These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2018, 08:54 AM   #261
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Would anyone like more time for this round or should we continue with the next choice?
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:28 AM   #262
ThememanXX
Ichiro is the New Giancarlo

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

I’m listening to 8/11/98 now. Will likely hit 8/13 this evening. I’ll report back but feel free to continue to the next show!
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:20 AM   #263
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
I’m listening to 8/11/98 now. Will likely hit 8/13 this evening. I’ll report back but feel free to continue to the next show!
We'll wait for you. No worries. Just let us know when you are ready
Old 02-07-2018, 07:23 PM   #264
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Hi Jason. How is everything coming along with your listening? I think we could really use a next choice right about now
Old 02-07-2018, 07:50 PM   #265
ThememanXX

Ahhhh, we can certainly move on. I listened a few days ago, forgot to recap, will post in the morning!
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 02-07-2018, 08:13 PM   #266
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Ahhhh, we can certainly move on. I listened a few days ago, forgot to recap, will post in the morning!
Sweet thanks . Looking forward to reading your review. Sean, I believe you are next to choose, right?
Old 02-08-2018, 08:42 AM   #267
ThememanXX

I’ve been listening to all of 1998 lately, in order, and this was a fun show to get to with the cricket situation. Warehouse and Say Goodbye were incredible in August, 1998. The BTCS tunes were fairly standard (save for Spoon, here.). Hearing them play Spoon then bring up the tempo with Stay was funny, talk about a bipolar show. LIOG was also really great and I’ll always love the effect on Boyd’s violin plucking in Watchtower back in ‘98. Also, Dave seemed to have issues with R&R all summer. Lyrics constantly being fumbled.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 02-08-2018, 04:09 PM   #268
sean52692
Ten steps ahead of you

Let's do 6/15/93 next!

[Only registered users can see links.]
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:26 PM   #269
ThememanXX

I’ll give it a listen tomorrow and report back!
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 02-13-2018, 11:32 AM   #270
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
Let's do 6/15/93 next!

I'm going to download this show now and listen. My apologies for the delay.

Edit: I'm listening to the show now.

Last edited by MaLaKaS; 02-13-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:39 AM   #271
Fan#41

Homers Beer Run Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
Let's do 6/15/93 next!

What made you pick this one?
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:35 PM   #272
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Dave Matthews Band
Trax
Charlottesville, VA

Set 1:

Minarets - Extended guitar intro; no vocal intros; who is doing the radar sounds? Nice Roi solo at the end of the song. This is Minarets bare boned, without all the frills came was introduced later on.
The Song That Jane Likes – Pretty funny introduction to the song. “My sister Jane is in Colorado, but Liz has a little sister named Jane and this is the song that Liz’s sister Jane likes….hahahaha”. Standard performance, but always a great choice.
Satellite – The introduction to this song is different from its usual performance. Dave played a unique guitar intro, sang the “Look up, look down, all around, satellite” chorus vocals, and then Boyd joined in with his regular introduction lines, putting the song on its normal course. Pretty cool and different.
Dancing Nancies – The intro to the song was slowed down and had heavy reverb on it. The actual song performance was a little bit slower than what I’m used to hearing in the early-to-mid 90’s, but the musicianship was still excellent. Great solo by Boyd on this one. This is the Boyd that I really miss.
Lie In Our Graves - Ahhh the old Leroi solos in LIOG. These were always great to listen to, even though I do like Boyd soloing on the song as well. Roi was on fire on this performance though! Always great to hear “Till we dance away” at the end there as well 😊
Improv/Jam (Prelude) - Dave/Carter played a really nice guitar intro before Recently began. It was very soothing and beautiful.
Recently - Wow, a different jam in the middle of the song. Instead of going into the fast hoedown jam, the band played a slowed down jam that sounded pretty cool. The band then proceeded to play the fast hoedown jam. Was this common during June ‘93?
Improv/Jam - Nice improv work by Roi on this one. Very smooth playing. DMB 3.0 is desperately missing this in their shows.
Jimi Thing - Awesome performance! Boyd jammed the hell out of this song during his parts with ferocity. Another smooooth fucking solo by Roi here. He is baller throughout this entire show so far. Afterwards, Dave plays a nice guitar solo. I miss these things. Then Carter finished off the song with a kick ass drum solo. Such a jazzy performance! Some weird editing at the end of this track though.
Ants Marching - The band played this one very slowly. Probably the slowest I’ve ever heard this song being performed before. Pretty standard version.

Set 2:

Typical Situation - Extended intro in the beginning of the song. Very subdued sounding, but I guess that’s how early-mid 1993 was. Nice lines and fills by Roi on this one.
What Would You Say - Again, slowed down performance from we are used to. Pretty cool back-and-forth soloing by both Boyd and Roi. This performance was so jammed out! The song went from really slow to really intense during the breakdown.
One Sweet World - I say this every time this song is included in a choice. I absolutely miss the intro in this song and the power chord start. Those two things made the song so much more beautiful. Old school OSWs were the best. It could be a show opener, mid-set, or in the encore. It didn’t matter. It was always great.
True Reflections - Boyd had a nice energetic solo during the middle of this one. I enjoyed this performance. I know this song gets major heat at times, but I still enjoy it, despite the somewhat corny lyrics. Roi had some great fills on this one too.
Tripping Billies - This one contained the “Nature Intro”. I’ll always take this intro on any performance of Billies. Very energetic performance.

Encore:

Seek Up - Improv lyrics on this one! “I am fucking scared, just like you are fucking scared.” There is definitely some dark lyrics on this one. Absolutely beautiful soloing by both Boyd and Roi on this one. It was haunting and kind of reminded me of the old Blue Water solos. Damn, I really miss this Boyd, especially now that he is on break. I also miss Roi terribly as well. Awesome version of this song!
Granny - Audio level issues on this one that made me jump . Standard Granny, but unique as a closer. It was an energetic way to cap off the night.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:08 PM   #273
sean52692
Ten steps ahead of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
What made you pick this one?
This was one of my top rated shows on my list of DMB shows I've heard but also one that I've listened to very few times. Figured it would be a great one to revisit.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc