These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2014, 12:13 PM   #161
mjf

I'm honestly shocked though Dave hasn't atleast teased the vocals to Breathe during DS (even out of key)
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:08 PM   #162
blumathu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf View Post
I'm honestly shocked though Dave hasn't atleast teased the vocals to Breathe during DS (even out of key)
This would be great, he could just sing the words in the DS key.
blumathu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:12 PM   #163
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Seriously. He's teased even more obscure things before. Maybe he doesn't want to draw the comparison. That's probably far more likely.
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:41 AM   #164
gweeps

gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:15 AM   #165
gweeps

The Endless River details: [Only registered users can see links.]
Old 09-22-2014, 10:42 AM   #166
Bluewater34
Is Old

I can't decide if I'm excited about this one or not. I'm not a fan of The Division Bell, so this having roots there isn't reassuring. I guess I'll wait and see what it sounds like.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:55 PM   #167
blumathu

I'm all about some more instrumental Floyd stuff. I hope they make the hi-res available via download instead of just on the Blu-ray.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:30 PM   #168
gweeps

It has leaked.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:15 PM   #169
Bluewater34
Is Old

Thoughts?
Old 11-06-2014, 06:45 PM   #170
mjf

Thanks gweeps!!!

I'm officially gonna hold out though. This is the very first, and very last time I can take the subway to the record store and get a brand new record from my all-time hands down favorite band. I can't believe tomorrow I'm gonna be listening to a new Floyd album

Bluewater, FWIW man the most respected prog magazine ( that absolutely hated the Division Bell) gave one of the best reviews I could ever have dreamed of. I'm looking fwd to hearing what you guys think
Old 11-06-2014, 08:20 PM   #171
Mitch

For how much I got high to Floyd when I was a kid, teenage Mitch would have definitely expected 45 yr old Mitch to be really excited about a new record at this point, but I'm just not. But I'll definitely check it out. Good to hear about the good review.
Mitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:28 PM   #172
mjf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
For how much I got high to Floyd when I was a kid, teenage Mitch would have definitely expected 45 yr old Mitch to be really excited about a new record at this point, but I'm just not. But I'll definitely check it out. Good to hear about the good review.
I hear ya buddy. I really do not like much of anything from the Gilmour era. The one thing I love regardless of the era though is the music, so the fact this is mostly all instrumental has me pumped. Apparently too they got rid of as much of the cheesy ass production that plauged the hell out of the last two records by completelg redoing the drums, etc. looking fwd to hearing what ya think man
Old 11-06-2014, 08:40 PM   #173
Mitch

Always good to hear some Gilmour guitar playing
Mitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:41 PM   #174
Tomacco

Listened to it. I'd say it was mostly more-of-the-same, and not an essential album to own by means. But that's not to say it's bad at all. It's very groovy and several parts almost feel like nods to earlier work and songs. Definitely feels like a b-sides/jams album made up of bits and pieces of leftovers.

Also, the Gilmour line "we bitch and we fight / diss each other on sight" is an abomination.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 05:28 AM   #175
gweeps

I really enjoyed most of this album. The first half reminded me of mid-70's Floyd. So a little moody and nostalgic. Most "songs" are under 3 minutes so the whole thing feels more like a soundtrack. Some of the contributions, like Hawking, were underwhelming. The only song that has vocals from Gilmour is weak. Overall though, I'd say this the first good PF album since Momentary. Maybe not saying much, but... and Rick Wright of course is excellent. Guy had chops. A shame Waters wasn't involved.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:37 AM   #176
RageATL
The Dude abides

Pink Floyd (opening act: mjf's hard drive crashes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
Listened to it. I'd say it was mostly more-of-the-same, and not an essential album to own by means. But that's not to say it's bad at all. It's very groovy and several parts almost feel like nods to earlier work and songs. Definitely feels like a b-sides/jams album made up of bits and pieces of leftovers.

Also, the Gilmour line "we bitch and we fight / diss each other on sight" is an abomination.
Yeah, cuz dummy keeps letting his wife, Polly Sampson, write garbage lyrics. Some of the lines on The Division Bell were laughable in that I truly feel that I could have written better.

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576

Last edited by RageATL; 11-16-2014 at 06:00 PM.
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 02:26 PM   #177
blumathu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf View Post
This is the very first, and very last time I can take the subway to the record store and get a brand new record from my all-time hands down favorite band. I can't believe tomorrow I'm gonna be listening to a new Floyd album
In the same boat. First and last time I'll head to the record store to grab a new album from Floyd on vinyl. Looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
Yeah, definitely cringe material there. Glad the album is mostly instrumental.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:16 PM   #178
mjf

Today was the first day I actually could take off the entire day, but I saw that what.cd was having a freeleach so spent the whole fuckin day on that I think I'm gonna head to the record store tomorrow in Philly and finally grab my copy
Old 11-10-2014, 05:31 PM   #179
blumathu

Listened to this today. Man I'm a sucker for Gilmour's guitar work, I just loved this... especially sides 1 and 2.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:02 PM   #180
RageATL
The Dude abides

Found a few old PF records in my basement today. My ex-fiance'a dad gave them tobme years ago. A Harvest pressing of DSOTM as well as WYWH and Animals. They've definitely been loved, but they're still cool to have.

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc