These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2014, 01:28 PM   #81
mjf

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
Actor Bob Hoskins died yesterday. Among many other good films, he was also in The Wall.
Dude I never noticed that was him in the wall! That's too bad
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:43 PM   #82
Mitch

I saw Floyd live once, in fall '87 Tampa Stadium. I was out of my mind high, but I do remember a SOYCD opener, and I think Comfortably Numb was the encore.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:51 PM   #83
mjf

[Only registered users can see links.]

no seeders but people on that site do a really novel thing, they actually check to see what torrents need seeders
Old 04-30-2014, 02:21 PM   #84
blumathu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf View Post
Are you on yeeshkhul? One of my holy grail bootlegs finally leaked recently. True alternate recordings from both WYWH and Animals. It's nothing out of this world good, but I think it's essential for guitarists to grab because the solos/layering guitars are some of the key differences. If you don't have it lemme know and I'll gladly point ya in the right direction
You enlightened me to the existance of yeeshkhul a few weeks ago in another thread. I grabbed an awesome Animals tour show and an older show with the version Embryo that I had been searching for forever! At one point I had purchased a bootleg with Embryo and fell in love with it, but have since lost it.
blumathu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:23 PM   #85
mjf

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumathu View Post
You enlightened me to the existance of yeeshkhul a few weeks ago in another thread. I grabbed an awesome Animals tour show and an older show with the version Embryo that I had been searching for forever! At one point I had purchased a bootleg with Embryo and fell in love with it, but have since lost it.
Wow that's bad, we traded like 5 PM's... I'm completely dependent on avatars, hopefully not developing Alzheimer's in my 20's. Glad you found the thread buddy

Can you remember anything else on the bootleg? Approximately how many songs?
Old 04-30-2014, 02:33 PM   #86
blumathu

Quote:

no seeders but people on that site do a really novel thing, they actually check to see what torrents need seeders
Thanks for this!
Old 04-30-2014, 02:35 PM   #87
blumathu

Quote:
Wow that's bad, we traded like 5 PM's... I'm completely dependent on avatars, hopefully not developing Alzheimer's in my 20's. Glad you found the thread buddy

Can you remember anything else on the bootleg? Approximately how many songs?
It was called Eclipse I think. It had a purplish cover and had maybe 12 songs, ended in an amazing version of Echoes. Quality was not the greatest. The old show you pointed me to blows it away.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:54 PM   #88
mjf

Quote:
It was called Eclipse I think. It had a purplish cover and had maybe 12 songs, ended in an amazing version of Echoes. Quality was not the greatest. The old show you pointed me to blows it away.
That BBC show is definitely one of my favorites. They've only released the one BBC (DSOTM)... I'd be thrilled if they released all of them one day. I think the BBC show before the one I sent you had a really nice Atom Heart Mother. Until then though, we obviously have great copies

It's really ashame, as far as we know there isn't a single multi-track (professionally recorded) show from the 1977 tour in their archives. They recorded a few SBD's, but just straight to cassette that would never sound good if released. They did record a multitrack of a 1973 show at Radio City Music Hall though. DSOTM and all the other good stuff from that time. I'm sure we'll get that one released
Old 04-30-2014, 02:56 PM   #89
mjf

Holy crap, is that avatar a lego??? I'm 99% sure I had that one growing up!! that's wild
Old 04-30-2014, 02:59 PM   #90
blumathu

Quote:
Holy crap, is that avatar a lego??? I'm 99% sure I had that one growing up!! that's wild
It is indeed! It's a newer one from 2009 though. Wish I still had one of the 80s ones, they go for a pretty penny now.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:05 PM   #91
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
I saw Floyd live once, in fall '87 Tampa Stadium. I was out of my mind high, but I do remember a SOYCD opener, and I think Comfortably Numb was the encore.
I saw them in Montreal in '94 fargled on 'shrooms, good times indeed!

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:09 PM   #92
blumathu

Quote:
Comfortably Numb is easily one of my favorites of all time. During the Wall concerts, they started off the second half of the show with the stage completely covered by the wall. You were only given glimpses of the band/animations/etc. For the comfortably numb solo, they actually had a platform raised to the top of the wall with gilmour, and shined a huge ass spotlight behind him so his shadow was the size of the venue. I can't possibly imagine what that woulda been like to see with your own eyes (and probably acid )
Did you catch any of Roger's recent Wall concerts? They did all this same stuff (sans Gilmour of course). It was awesome. I don't care if he was lip syncing 90% of the time, the experience was amazing. I just don't understand why there isn't a Blu Ray of it yet. They obviously filmed many of the shows, there are clips all over his facebook and such.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:14 PM   #93
mjf

Quote:
It is indeed! It's a newer one from 2009 though. Wish I still had one of the 80s ones, they go for a pretty penny now.
I found it -

I still have it, but mixed in with thousands of other legos. Thanks man that was a trip down memory lane
Old 04-30-2014, 03:17 PM   #94
blumathu

Quote:
I found it -

I still have it, but mixed in with thousands of other legos. Thanks man that was a trip down memory lane
I will give you $50 for your legos.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:20 PM   #95
mjf

Quote:
Did you catch any of Roger's recent Wall concerts? They did all this same stuff (sans Gilmour of course). It was awesome. I don't care if he was lip syncing 90% of the time, the experience was amazing. I just don't understand why there isn't a Blu Ray of it yet. They obviously filmed many of the shows, there are clips all over his facebook and such.
It's 100% coming from what I've heard. I was at the Wachovia show in 2010, and the Citizens Bank Park show in 2012. For a young fan like me who never got to see them, it was a dream come true.

I'm honestly hoping though that there's a very good reason he hasn't released it yet- About 3 of the original Wall shows were filmed professionally by the band. The first few were awful, completely dark and just filmed totally wrong. The third one was good, but they only filmed a couple songs from it according to Roger.

Turns out, that wasn't true at all. Roger's manager told them to film the whole show, and the manager hung on to the reels. Him and Waters had a falling out, and the manager never told anyone he had the reels until they were discovered after the guy died. We've gotten clips from them, they're the real deal. We might actually get an entire original Wall show someday...

I'll take either though! Sorry for these long ass posts
Old 04-30-2014, 03:24 PM   #96
mjf

Quote:
I will give you $50 for your legos.
It'd cost $500 to ship them I bet! I'm gonna give em to my kid someday probably. The ones I can remember are 2 airports, police station, this huge ass castle, some really big whitish star wars type thing, a black and red robot, and my personal favorite was a NASA type rocket with a huge red launch pad
Old 04-30-2014, 03:31 PM   #97
blumathu

Quote:
It's 100% coming from what I've heard. I was at the Wachovia show in 2010, and the Citizens Bank Park show in 2012. For a young fan like me who never got to see them, it was a dream come true.

I'm honestly hoping though that there's a very good reason he hasn't released it yet- About 3 of the original Wall shows were filmed professionally by the band. The first few were awful, completely dark and just filmed totally wrong. The third one was good, but they only filmed a couple songs from it according to Roger.

Turns out, that wasn't true at all. Roger's manager told them to film the whole show, and the manager hung on to the reels. Him and Waters had a falling out, and the manager never told anyone he had the reels until they were discovered after the guy died. We've gotten clips from them, they're the real deal. We might actually get an entire original Wall show someday...

I'll take either though! Sorry for these long ass posts
I hadn't heard that, how cool! Would love to watch that. I've never seen Gilmour in any setting but luckily caught Roger's DSOTM tour and Wall tour. Also a young fan compared to the age of most PF fans, so I can relate to it being a dream come true.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:27 PM   #98
mjf

Quote:
I hadn't heard that, how cool! Would love to watch that. I've never seen Gilmour in any setting but luckily caught Roger's DSOTM tour and Wall tour. Also a young fan compared to the age of most PF fans, so I can relate to it being a dream come true.
DSOTM shows were incredible too. I think I like DSOTM as an album more than the wall, but the wall was in the top 3 best shows I ever saw.

Hopefully Gilmour will tour if he releases that solo album, I'm in the same damn boat. Just couldn't afford it last time around, and regret not selling off stuff to make it happen
Old 05-07-2014, 03:31 PM   #99
blumathu

So have we heard anything on the Gilmour solo album since the news broke in November that he was recording something?
Old 05-08-2014, 08:18 PM   #100
gweeps

I'd love it if DMB covered more Floyd. Us and Them!
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc