These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2018, 05:36 AM   #21
gweeps

Not to pile on, but, the very second line of his first post is odd. Been sitting on this for awhile.

What? Why? That implies he's been withholding the thing.
gweeps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:40 AM   #22
Fan#41

Homers Beer Run Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
Um, this guy is a very clever manipulator.

1. Accuses people of overreacting for being ripped off, classic tactic of a narcissist
2. “I was in 9th grade” - implies that he’s changed (he hasn’t).
3. “Bit off more than I could chew” - purposefully vague statement that implies he just got backed up. He willfully ripped people off, no accidents here
4. Uses his mother as a prop to get people to back off
The way he words things, he still fundamentally takes no responsibility. Also the whole "9th grade" thing is bullshit as he was ripping people off and being a dick for YEARS, even up to 2005 when that thread on ufck was made and someone said they had gotten ripped off by him a few months earlier, so his nonsense went on well beyond 2000/2001.
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:51 AM   #23
Fan#41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
Also the interview says:
I was able to set up an interview for Relix Magazine with Dave Matthews Band’s saxophonist and 3x Grammy winner Jeff Coffin during Dave Matthews Band long and extensive 2016 Summer Tour”

What does this even mean?
I just took that as there was a 3rd party involved in getting it set-up through the publication. Jeff isn't as accessible as he was years ago with the Flecktones, but he still answers emails and phone calls from acquaintances throughout the years which says a lot about who he is as a person. He's a super kind and accommodating guy, just as he was with the Flecktones (as the rest of the Flecktones still are after all these years).
Old 01-25-2018, 10:52 AM   #24
Thor2531
I Fucked NAKEDdmbLauren

Lost two grandparents to Alzheimer's. Still hate people who fuck me over.
Thor2531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:53 AM   #25
sdaltons

If it was for Relix, why is it posted on something called Festival Footprints? Did Relix give permission to re-print?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittay
but what if the DMB's GGT was a really GGT, then D&F's GGT wouldn't be such a GGT as DMB's GGT, WWYS?
sdaltons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:54 AM   #26
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

opcorn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 11:11 AM   #27
sean52692
Ten steps ahead of you

Seemed like such an innocuous thread at first, but...
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 11:42 AM   #28
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
I just took that as there was a 3rd party involved in getting it set-up through the publication. Jeff isn't as accessible as he was years ago with the Flecktones, but he still answers emails and phone calls from acquaintances throughout the years which says a lot about who he is as a person. He's a super kind and accommodating guy, just as he was with the Flecktones (as the rest of the Flecktones still are after all these years).
*for* Relix Magazine. This is his personal blog. Either he’s lying and saying that he’s associated with Relix or he really is associated with Relix and has a major conflict of interest
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 11:43 AM   #29
cgator41
Johnny Mac

First thing that came to my mind....

cgator41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 12:27 PM   #30
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

I actually studied persuasive language for a little while a few years ago, very fascinating stuff. It’s one of those things that’s not inherently good or bad, just depends how it’s used.

This guy’s writing is stacked with persuasive tricks. I could really break it down, but it’d take hours to write. These types of people are incredibly dangerous. He’s done all this just through typing, imagine how much he is able to manipulate in person.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:48 PM   #31
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
Seemed like such an innocuous thread at first, but...
yeah, shit escalated since I first checked in here

but if he fucked over my boy Brandon (and others),

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor2531 View Post
Lost two grandparents to Alzheimer's. Still hate people who fuck me over.
Exactly. Lame to try and lump that in. They are separate things. Like Tamby said, all kinds of bullshit.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:14 PM   #32
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Just checked and this guy contributed to 1 Relix article years ago. Imagine the mileage he gets out saying that he works for Relix in terms of scams. Dude is a jamband predator, I wonder if he actually has a job, probably not
Old 01-25-2018, 01:30 PM   #33
Mitch

Plus, does anyone really care that much about a 2 year old phone interview with Jeff Coffin???
Old 01-25-2018, 01:31 PM   #34
NiCK Crush

Old 01-25-2018, 01:56 PM   #35
patsfan39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Plus, does anyone really care that much about a 2 year old phone interview with Jeff Coffin???
My thoughts exactly. At first i thought there would be some bomb in there, nope just a normal interview with stuff we have heard a million times. Probably Relix didnt give a shit because the interview was bland as hell.

Now hearing hes a dick is pretty exciting too. However, i will say a couple CDs and stamps really isnt that much money but i love people getting upset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Hey! This has already been addressed here by others. No dancing! You will sit quietly in your seat throughout the performance!
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 02:08 PM   #36
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan39 View Post
Now hearing hes a dick is pretty exciting too. However, i will say a couple CDs and stamps really isnt that much money but i love people getting upset.
oh no doubt, I love a good pile on
Old 01-25-2018, 02:14 PM   #37
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Truly one of the better threads we’ve seen in ages
roshea999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 02:50 PM   #38
Huff
The Original Tracklist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
I love Jeff Coffin, it's awful that you lost your mother....but the North remembers.

This made me laugh pretty hard.

I am sorry for the original poster's loss, as I've also lost a family member to the disease. But the added tag in bold was pretty hilarious.

Operation Halloween 2008 = SUCCESS
Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 04:01 PM   #39
Fan#41

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan39 View Post
i will say a couple CDs and stamps really isnt that much money but i love people getting upset.
CD's, stamps, tapes, vhs', also he was selling "bootlegs" to new traders back then as well. I came across a few traders back in the day who had a ripped copy of a "Live & Dreaming" (1/26/95) bootleg. So basically he was just selling a random show that you'd trade, it wasn't even an actual "bootleg" you'd buy in a store back then. I'm sure he did more than all that as well. But imagine all that stuff and then multiply it by...shit dozens and dozens of people over the course of like 6 or 7 years. Then you add on top of that he was a nasty jerk beyond the theft. So yeah of course you can say "hey man, it's only like 15 - 20 bucks a bunch of years ago", and you're 100% right but a) theft is theft, b) he not only took your money but then continued to be an asshole verbally and through his actions, c) he did this to many traders and the only reason it may not seem like a big deal to you is because pretty much all those people he screwed over don't post anymore so it only seems like one guy is talking about. But trust me, those of us who were around then know his reputation and/or have been screwed by him on numerous occasions. The trading community back then was a great thing to be a part of so when you had bad apples like Urban ruining things it's always something you remember so it's not like there are any overreactions here.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:01 PM   #40
dmb2much40

I'm on Brandon's side here. The days of spreading shows through trees and snail mail was what the fan base was built on. Not many people knew each other personally, so there was a lot of trust involved all around. So when idiots like this came along it left a sour taste.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc