Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2018, 12:19 PM   #1081
d.m.bfan222
Nothing beats BTCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aparker507 View Post
2018 ants: [Only registered users can see links.]

2013 ants: [Only registered users can see links.]
What's the piece of paper on the drum on Carter's left in the 2013 vid? I know he has his own prompter and video screen, never seen paper on a drum before.
d.m.bfan222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:21 PM   #1082
3beamsoflight6

Has the band ever gotten to the first gig of a tour 4 days beforehand to rehearse? I can’t recall that ever happening and would seem like it would make sense that they knew BT was out and they needed extra time to prepare.
3beamsoflight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:21 PM   #1083
That's it, Sir.
I understand.

Quote:
Carter played his normal self on the weather channel gigs with Jeff over the summer, and the Charlottesville show.

That's why I say he didn't need a break, and not playing for that long wouldn't affect him that much. That was deliberately mostly keeping a rhythm in most of the songs that night. Nothing much extra.

Don't mean to keep harping on it, but I'd have been pissed to pay for that. That's why I'm going with the sick benefit, though I don't think he was.
Ok, so to continue this useless speculation, then maybe he just hates playing these songs with this band in this setting but they are under pressure to debut an album at #1 and this whole long slow cascade into self-sabotage Boyd has put them through is really complicating shit for them and exacerbating their issues working together?
That's it, Sir. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:21 PM   #1084
greykitkat36

Quote:
2018 ants: [Only registered users can see links.]

2013 ants: [Only registered users can see links.]
That’s a bad comparison though because the sound quality of the 2018 video is awful compared to the 2013. You can barely hear the drums at all in the ‘18 version. Sounded fine to me, just him playing a little more simple that’s all. And honestly we’ve all been botching that he’s doing too much and taking away from songs anyway now he finally simplifies and we’re bitchign that he’s not playing loud and all over the place?
Old 02-09-2018, 12:23 PM   #1085
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3beamsoflight6 View Post
Has the band ever gotten to the first gig of a tour 4 days beforehand to rehearse? I can’t recall that ever happening and would seem like it would make sense that they knew BT was out and they needed extra time to prepare.
Pretty much every year they spend a few days before the tour rehearsing but that’s usually it unless they plan on busting out an old song or a brand new song, then they’ll use that private backstage rehearsal space. But I don’t think they rehearsed for this super bowl gig. It was a one off show and far from the start of the tour.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:25 PM   #1086
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by That's it, Sir. View Post
Ok, so to continue this useless speculation, then maybe he just hates playing these songs with this band in this setting but they are under pressure to debut an album at #1 and this whole long slow cascade into self-sabotage Boyd has put them through is really complicating shit for them and exacerbating their issues working together?
No it’s just people reading into stuff way too much. It was one show, relax. If this persists we’ll have something to worry about, but I don’t think it will. These guys were blindsided by Boyd and it probably affected them a bit, that’s all. Even if they knew he wasn’t going to be there, it’s still weird to play a show and play songs without someone who’s been with them every single time for 25 years. You can say it’ll be fine but when you actually get on stage and run through the songs it hits you that he’s not there. They’ve been through this with Roi too, although this is clearly much different.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:27 PM   #1087
Aparker507

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.m.bfan222 View Post
What's the piece of paper on the drum on Carter's left in the 2013 vid? I know he has his own prompter and video screen, never seen paper on a drum before.
Probably lyrics or structure to a song they may have been gonna play on the fly or something they haven't played in a while. I haven't looked at that woodlands set but that's usually what the paper is for.
Aparker507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:28 PM   #1088
Aparker507

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
No it’s just people reading into stuff way too much. It was one show, relax. If this persists we’ll have something to worry about, but I don’t think it will. These guys were blindsided by Boyd and it probably affected them a bit, that’s all. Even if they knew he wasn’t going to be there, it’s still weird to play a show and play songs without someone who’s been with them every single time for 25 years. You can say it’ll be fine but when you actually get on stage and run through the songs it hits you that he’s not there. They’ve been through this with Roi too, although this is clearly much different.
Excellent summary. Until we hear otherwise, probably nothing else to say. Let's see what May brings us.
Aparker507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:29 PM   #1089
mario

Quote:
but they are so close to breaking a massive record (#1's) few bands may have the chance to even touch given the climate of modern rock.
No, they're not. And I feel pretty comfortable saying they will never have that record.
[Edit: I posted consecutive albums to hit #1, not debut. Wildcats had the correct stat below.]

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:32 PM   #1090
mja271

Yikes that Ants was pretty terrible
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:33 PM   #1091
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

Most consecutive studio albums to debut at number-one
Source:[17] [18] [19]

Eminem (7)
Kanye West (6) (tie)
Metallica (6) (tie)
Beyoncé (6) (tie)
Dave Matthews Band (6) (tie)
Old 02-09-2018, 12:34 PM   #1092
That's it, Sir.
I understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
I'm at a resting heart rate. I don't take any of this seriously. I haven't bought tickets since 2011 at the Caravans. I come here for the info, discussion and personalities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
No, they're not. And I feel pretty comfortable saying they will never have that record.

[Only registered users can see links.]
Most consecutive number-one studio albums

Source:[Only registered users can see links.] [Only registered users can see links.]
  • [Only registered users can see links.] (8) (tie)
  • [Only registered users can see links.] (7) (tie)
  • [Only registered users can see links.] (7) (tie)
Tie for it, whatever. It's not out of the realm of possibility that it could be important to them. Who doesn't want to tie Eminem? I mean, come on.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:37 PM   #1093
mario

Quote:
Tie for it, whatever. It's not out of the realm of possibility that it could be important to them. Who doesn't want to tie Eminem? I mean, come on.

Pretty different from breaking...

Old 02-09-2018, 12:38 PM   #1094
d.m.bfan222
Nothing beats BTCS

Quote:
Probably lyrics or structure to a song they may have been gonna play on the fly or something they haven't played in a while. I haven't looked at that woodlands set but that's usually what the paper is for.
Dreamgirl!
d.m.bfan222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:41 PM   #1095
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post
Most consecutive studio albums to debut at number-one
Source:[17] [18] [19]

Eminem (7)
Kanye West (6) (tie)
Metallica (6) (tie)
Beyoncé (6) (tie)
Dave Matthews Band (6) (tie)
You're right, the list I posted was not to debut, just appear at #1. I edited mine out.

Old 02-09-2018, 12:42 PM   #1096
That's it, Sir.
I understand.

Quote:
Pretty different from breaking...
Ok sure, I'm admittedly not up on my trivia but isn't Dave a huge Beatles fan? Couldn't there be both internal/external pressure for all of them to tie with one of the most iconic entertainment acts ever to exist for so many reason I don't feel like typing? Wouldn't it be somewhat infuriating to have some guy you threw in with turn out to talk to crystals and sexually assault his proteges and risk the whole damned thing right after you announce your album that could do it for you? Again, useless speculation and all that lot.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:43 PM   #1097
mario

Quote:
Ok sure, I'm admittedly not up on my trivia but isn't Dave a huge Beatles fan? Couldn't there be both internal/external pressure for all of them to tie with one of the most iconic...

right after you announce your album that could do it for you?

DUDE. Read the fucking list. The Beatles aren't in the picture anymore.

And if you're looking at the incorrect list I posted, they were still two albums behind the Beatles.

Does anyone even think DMB will ever release an 8th studio album?

Old 02-09-2018, 12:46 PM   #1098
That's it, Sir.
I understand.

Quote:
DUDE. Read the fucking list. The Beatles aren't in the picture anymore.

And if you're looking at the incorrect list I posted, they were still two albums behind the Beatles.

Does anyone even think DMB will ever release an 8th studio album?
BRO, I was looking at the misinformation you provided and can't be bothered to care that much. I really don't double check you for edits.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:47 PM   #1099
That's it, Sir.
I understand.

I also lost track of how many albums DMB has released. Oh well
Old 02-09-2018, 12:48 PM   #1100
mario

Quote:
I also lost track of how many albums DMB has released. Oh well
So maybe just google it before you post?

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc