These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2016, 10:26 AM   #161
Christopher James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Stafford View Post
If you need me to break it down on a piano and video it for you and show you the notes he didn't sing I'll be happy to. Or you can just think you're right.
Nah, I don't want that.. at all.

And I didn't notice his voice being too terrible during Bartender. I enjoyed the screaming end a lot.
Old 07-03-2016, 10:40 AM   #162
BeaufordBuddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike VDH View Post
Ants was on the original set after Two Step. Thought for sure it was coming too during the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Again, I'm not surprised it was cut given Two Step's recent history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaufordBuddy View Post
I had a strong feeling it would get cut with Two Step being played beforehand. I just think that tune drains Carter now.

Including tonight, of the last 11 times that Two Step has been played in the main set (didn't include acoustic sets from last year because it's played with less intensity) it has closed the show 9 times, only being followed twice by Halloween. And every single time it's been played in the main set Carter has off the next day.

I think this plays an important significance.
BeaufordBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 10:58 AM   #163
Matthew Stafford
TDCya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher James View Post
Nah, I don't want that.. at all.

And I didn't notice his voice being too terrible during Bartender. I enjoyed the screaming end a lot.
Didn't say he sounded terrible. At all. I said there were notes he absolutely did not even try to sing. He was struggling to bust out the G, but totally didn't even try the A. I'm just hoping he's sick his voice isn't getting run down permanently. He doesn't scream the A on don't drink the water anymore either.
Matthew Stafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 11:03 AM   #164
Christopher James

Quote:
Didn't say he sounded terrible. At all. I said there were notes he absolutely did not even try to sing. He was struggling to bust out the G, but totally didn't even try the A. I'm just hoping he's sick his voice isn't getting run down permanently. He doesn't scream the A on don't drink the water anymore either.
Ok fair enough.
Old 07-03-2016, 11:18 AM   #165
Caveat Emperor
The Flyin' Lions

Disc Golf Champion! Flash Poker Champion! Super Mario Flash HV Champion! Whammy Champion!
Was there for the weekend. Had a great time. These were by no means the kinds of sets I expect for Alpine, but they were remarkably free of dud songs and had great flow in show.

Walked out last night and realized that I have no idea when or if I'll be back. I've made a ton of great memories and met some good friends as a result of Alpine trips. If this is the last one, I'm OK with how it went out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
What's this about 'extended delay?' Hardened boarders know TDC was only down for two days: the day it went down, and the day it went back up.
Caveat Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 11:42 AM   #166
SeekUpAB

Set looks pretty good. Nothing special about it, but good enough. Drop Oh and just play Ants. Glad they played Two Step just so they chants won't be revived.
SeekUpAB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 01:55 PM   #167
shadowraven

Quote:
yeah I noticed it last night. But it was OK.

Shows seen - http://www.DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1485

I saw the last Angel.
shadowraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 02:43 PM   #168
willndmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekUpAB View Post
so they chants won't be revived.
Hahahaaaaaaa yeah ok
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 05:18 PM   #169
greppson
Hmm...

bass is so damn loud this year, mainly carter's kick. good golly.

greppson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 05:22 PM   #170
Aparker507

They are loving the new recording custom kick
Aparker507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 12:32 AM   #171
trippinbillyrmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher James View Post
Aerofan's Bartender:

Edit: Just watched Bartender.. really, really strong from Dave -- especially the breakdown. But wow.. Carter looks extremely fatigued during the end. Struggling.
Re: carter being tired... is it just me or does he over play this whole song throughout? I hope it doesn't go on the shelf because he cant keep up to himself. It almost seems like he is trying to push the pace of the song for some reason (which is my biggest beef with Bartender v3.0). Go listen to a Bartender from 02. The difference is incredible.
Old 07-04-2016, 01:44 AM   #172
Tomacco

I have a hard time with Grace is Gone without any horns. This was one of my top Roi songs, and to not even have Rashawn on it, let alone Coffin, really blows.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 02:05 AM   #173
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
I have a hard time with Grace is Gone without any horns. This was one of my top Roi songs, and to not even have Rashawn on it, let alone Coffin, really blows.
Agreed. Sax solo is totally crucial.
Old 07-04-2016, 02:08 AM   #174
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinbillyrmc View Post
Re: carter being tired... is it just me or does he over play this whole song throughout? I hope it doesn't go on the shelf because he cant keep up to himself. It almost seems like he is trying to push the pace of the song for some reason (which is my biggest beef with Bartender v3.0). Go listen to a Bartender from 02. The difference is incredible.
That's Carter now. He's not the same drummer. His overall drum kit sound, sounds awful. His playing is no longer tasteful, it's just "bang the fuck out of everything". They have him cranked really loud too at the shows this year, and it's just annoying honestly. I don't know if it's the way he's playing or the sound/setup of his drums, but he just does whatever the hell he wants back there even if it doesn't go with the song. Hate to be saying that about one of my favorite musicians of all time, but it's true. He used to be such an integral and awesome member of the band but now I just wait for the moments when he actually quiets down, which is hardly ever.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:08 AM   #175
Christopher James

Two Step by BillysTv / AeroFan

Some thoughts..

Not sure why, but Stefan looks completely miserable. Carter's solo, to me, is good.. but right after he looks at Dave like "holy shit.."
Old 07-04-2016, 11:01 AM   #176
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
I got the impression all weekend Stefan wasn't very happy. He looked bored most of the weekend. Even when Boyd got up in his face for a solo he just ignored him and looked at carter. Weird
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:14 AM   #177
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

#wildbehindthescenesspeculation!

Nah, I got nothin. These guys would actually have to SEE each other outside of showtime to develop beefs. Well, maybe not, maybe Fonz is still sour on these setlists.
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:26 AM   #178
SomeDevil17

Carter looked fine to me in that video, seemed to be enjoying himself. I think if he was really struggling they would end it at 14 minutes in that video and not go into that power outro that they do.
SomeDevil17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 12:55 PM   #179
typsitch
setlist communist by necessity

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
I got the impression all weekend Stefan wasn't very happy. He looked bored most of the weekend. Even when Boyd got up in his face for a solo he just ignored him and looked at carter. Weird
because he's a dejected hardcore fan like the rest of us and is tired of the stale sets.
typsitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 02:26 PM   #180
dmb1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by tearsitch View Post
because he's a dejected hardcore fan like the rest of us and is tired of the stale sets.
I would bet my life on this. He's likely as over it as we are at this point. He tried to get songs we all liked played and it appears Dave pretty much ignored the guy.
dmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc