaf would be more enticing if it wasn't so fugly
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 02:44 PM   #237
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
The Leaf would be more enticing if it wasn't so fugly
I don't mind it, but I get that. I test drove one when they came out in 2011 and it's quite a nice ride - smooth, better acceleration than a normal ICE car, and quiet.

Just throwing this out there as a suggestion.....I've been waiting for the cheaper Tesla EV for 4 years now, can't wait for my Model 3.
Old 11-10-2016, 03:10 PM   #238
mja271

Yea no doubt, I always appreciate your updates in here, it's made me want to learn more about the subject and often fascinated me.

I drove a Pontiac Aztek for years so I've already hit my lifetime quota of ugly cars, I can't drive something even questionable at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 03:43 PM   #239
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
I drove a Pontiac Aztek for years so I've already hit my lifetime quota of ugly cars, I can't drive something even questionable at this point
Thanks! and
Old 11-10-2016, 04:04 PM   #240
ggies
Sugar Will '04

And so the BS starts even before Trump is in office. Look, the only type of car that is the future is an EV and sadly, this is just to try and slow down everything that is progressing with our technology.

Quote:
Automakers told Trump's team in the letter "technology and change are swamping the regulatory capacity to manage our emerging reality. Reform is imperative."
What this quote really means is: "We're fucked and we con't stop the progress of companies like Tesla."

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc