These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2018, 11:04 AM   #2081
DMBCLSTJ

So, School shooting in the backyard of the venue they are playing tonight, BT (enough said there), should be an interesting show.
DMBCLSTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:05 AM   #2082
hobbesthecat
stand up ba-dadadada

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Also, how the fuck was crystal garden not even an LLC??? Let alone a corporation. How fucking dumb is that!

This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
Shut the fuck up you filthy whore. Jesuit school has made you soft.
hobbesthecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:06 AM   #2083
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBCLSTJ View Post
So, School shooting in the backyard of the venue they are playing tonight, BT (enough said there), should be an interesting show.
Literally backyard? Like within a mile?

If ever there was a time to postpone a show...

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:06 AM   #2084
Josh.0

Imagine Boyd’s disappointment upon finding out that Fenway Park, home of the Red Sox, wasn’t a kinky sex fetish party?
Just so you know, B.B.C. stands for Bitch Be Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
You know what else it stands for though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I cant wait for him to google that
30 minutes later

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
You guys are sick.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:07 AM   #2085
Thrawn
You can't take the sky from me

Quote:
The missing piece of your logic seems to be that you treat it like only five people exist backstage.

How about the dozens of techs, roadies, assistants, caterers, security, drivers, family, etc.? Not a single one of them ever whispered amongst themselves about Boyd to the point someone pulled Dave aside and said "I heard some weird shit..."
It's a good point, I hear where you're coming from. But it seems like Boyd was pretty savvy about keeping this private. You're assuming that this means that Boyd was molesting people around DMB shows, and I don't think that has to be true. Again, an open secret that he fucked dudes? Sure. People thinking he was sexually assaulting people? How would rumors like that get passed around? It certainly seems like the Crystal Garden dudes were pretty carefully keeping it quiet, out of fear if nothing else.

Sometimes this shit is invisible. My favorite 6th grade teacher turned out to have molested more than a hundred children, ages 3-6, and no one in my entire grade level of students had the slightest fucking clue. When that news came out, I must have talked to 40 friends of mine and no one had the slightest suspicion. A hundred children!
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:11 AM   #2086
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn View Post
It's a good point, I hear where you're coming from. But it seems like Boyd was pretty savvy about keeping this private. You're assuming that this means that Boyd was molesting people around DMB shows, and I don't think that has to be true. Again, an open secret that he fucked dudes? Sure. People thinking he was sexually assaulting people? How would rumors like that get passed around? It certainly seems like the Crystal Garden dudes were pretty carefully keeping it quiet, out of fear if nothing else.

Sometimes this shit is invisible. My favorite 6th grade teacher turned out to have molested more than a hundred children, ages 3-6, and no one in my entire grade level of students had the slightest fucking clue. When that news came out, I must have talked to 40 friends of mine and no one had the slightest suspicion. A hundred children!
Boyd was being really fucking creepy to his employees and harassing them.

Maybe the dmb folks think it's a consensual relationship. It's still Employer-employee which is a recipe for disaster. Someone should've stepped in at that point. And just a modicum of digging around would've revealed a lot more.

Old 05-18-2018, 11:11 AM   #2087
Fan#41

Homers Beer Run Champion!
I bet Boyd has been like this for a very long time and it only got worse after Roi passed. The kid was saying Boyd was popping pills and that's been another rumor. Could be opioids for depression, arthritic pain relief, or just shit he was getting from a handler. These are also things that you can't just keep private.

At the very least, if some of the crew/management knew these things...you better believe your ass Dave Matthews fucking knew. I'm not saying I know exactly what Dave knew or what he should have done...but he HAD to have known a good deal of these things.
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:12 AM   #2088
Mitch

Quote:
Literally backyard? Like within a mile?

If ever there was a time to postpone a show...
Looks about an hour and a half away
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:13 AM   #2089
Josh.0

Quote:
Looks about an hour and a half away
Yeah itís southeast of Houston, show is northwest of Houston. I still bet they cancel.
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:13 AM   #2090
Thrawn
You can't take the sky from me

He was being really fucking creepy to his employees and harassing them rarely and in private. Which story that Frost-Winn shared would you have expected a DMB crew member to have known about?

Or do you think that, just at face value, "Boyd likes to bone young dudes, and he's made a band of young dudes" is enough for them to take action? For that matter, what action should they have taken?

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or ridicule; I'm interested in your responses. You're so convinced of this that you think I'm insane; can you clarify where that certainty comes from?
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:14 AM   #2091
typsitch
setlist communist by necessity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
The more I think about this the more I come to the conclusion that Dave comes out looking like a total fucking fraud. Not a bad guy, but a sellout of how he presents himself. I get wanting to protect what you have built, but just every action the band has taken since the Super Bowl is to distance themselves from Boyd, but also to leave the door open to him to return if he could brush this under the rug yet again. I get that this is a huge machine, but there was no way this wasn't coming to a head. If they had stepped infront of this in February it would be over by now. They couched it to promote an album, they couched it to promote a tour. They put $$$ in front of their morals. That is fine for Coran, but not for Dave. Or David. Or whatever version of himself he wants to use to shield himself from the guilt.

Boyd brought his prey on tour with them and on small private jets with other band members. There is just no way they didn't know. Maybe they never saw a smoking gun, but they fucking knew. There is just no way. Would Dave or Stefan let their kids hang out with Boyd? I'm guessing that is a no. Dave presents himself as a social justice warrior, and here these young vulnerable men / boys are being groomed under the power of the name DAVE MATTHEWS. He must feel fucking gross. In a way they are lucky they are way past their prime, but still, heavy is the head...
Holy shit, what's it like up there on that horse? You really go right for the most uncharitable, scathing viewpoint you possibly can when you don't have the facts, don't you?

You see the band as culpable.. why? Because Boyd might have occasionally hung around with fucking grown adults (you call them "vulnerable men/boys") near the band? It's not like Boyd is walking around backstage with a bunch of 12 years old like Sandusky. Why would you expect the band to suspect that Boyd was doing something wrong?

And suggesting that band wouldn't let their kids hang out with Boyd, this is just pure bullshit speculation.

You also have no evidence that the band and/or Dave knew of these specific allegations as of a few months ago, so calling Dave out as a fraud for covering both bases is disingenuous.

Lastly, maybe you should try to zoom out a bit and realize what's even being talked about here. It's ONE allegation (yes, I know everyone wants to say this is the 2nd, funny how suddenly everyone is giving credibility to the first one when the guy was embezzling millions from Boyd and found guilty of it) for fucking $9 millions dollars. And the fucking details of the allegation are fucking TAME all things considered. You make this sound like some grand fucking child abuse ring conspiracy that the DMB machine tried to cover up - where the hell are you getting this? Is a mickey mouse allegation like this really all it takes to bring down a band in some of your eyes in 2018? Yikes.
typsitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:15 AM   #2092
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by typsitch View Post
Holy shit, what's it like up there on that horse? You really go right for the most uncharitable, scathing viewpoint you possibly can when you don't have the facts, don't you?

You see the band as culpable.. why? Because Boyd might have occasionally hung around with fucking grown adults (you call them "vulnerable men/boys") near the band? It's not like Boyd is walking around backstage with a bunch of 12 years old like Sandusky. Why would you expect the band to suspect that Boyd was doing something wrong?

And suggesting that band wouldn't let their kids hang out with Boyd, this is just pure bullshit speculation.

You also have no evidence that the band and/or Dave knew of these specific allegations as of a few months ago, so calling Dave out as a fraud for covering both bases is disingenuous.

Lastly, maybe you should try to zoom out a bit and realize what's even being talked about here. It's ONE allegation (yes, I know everyone wants to say this is the 2nd, funny how suddenly everyone is giving credibility to the first one when the guy was embezzling millions from Boyd and found guilty of it) for fucking $9 millions dollars. And the fucking details of the allegation are fucking TAME all things considered. You make this sound like some grand fucking child abuse ring conspiracy that the DMB machine tried to cover up - where the hell are you getting this? Is a mickey mouse allegation like this really all it takes to bring down a band in some of your eyes in 2018? Yikes.
Wow.
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:16 AM   #2093
mario

I really can't get over crystal garden not being a corporate entity.... WWas anyone advising boyd at all? And who the fuck was dealing with these settlements? Was boyd just handing people wads of cash to go away?

Also, I want to go back and see how his lawyers responded to the ex managers lawsuit. Did they deny things outright? They can't lie in a court filing. If the ex manager alleged boyd had homosexual relations, they can object to relevancy, but they can't deny the claim. Did they dance around the allegations of grooming or outright deny them?

Old 05-18-2018, 11:19 AM   #2094
SoftMacho
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
Yeah itís southeast of Houston, show is northwest of Houston. I still bet they cancel.
Seriously?
SoftMacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:19 AM   #2095
typsitch
setlist communist by necessity

Quote:
They aren't cancelling.
typsitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:20 AM   #2096
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:
Yeah, its close enough to effect some folks going to the show. Not sure they will cancel, seems like they feel that their music is a "healer" to some but I'd expect SC and/or or Cry Freedom if they are lucky.
DMBCLSTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:20 AM   #2097
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by typsitch View Post
They aren't cancelling.
Weíll see. Iím just guessing. It gives them a huge out.
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:21 AM   #2098
mattinmass
heady

Show will go on as normal...no Boyd will not be referenced... maybe the shooting will
mattinmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:23 AM   #2099
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn View Post
He was being really fucking creepy to his employees and harassing them rarely and in private. Which story that Frost-Winn shared would you have expected a DMB crew member to have known about?

You think this was turned on and off like a switch? There's nothing about these details (text messages, the incident at the studio) that suggest boyd was a mastermind at keeping it private.

And no one ever walked into his bus at an inopportune time, and the bus driver never saw anything?

But, again, just consensually fucking his employees in the band is enough for a civil lawsuit and should have raised alarms.

Old 05-18-2018, 11:23 AM   #2100
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
With a shooting 90 minutes away (and the shooter in custody) I'd be very surprised if they cancelled over that.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc