These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2007, 11:11 AM   #41
HeelsFan

I agree the last couple of episodes have been better, but still not up to the quality of the first couple of seasons. Really the show started going downhill when it stopped being a medical comedy and became a comedy in a medical setting.

What I mean by this is in the past couple of years, everyone on staff hangs out together. You now have the janitor, the chief of medicine, internal medicine docs, surgeons, and nurses all hanging out at bars and outside of work together. Plus, you have them in situations that aren't reasonable in the medical setting (like all of them spending that much time in Private Dancer's room a couple of episodes back). In the past you had JD, Turk, Carla, and Elliot hanging out outside of the hospital, but no one else.

I really think it has turned into more of a sitcom and that is what has lead to its downfall. It is still great and I'll still watch, but it is nowhere near the peak that was seasons 1-3.
HeelsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:08 PM   #42
FishMonkeyMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelsFan View Post
I agree the last couple of episodes have been better, but still not up to the quality of the first couple of seasons. Really the show started going downhill when it stopped being a medical comedy and became a comedy in a medical setting.

What I mean by this is in the past couple of years, everyone on staff hangs out together. You now have the janitor, the chief of medicine, internal medicine docs, surgeons, and nurses all hanging out at bars and outside of work together. Plus, you have them in situations that aren't reasonable in the medical setting (like all of them spending that much time in Private Dancer's room a couple of episodes back). In the past you had JD, Turk, Carla, and Elliot hanging out outside of the hospital, but no one else.

I really think it has turned into more of a sitcom and that is what has lead to its downfall. It is still great and I'll still watch, but it is nowhere near the peak that was seasons 1-3.

btw, bill lawrence has said that has vision for the show has always been to be a live action version of the simpsons with a large universe of characters and tons of sight gags. the show has been more of his original vision in the last couple years then it was in the beginning.

yeah except that once j.d., elliot, and turk became attendings, they werent finding their way anymore...

the only thing wrong with scrubs this season (aside from a little bad writing, and only a few episodes were actually bad) is the new look and feel of the show.

Last edited by FishMonkeyMan; 03-22-2007 at 01:27 PM.
FishMonkeyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:53 PM   #43
DMBFreakNo41
Stage Left Forever.

Great episode tonight. seems to be a trend as of late.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:13 AM   #44
FishMonkeyMan

this was a strong, funny episode, but its still too dramatic in the way it is shot now and that bugs me... stop trying to make it greys anatomy
Old 03-23-2007, 07:56 AM   #45
thestand
Stay Positive

First episode I've missed in a few seasons. Will have to download tonight.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:56 PM   #46
DMBFreakNo41
Stage Left Forever.

whew...sad one tonight.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:05 PM   #47
thestand
Stay Positive

Good, but sad. I'm glad they didn't end it on a completely down note, and threw in the JD laughing/crying thing, to complete the whole catharsis of the episode. But I'd say best of the season.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:17 PM   #48
Smylie

great episode

Smylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:20 AM   #49
FishMonkeyMan

great episode... the head shaving thing with dr. cox, if anyone was wondering why it just happened tonight whereas he was bald 4 weeks ago in the flashback episode (but then had hair in the two following episodes)... according to people i know that work there, the crew was giving him so much shit about his hair he shaved his head (which is basically what he said in the opening of the episode), but then they had to go back and do retakes for that flashback episode and were pretty much fucked, and figured since its a flashback, it doesn't really fall into the continuity of the season so oh well.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:24 PM   #50
DMBFreakNo41
Stage Left Forever.

decent one tonight. the JD, Turk, Janitor story was good.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:42 PM   #51
FishMonkeyMan

the season really started to get back on its feet once zach braff renewed his contract for next year and they started making j.d. the narrative lead he always was again. it seemed like they were trying to phase him out of being necessary for the show and it didnt work.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc