These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2017, 02:25 PM   #241
ggies
Sugar Will '04
 
ggies's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 7,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbphan41 View Post
so are there extra charges if you buy it digitally?
Nope, bought this morning and the d/l went fine. The sound is gorgeous on this recording. This will be my #2 D&T show to go to after Luther.
ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:37 PM   #242
NiCK Crush
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 46,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbphan41 View Post
so are there extra charges if you buy it digitally?
how do you mean?
__________________
NC
NiCK Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:47 PM   #243
torres
 
torres's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggies View Post
Nope, bought this morning and the d/l went fine. The sound is gorgeous on this recording. This will be my #2 D&T show to go to after Luther.
Even on a first listen I'll agree that Luther still is #1.
torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:17 PM   #244
NiCK Crush
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 46,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
Said fuck it and decided to buy it digitally since my copy isn't arriving apparently until Wednesday (insane). Anyway, I download the fucking thing, opt for the zip file, and it's missing 6 tracks. And now it won't let me access the download anymore.

What the fuck.
They resolved this for me after 30 mins on the phone. They were very nice, but didn't seem to know what to do about it for 29 minutes.
__________________
NC
NiCK Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:31 PM   #245
dmbphan41
As heavy as stone...
 
dmbphan41's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sikeston, MO
Posts: 863
Just bought the flac's. On last stop now. Fucking amazing
__________________
9.19.00|7.9.02|8.26.02|6.17.04|7.20.05|9.21.07|8.15.08
4.25.09|6.16.10|7.15.15
dmbphan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 06:29 PM   #246
blumathu
 
blumathu's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 461
First time I've seen the zip file option, that was so much better than the download manager BS. Also, and I know I'm nitpicking here... why did they tag the artist as Dave Matthews Band. I mean, come on.
blumathu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 06:41 PM   #247
dmb2much40
 
dmb2much40's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 4,680
This is fantastic.
__________________
-Monica
dmb2much40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:38 PM   #248
willndmb
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 4,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by blumathu View Post
First time I've seen the zip file option, that was so much better than the download manager BS. Also, and I know I'm nitpicking here... why did they tag the artist as Dave Matthews Band. I mean, come on.
Same reason they are pumping [Only registered users can see links.] which redirects of course to band.com
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 12:22 AM   #249
torres
 
torres's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,167
The Help Myself flub
torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 09:28 AM   #250
bsan83
4, 3, 2, 1....
 
bsan83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 26,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post
What about DMBLive 3/3/99?
True, I'd forgotten about that one.
__________________
-Bill
aim: bsan83

Standing back, don't you think that common ground is greater than all of this between you there and myself....
bsan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 11:37 AM   #251
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 20,830
The improv bits in halloween I've always enjoyed. Something like that would be impossible today. Just scat screaming.

Also, Last Stop should definitely return this tour. It won't, but it should. "Oh land of liberty, of thee I song."
__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 01:14 PM   #252
sean52692
Ten steps ahead of you
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wheaton, IL
Posts: 16,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
The improv bits in halloween I've always enjoyed. Something like that would be impossible today. Just scat screaming.

Also, Last Stop should definitely return this tour. It won't, but it should. "Oh land of liberty, of thee I song."
Those lyrics in this Halloween are incredible, totally my favorite D&T version.

And I think SPAC has a slight chance of Last Stop.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 04:00 PM   #253
torres
 
torres's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
The improv bits in halloween I've always enjoyed. Something like that would be impossible today. Just scat screaming.

Also, Last Stop should definitely return this tour. It won't, but it should. "Oh land of liberty, of thee I song."
Love the "then your hair changes to fire" bit
torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 08:58 PM   #254
Klooner
 
Klooner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,113
Had never heard this show, for whatever reason. ... It's a better show, with a better setlist, than Luther.

But Luther has the better mix, by far. Dave's guitar isn't as crisp or prominent as it should be here (and I wish the guitars were in mono), but still, this is a A release.

After first listen, the standouts are: The Last Stop (this is basically nailed), The Stone, Graves, Wild Horses, Halloween, If I Had a Boat and Lover. Tim's medley of solo tunes is pretty dope, too. I'll Back You Up leaned up against Halloween is a great touch.
Klooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 10:23 PM   #255
bsan83
4, 3, 2, 1....
 
bsan83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 26,133
I'd add Jimi > WWBOM to that list as well. WWBOM is gorgeous.
__________________
-Bill
aim: bsan83

Standing back, don't you think that common ground is greater than all of this between you there and myself....
bsan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 01:54 AM   #256
greykitkat36
 
greykitkat36's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 8,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by torres View Post
Even on a first listen I'll agree that Luther still is #1.
Yeah, I still think it's a bit rediculous that people seriously thought that it could be better than Luther. I may have even said it myself in this thread earlier back from sheer excitement. But really, I don't think I REALLy thought it would be beat. I just think the classic-ness, nostalgia and the fact that Luther was the very first D+T release, that I don't think any show will ever "beat it", at least in terms of it's place in DMB history. Hard to compare a '99 show to a '96 too, a much bigger catalog they had to choose from in '99 , and I'd even say that it's kind of a different era altogether. DMB was on top of the world in '99. Most of the highlights from this show (stone, last stop, etc) didn't even exist back then, and even songs like Halloween had been reworked by this time.
__________________
S'cuse me. (spits out Ricola) Its just so I know where it is, so I can get it after. Can't waste it, Ricola's delicious."-- DJM
greykitkat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 04:27 AM   #257
torres
 
torres's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Yeah, I still think it's a bit rediculous that people seriously thought that it could be better than Luther. I may have even said it myself in this thread earlier back from sheer excitement. But really, I don't think I REALLy thought it would be beat. I just think the classic-ness, nostalgia and the fact that Luther was the very first D+T release, that I don't think any show will ever "beat it", at least in terms of it's place in DMB history. Hard to compare a '99 show to a '96 too, a much bigger catalog they had to choose from in '99 , and I'd even say that it's kind of a different era altogether. DMB was on top of the world in '99. Most of the highlights from this show (stone, last stop, etc) didn't even exist back then, and even songs like Halloween had been reworked by this time.
I think this does it for me. I was introduced to this band with Listener Supported in early 00. Studio albums, Red Rocks, then Luther. It was at Luther that I hit my complete and almost unhealthy obsession. It's still the only album I've ever had to replace simply from playing it too much.
torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 04:52 AM   #258
NiCK Crush
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 46,692
I feel like a lot of non-obsessed DMB fans also had Luther. I remember everyone having that thing.
__________________
NC
NiCK Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 08:31 AM   #259
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 20,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
I feel like a lot of non-obsessed DMB fans also had Luther. I remember everyone having that thing.
Yup. As grey said, dm was 'the king of rock and roll' in 1999. Plus, that was only their second live album. Now, they're almost at 100 live releases. Still, while I don't think the sound quality of LT41 is as good as L@LC, I'd put this on over Luther 95 times out of 100.
__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 08:44 PM   #260
timh.
tasty.
 
timh.'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsan83 View Post

Is Bartender in a different time than the finished versions? Or is just the guitar part/pacing different? That's where I left off on the drive to work today.
Same time signature and broad measure counts, but in these early versions dave played straight down and up 8th notes through the entirety of the song...
__________________
my grammar always sucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsy422
i timh.
and you can sig me on that.
timh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.11696 seconds with 29 queries