Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2018, 03:38 PM   #1
BrokenThings
FestivalFootprints.com

New Interview with Jeff Coffin (2016)

Hey Guys!

Been sitting on this for awhile.

Had the chance to interview Jeff Coffin in the summer of 2016 right before his hometown shows in Gilford, NH.

We talked about a lot of things ranging from the band, his personal passions and a topic that is very personal to us both, Alzheimer's.

It cut it down A LOT, but I am open to thoughts, and criticism. ENJOY!

[Only registered users can see links.]

Thanks!
BrokenThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 04:32 PM   #2
sean52692
You failed this band

Thanks for posting, I enjoyed reading that. Going to have to check out some of Jeff's side projects that were mentioned
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 04:35 PM   #3
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Agreed, Sean. Fun read
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 04:35 PM   #4
NiCK (Crush)

Jeff didn't sound very down.
Old 01-23-2018, 05:05 PM   #5
Fan#41

Homers Beer Run Champion!
mike urban
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:23 PM   #6
BrokenThings
FestivalFootprints.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
mike urban

Can we take the article for what it is?
Please.
I put a lot of time into it.

Having said that,
If I owe you a B+P from over a decade ago, specifically the Dave Barry AUD pull from 7/9/2000 (?), please just PM me.
Old 01-23-2018, 05:44 PM   #7
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenThings View Post
Having said that,
If I owe you a B+P from over a decade ago, specifically the Dave Barry AUD pull from 7/9/2000 (?), please just PM me.
If you could get flacs out for that, that would be awesome. I don’t think they’ve ever been put out?

Another child that's grown old
Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 09:23 AM   #8
Fan#41

Quote:
Can we take the article for what it is?
Please.
I put a lot of time into it.

Having said that,
You're not going to skate around freely because 90% of the people you fucked over don't post on the boards anymore. And not only did you fuck them over, you were a complete asshole to every single one of them who tried to get their money back from you. You were almost as bad as Shambro with the exception that you weren't known for also screwing people over for tickets. And don't try and pass off a post I made of one of my interactions with you as simply a 'whoopsie daisy, i forgot to send it out' moment. I had 2 or 3 interactions with you, each resulting in you ripping me off further each time, with the glossy promise that you'll send everything you owed me.

If you owned it and said, "look i was an asshole and i fucked a lot of people over (tapes, cd's, money, postage, time) and i take responsibility and apologize" then that would at least be somewhat respectable but you still don't take responsibility for what you did. Being young and stupid is one thing, but you were also a total asshole to those that you already fucked over which is what put you in the circle of those guys to remember like Shambro and that DrmngTree girl from Nancies, so yes, I do remember the shit you pulled from "over a decade ago".
Old 01-24-2018, 09:56 AM   #9
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

When I first realized who he was, we pm’d and he did basically say a lot of that. I think he called himself a “shithead” when he was younger. I only had 1 successful physical trade with him (probably for the Barry aud). He did screw me on releasing something he promised he wouldn’t iirc, but that was me being an idiot for trusting someone I didn’t know. So, I don’t have the animosity a lot of people do/did, but I understand why people do.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:52 PM   #10
Fan#41

Well that's a weird way of sort of letting someone off the hook by saying you shouldn't have trusted someone you didn't know, yet...you did just that with every single trade, B+P, etc...with everyone else for many many years, right? I don't blame myself for getting screwed out of money, postage, tapes, cdr's, vhs', etc... because I didn't personally know the guy/girl on the other end of the exchange. If he hadn't been such a complete jerk even after ripping people off (replying back to emails with nasty name-calling, saying "fuck off" on instant messenger and then blocking that person because he didn't feel like getting hounded by someone trying to get their money back)...if he hadn't done those things I think he just would have been another one of those traders back in the day who did these sorts of things, but he took your money and then was nasty about it afterwards. And I'm not going to feel bad for seemingly calling him out in the open instead of whispering in a PM. Fuck him. He dished it out for years and he can take it.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:55 PM   #11
Fan#41

And by the way, these accounts aren't just from me but from dozens of other people. He was called out on the bridge and ufck by MANY people who shared very similar stories.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:59 PM   #12
NiCK (Crush)

wait, what was BrokenThings username back then?
Old 01-24-2018, 01:00 PM   #13
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Oh, I was only saying I blame myself because I knew his reputation. But actually, thinking about it more now, it wasn’t even him. I think it was actually DrewWileyWSP (was he the one who got busted selling countefit jeans?). And I wasn’t suggesting you, or anyone let him off the hook. He may have grown up and want to move past that shit, but he still did it and it will always be a part of who he is. Dude was THE legendary scumbag in the community. He was fucking notorious. He should not be shocked that people still hold grudges against him.

Old 01-24-2018, 01:06 PM   #14
sean52692
You failed this band

Drew Wiley is Your God.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:09 PM   #15
Fan#41

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
wait, what was BrokenThings username back then?
One of them of was BigMikeDMB I think.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:10 PM   #16
BrokenThings
FestivalFootprints.com

Listen if old tapes and Cds mean more then a heartfelt interview with the sax player from a band we all love fine, but come on..

I was in 9th grade when this stuff happend. I am happy to write my wrongs of the past. It was my fault. Bit off more them i could chew. I am sincerely sorry.

Having said that this interview involves the serious subject of Alzheimer's which has stolen my mother from me, so please if you have nothing to say about the interview then move on...
Old 01-24-2018, 01:18 PM   #17
Fan#41

I love Jeff Coffin, it's awful that you lost your mother....but the North remembers.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:19 PM   #18
SeekUpAB

Well, it is over a year old.
SeekUpAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 04:44 AM   #19
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Listen if old tapes and Cds mean more then a heartfelt interview with the sax player from a band we all love fine, but come on..

I was in 9th grade when this stuff happend. I am happy to write my wrongs of the past. It was my fault. Bit off more them i could chew. I am sincerely sorry.

Having said that this interview involves the serious subject of Alzheimer's which has stolen my mother from me, so please if you have nothing to say about the interview then move on...
Um, this guy is a very clever manipulator.

1. Accuses people of overreacting for being ripped off, classic tactic of a narcissist
2. “I was in 9th grade” - implies that he’s changed (he hasn’t).
3. “Bit off more than I could chew” - purposefully vague statement that implies he just got backed up. He willfully ripped people off, no accidents here
4. Uses his mother as a prop to get people to back off
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 05:17 AM   #20
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Also the interview says:
I was able to set up an interview for Relix Magazine with Dave Matthews Band’s saxophonist and 3x Grammy winner Jeff Coffin during Dave Matthews Band long and extensive 2016 Summer Tour”

What does this even mean?
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc