These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2007, 03:25 PM   #1
zhess88

Lollapalooza 07

Anyone else planning on going? August 3-5 in Chicago

Pearl Jam, Daft Punk, Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals, Muse, Iggy & The Stooges, Paul Green School of Rock All-Stars, Modest Mouse, Interpol, My Morning Jacket, Satellite Party, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Snow Patrol, The Roots, Patti Smith, Kings of Leon, The Black Keys, Regina Spektor, Spoon, Lupe Fiasco, TV on the Radio, Pete Yorn, G. Love & Special Sauce, Paolo Nutini, Amy Winehouse, LCD Soundsystem, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Silverchair, Femi Kuti, Yo La Tengo, Slightly Stoopid, The Hold Steady, Jack's Mannequin, Stephen Marley, Sound Tribe Sector 9, M.I.A., Blonde Redhead, Sparklehorse, Sean Lennon, !!!, Blue October, Son Volt, Motion City Soundtrack, Polyphonic Spree, Ted Leo & The Pharmacists, Peter Bjorn & John, Silversun Pickups, Cansei De Ser Sexy (CSS), The Rapture, The Wailers, Roky Erickson & The Explosives, Tapes 'n Tapes, Heartless Bastards, The View, The Cribs, The Fratellis, Ghostland Observatory, Tokyo Police Club, Rhymefest, Soulive, Cold War Kids, Annuals, Fields, Electric Six, Jim Noir, Elvis Perkins in Dearland, Sam Roberts Band, The Black Angels, Charlie Musselwhite, Aqueduct, Juliette and The Licks, Dios Malos, Viva Voce, David Vandervelde, Los Campesinos!, Chin Up Chin Up, Ryan Shaw, Colour Revolt, The Satin Peaches, Illinois, Arckid, Mickey Avalon, The 1900s, Bang Bang Bang, Bound Stems, High Class Elite, Carey Ott, Matt Roan.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:29 PM   #2
Wescoast

it is literally 3 blocks from my house and there is no way i am going to go. the lineup is really lousy and not worth 195 bucks and 3 days of my life.

imo, when ben harper is a headliner... the festival has issues.
Wescoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:30 PM   #3
FishMonkeyMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wescoast View Post
it is literally 3 blocks from my house and there is no way i am going to go. the lineup is really awful and not worth 195 bucks and 3 days of my life.

imo, when ben harper is a headliner... the festival has issues.
awful?

isnt it pearl jam's only u.s. appearance this year? that in itself is worth going for.
FishMonkeyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:31 PM   #4
Wescoast

changed. and yes, pj is intriguing, but that is about it.
Wescoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:44 PM   #5
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishMonkeyMan View Post
awful?

isnt it pearl jam's only u.s. appearance this year? that in itself is worth going for.
$195 for Pearl Jam?
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 03:48 PM   #6
zhess88

pj, the roots, mmj, modest mouse, the black keys, ted leo, ben harper, IGGY AND THE STOOGES! i mean damn. that's pretty good.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:54 PM   #7
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhess88 View Post
pj, the roots, mmj, modest mouse, the black keys, ted leo, ben harper, IGGY AND THE STOOGES! i mean damn. that's pretty good.
Eh, my days of traveling to festivals is over, but the line up doesn't blow me away. Then again I've seen some of those acts before.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:04 PM   #8
zhess88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
Eh, my days of traveling to festivals is over, but the line up doesn't blow me away. Then again I've seen some of those acts before.
yea it's not a far drive to chicago from here. i might feel different about going if it was further away. that's why im suprised to see wescoast not wanting to go, he lives that close and still has no desire to go.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:25 PM   #9
doors1963

i bought my tickets before the lineup was announced, assuming it would be similar if not better than last years lineup, which had so many bands that i would so see on their own (arcade fire, the shins, chili peppers, flaming lips, death cab, andrew bird, iron and wine) but this lineup, for me, is definately lacking in anyone i'm dying to see, besides PJ, though some people are really excited about it. i guess it depends on what you're into. oh well, it'll be my first festival and give me an excuse to spend a weekend in chicago
doors1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:16 AM   #10
wanderer88

DAFT PUNK
Old 04-18-2007, 12:27 AM   #11
doors1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer88 View Post
DAFT PUNK
is daft punk really good live? i haven't listened to much of them at all but i have heard a lot of people being excited about them at lolla, doesn't seem to be a headliner i would be excited about, but from what others are saying, it should be good
doors1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:56 AM   #12
Strugz10

I think I'm only going to buy a ticket for Sunday so I can catch Pearl Jam, and a few others. This lineup really doesn't do much for me (yet) so I don't mind only spending the $65 or whatever for one day.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:09 PM   #13
brettd03
Your bed's a car...

Pearl Jam, Modest Mouse, The Roots, Lupe Fiasco, The Hold Steady, Jack's Mannequin.... but i could see all of those bands for less than $195
brettd03 is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc