These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2018, 04:46 PM   #61
Mersh
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 50,660
It just seems very “album to follow...no really”
Mersh is offline  
Old 01-16-2018, 04:51 PM   #62
bdh4136
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: CT
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
It just seems very ďalbum to follow...no reallyĒ
exactly. we'll be lucky to see this before the winter, if at all.
bdh4136 is offline  
Old 01-16-2018, 05:14 PM   #63
Habbs
Organic
 
Habbs's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: WI
Posts: 2,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdh4136 View Post
exactly. we'll be lucky to see this before the winter, if at all.
Really? I know expectations are quite low at this point but you think they are going to promote the tour with an album delivery tie-in and then not release it in the same year?

Come on people, if the Warehouse makes this announcement, which includes saying they are putting on the finishing touches to an album which is "set to release this summer", I believe them.
__________________
"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." - John Lennon
"Rituals are important. Nowadays it's hip not to be married. I'm not interested in being hip." - John Lennon
Habbs is offline  
Old 01-16-2018, 05:15 PM   #64
NiCK (Crush)
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 50,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamSession v2.0 View Post
Well there you have it.
__________________
NC
NiCK (Crush) is online now  
Old 01-16-2018, 05:16 PM   #65
NiCK (Crush)
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 50,170
I mean they said "Putting the finishing touches on it". They've never said anything like that before.
__________________
NC
NiCK (Crush) is online now  
Old 01-16-2018, 05:24 PM   #66
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 21,778
What are the odds this is actually really good to great? 5%? Is it even possible? They can still make great music, but can dave write an album full of great lyrics? And this coming from a guy who likes the material from the last two albums. Does anyone have any faith for a very good album?
__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is online now  
Old 01-16-2018, 05:25 PM   #67
cgator41
Johnny Mac
 
cgator41's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbs View Post
Really? I know expectations are quite low at this point but you think they are going to promote the tour with an album delivery tie-in and then not release it in the same year?

Warehouse Email 12/15/06:

"Dave Matthews Band would like to wish everyone a peaceful and safe holiday, and a happy and healthy New Year! We are currently in the studio working on our next studio album which will be available sometime in 2007."

Big Whiskey released on 06/02/09.
cgator41 is offline  
Old 01-16-2018, 05:31 PM   #68
Minarets
so damn interesting.
 
Minarets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashvegas baby!
Posts: 10,637
I think some article said they worked in the fall on an album and wanted to release it first of the year. Dave, like normal, said there was a ton of new stuff and it was up to him to pick the right songs of the lot.
__________________
~Till we dance away~
Minarets is offline  
Old 01-16-2018, 05:33 PM   #69
Minarets
so damn interesting.
 
Minarets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashvegas baby!
Posts: 10,637
Here it is. Not sure where I came across this article.

[Only registered users can see links.]
__________________
~Till we dance away~
Minarets is offline  
Old 01-16-2018, 05:34 PM   #70
NiCK (Crush)
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 50,170
Yea, this thing is definitely coming out barring some absolute catastrophe. Sorry to disappoint those of you who never want another studio album again.
__________________
NC
NiCK (Crush) is online now  
Old 01-16-2018, 05:35 PM   #71
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 18,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgator41 View Post
Warehouse Email 12/15/06:

"Dave Matthews Band would like to wish everyone a peaceful and safe holiday, and a happy and healthy New Year! We are currently in the studio working on our next studio album which will be available sometime in 2007."

Big Whiskey released on 06/02/09.
good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minarets View Post
I think some article said they worked in the fall on an album and wanted to release it first of the year. Dave, like normal, said there was a ton of new stuff and it was up to him to pick the right songs of the lot.
We're in trouble then if Dave is picking the track listing .
MaLaKaS is online now  
Old 01-16-2018, 05:44 PM   #72
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 15,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
What are the odds this is actually really good to great? 5%? Is it even possible? They can still make great music, but can dave write an album full of great lyrics? And this coming from a guy who likes the material from the last two albums. Does anyone have any faith for a very good album?
Iíd peg my expectations for a good album at somewhere around 5%.

On the other subject, I have a hard time believing that DMB is announcing an album tour and tying it into the album without there being a firm release plan in place.
__________________
May you dine on weeds made bitter by the piss of drunkards.
Bluewater34 is offline  
Old 01-16-2018, 05:46 PM   #73
NiCK (Crush)
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 50,170
At the very least I expect a Big Whiskey/AFTW caliber release.
__________________
NC
NiCK (Crush) is online now  
Old 01-16-2018, 05:54 PM   #74
Tomacco
 
Tomacco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 21,929
I would be totally happy with a BW/AFTW release. Both albums got tons of plays from me. I’m excited. Wonder when the first single will be out. My guess would be May 18th.
Tomacco is offline  
Old 01-16-2018, 06:03 PM   #75
Steveo Style
 
Steveo Style's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEyedIdiot View Post
I disagree with you.
Oh God. You better not know something we donít.
Steveo Style is offline  
Old 01-16-2018, 06:04 PM   #76
bdh4136
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: CT
Posts: 491
Just felt odd the way it was announced. I guess they rarely do anything that makes sense or seems well thought out so I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised.

If it is anywhere close to AFTW then I would say we are in good shape. But, I think getting to that point would also mean scrapping a majority of what we’ve heard thus far.
bdh4136 is offline  
Old 01-16-2018, 06:17 PM   #77
JamSession v2.0
A magician named...
 
JamSession v2.0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 15,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
At the very least I expect a Big Whiskey/AFTW caliber release.
That would be a nice start.
__________________
-Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
LET HE WHO HASN'T JERKED OFF ON HIS SLEEPING EMPLOYEE CAST THE FIRST STONE!
JamSession v2.0 is offline  
Old 01-16-2018, 06:19 PM   #78
d.m.bfan222
Nothing beats BTCS
 
d.m.bfan222's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,018
Really hoping some of the 2004 stuff makes it, but have very little hope
d.m.bfan222 is offline  
Old 01-16-2018, 06:41 PM   #79
NiCK (Crush)
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 50,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.m.bfan222 View Post
Really hoping some of the 2004 stuff makes it, but have very little hope
Sugar Will has a sliver of a chance.

__________________
NC
NiCK (Crush) is online now  
Old 01-16-2018, 06:44 PM   #80
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 28,906
I just hope the production is better than Big Whiskey and the songs are better than Away From the World.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is online now  
Closed Thread

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.11917 seconds with 30 queries