These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2018, 09:08 PM   #41
willndmb

What was the other guy who screwed a shitload of people name, Craig?
His name on some places was like dontburnthepig or something and he had a lot of iem
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 11:29 PM   #42
3beamsoflight6

Craig Bromley. He stole $300 from me in 2002.
3beamsoflight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 11:37 PM   #43
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
How?

I remember that name for sure
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 11:43 PM   #44
3beamsoflight6

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
How?

I remember that name for sure
I was 19 and clearly an idiot. Sent $300 for 3rd tow tickets at Mansfield. They were to be at will call under my name. Needless to say they were not there and he was a ghost afterwards. Never heard from him again. I was a poor college kid; it was pretty devastating at the time.
3beamsoflight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 07:21 AM   #45
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3beamsoflight6 View Post
I was 19 and clearly an idiot. Sent $300 for 3rd tow tickets at Mansfield. They were to be at will call under my name. Needless to say they were not there and he was a ghost afterwards. Never heard from him again. I was a poor college kid; it was pretty devastating at the time.
Oh, that is so fucking shitty. On top of the $300, him actually making you go to the venue, and get that feeling when they tell you there are no tickets. What a shitbag.

Hes the one who got busted selling counterfit jeans, right? And ended up going into the army?

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:22 AM   #46
gweeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Hes the one who got busted selling counterfit jeans, right? And ended up going into the army?
I think so, and if I remember correctly, some notable poster (Kristen?) from Amidreaming married him afterwards and claimed he was a changed man.
gweeps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:28 AM   #47
That's it, Sir.
I understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
I think so, and if I remember correctly, some notable poster (Kristen?) from Amidreaming married him afterwards and claimed he was a changed man.
I remember all of this business. Such strange phenomenon.
That's it, Sir. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:31 AM   #48
gweeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by That's it, Sir. View Post
I remember all of this business. Such strange phenomenon.
Yeah, I'm surprised I remembered her name. She was a mod over there, I think.
gweeps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 09:09 AM   #49
blumathu

I am still angry at myself for getting screwed by a Mr Ovaries and then going to add him to the bad trader list (what was that called?) and seeing he was already on there.
blumathu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 09:30 AM   #50
willndmb

Quote:
Craig Bromley. He stole $300 from me in 2002.
Bingo
I believe he still posts in the WH too
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 09:38 AM   #51
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Quote:
Oh, that is so fucking shitty. On top of the $300, him actually making you go to the venue, and get that feeling when they tell you there are no tickets. What a shitbag.

We all remember that show day excitement - especially back in the day when (at 19) you maybe only had a handful of shows at best under your belt. So so shitty
Old 01-26-2018, 09:39 AM   #52
drh424s

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenThings View Post
Listen if old tapes and Cds mean more then a heartfelt interview with the sax player from a band we all love fine, but come on..

I was in 9th grade when this stuff happend. I am happy to write my wrongs of the past. It was my fault. Bit off more them i could chew. I am sincerely sorry.

Having said that this interview involves the serious subject of Alzheimer's which has stolen my mother from me, so please if you have nothing to say about the interview then move on...
It's a shitty interview by a shitty person
drh424s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 09:45 AM   #53
Fan#41

Homers Beer Run Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by willndmb View Post
What was the other guy who screwed a shitload of people name, Craig?
His name on some places was like dontburnthepig or something and he had a lot of iem
Quote:
Quote:

He’s the one who got busted selling counterfit jeans, right? And ended up going into the army?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blumathu View Post
I am still angry at myself for getting screwed by a Mr Ovaries and then going to add him to the bad trader list (what was that called?) and seeing he was already on there.

A friend of mine was ripped off by mr. bromley back then (early 2000's) as well for tickets. I remember my buddy telling me about it not too long after it had happened and right when he said the name I was like..oh no....and my friend looked at me and asked if I knew him and I told him that he was notorious for ripping people off, tickets, random scams, and again yet another bad apple in the trading community who ripped many many people. He was already a well-known fuckface in the community by the early 2000's and unfortunately those "bad trader" lists didn't circulate well enough to make people aware of guys like him, so he sorta just zig-zagged through the fanbase using multiple emails, screen names, board names, etc... ripping people off for a long time.

I vaguely remember the AMI thing. I was a mod on AMI for a short time and he was always a topic of discussion behind the scenes, mainly because she (and someone else) kept defending him.
Fan#41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 10:03 AM   #54
Fan#41

Homers Beer Run Champion!
And someone had a personal encounter with Bromley at a show, didn't they? I know it wasn't Mersh, but it was someone that I think still posts on here? They mentioned it in that ufck thread that Urban was talked about. Sad thing is these guys have issues outside of the dmb community as well, it's not like they just decided to start being terrible people to random fans in this community. This is usually an extension of who they are as a person in everyday life. I'm sure the same goes for Urban as well.
Fan#41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 10:03 AM   #55
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumathu View Post
you only got yourself to blame for that one
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 10:05 AM   #56
batleon

Quote:
Honestly if any of these folks have really "changed" it'd be nice to see them make some kind of reparations. I was lucky enough to join the community at a time when people like this were well known enough that I knew to avoid them. I very clearly remember these names.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 10:29 AM   #57
That's it, Sir.
I understand.

Quote:
I remember all this and a thread entitled, "Wow. Just Wow." among other things. The internet was such a different place in those days.
That's it, Sir. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 10:49 AM   #58
patsfan39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
CD's, stamps, tapes, vhs', also he was selling "bootlegs" to new traders back then as well. I came across a few traders back in the day who had a ripped copy of a "Live & Dreaming" (1/26/95) bootleg. So basically he was just selling a random show that you'd trade, it wasn't even an actual "bootleg" you'd buy in a store back then. I'm sure he did more than all that as well. But imagine all that stuff and then multiply it by...shit dozens and dozens of people over the course of like 6 or 7 years. Then you add on top of that he was a nasty jerk beyond the theft. So yeah of course you can say "hey man, it's only like 15 - 20 bucks a bunch of years ago", and you're 100% right but a) theft is theft, b) he not only took your money but then continued to be an asshole verbally and through his actions, c) he did this to many traders and the only reason it may not seem like a big deal to you is because pretty much all those people he screwed over don't post anymore so it only seems like one guy is talking about. But trust me, those of us who were around then know his reputation and/or have been screwed by him on numerous occasions. The trading community back then was a great thing to be a part of so when you had bad apples like Urban ruining things it's always something you remember so it's not like there are any overreactions here.
Let me clarify, I am 100% on your side. Thinking how many people he screwed over is immediately where my mind went to understand your outrage. Also, I love a good grudge as much as the next guy so i respect the move of seeing his name and unleashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
bkdkbbkkddd

the letters he draws with his tongue.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 11:54 AM   #59
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Got a hunch we aren't going to be seeing mr broken things anytime soon/again.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:05 PM   #60
Bluewater34
Is Old

Well, this wasn’t what I expected when I clicked on this thread.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc