These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2014, 06:52 PM   #181
mjf

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
Found a few old PF records in my basement today. My ex-fiance'a dad gave them tobme years ago. A Harvest pressing of DSOTM as well as WYWH and Animals. They've definitely been loved, but they're still cool to have.
Holy shit that's awesome man, gotta love finding that stuff. DSOTM was the first PF album I bought, and after I fell in love with it my friend in middle school stole his dad's copies of Animals and WYWH from way back in the day and gave em to me. Early American pressings but nothing special. Still, it was pretty fucking cool hearing Dogs for the first time on an old vinyl while staring at the awesome Animals cover... the way it's supposed to be done!

Still haven't had time to give the new album a listen to, I don't know what the fuck I'm waiting for. The diehard Floyd fans on yeeshkhul seem to be absolutely gushing over this record which shocked me and has me excited
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 02:51 PM   #182
RageATL
The Dude abides

"The Endless River" Blu-ray set is currently on sale for $21.99 at Amazon:

[Only registered users can see links.]

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:05 PM   #183
abw123

I listened to Endless River once. Doubt I ever listen again.
abw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:48 PM   #184
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by abw123 View Post
I listened to Endless River once. Doubt I ever listen again.

I haven't even done that, but figured I'd post it in case anyone was interested.

Old 12-12-2014, 03:27 PM   #185
mjf

Quote:
I haven't even done that, but figured I'd post it in case anyone was interested.
I bought it, thanks man I hadn't seen that
Old 07-03-2015, 02:52 PM   #186
mjf

IIRC, Obscured By Clouds gets a lot of (deserved) love from you fellas. They hardly explored that album live, but when they did it was friggin amazing:

Childhood's End:

Obscured by Clouds/When You're In. They opened a decent amount of early 1973 shows with this:

Old 07-03-2015, 10:16 PM   #187
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf View Post
IIRC, Obscured By Clouds gets a lot of (deserved) love from you fellas. They hardly explored that album live, but when they did it was friggin amazing:

Childhood's End:

Obscured by Clouds/When You're In. They opened a decent amount of early 1973 shows with this:

It truly was such a precedent to DSOTM, it's ridiculous.

Old 07-04-2015, 02:11 PM   #188
mjf

Quote:
It truly was such a precedent to DSOTM, it's ridiculous.
Absolutely when I first got into Floyd, I actually had heard Meddle and Atom Heart Mother before Obscured By Clouds. Once I finally got OBC, I just remember isntantly thinking that it was the missing link connecting the earlier stuff with DSOTM. Great album despite just being a quick soundtrack

This is pretty neat too, a French TV show had a short segment on the recording of it. Not nearly as cool as that WYWH documentary, but pretty neat:

I didn't realize it until today, but apparently Gilmour randomly brought back Wots uh the Deal in 2006. PF never played it live

Old 07-12-2015, 04:28 PM   #189
mjf

This is the greatest music news I've gotten in a very long time: [Only registered users can see links.]

I was negotiating a deal with a buddy to sell a 100% original never played '71 Fender Telecaster with twin reverb amp to fund flying to London to see him play. He's my favorite musician of all time, gotta see him once before I (he) die. I hope this pans out fellas
Old 07-12-2015, 06:38 PM   #190
RageATL
The Dude abides

Pink Floyd (opening act: mjf's hard drive crashes)

Quote:
This is the greatest music news I've gotten in a very long time: [Only registered users can see links.]

I was negotiating a deal with a buddy to sell a 100% original never played '71 Fender Telecaster with twin reverb amp to fund flying to London to see him play. He's my favorite musician of all time, gotta see him once before I (he) die. I hope this pans out fellas

I hope it works out for ya!

I was a HUGE Floyd fan in college and got to see them in Montreal in '94 on The Division Bell tour. Smuggled some mushrooms over the Canadian border in a sandwich and ate it in front of some unsuspecting cops right before the show...got a picture of it somewhere with me wearing a shit-eating grin. Anyway, had me a big ol' time at the show.

Old 07-13-2015, 04:32 PM   #191
mjf

Quote:
I hope it works out for ya!

I was a HUGE Floyd fan in college and got to see them in Montreal in '94 on The Division Bell tour. Smuggled some mushrooms over the Canadian border in a sandwich and ate it in front of some unsuspecting cops right before the show...got a picture of it somewhere with me wearing a shit-eating grin. Anyway, had me a big ol' time at the show.
that's classic man, well played haha. Do you have a tape of the show? I'm sure I can find one on yeeshkhul if you want it
Old 07-13-2015, 05:18 PM   #192
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
that's classic man, well played haha. Do you have a tape of the show? I'm sure I can find one on yeeshkhul if you want it
Nah, definitely don't have a copy pf the show. If you feel like looking, that'd be cool...if not, no worries!

EDIT: Interesting, I couldn't remember there being 3 shows total in Montreal, but now that I think about it, it's kinda coming back to me. That being said, I have no clue what date I hit, I'd have to check my ticket stub to confirm (I wanna say the second one):

Nor did I realize that was the last tour they'd ever do, kinda cool I got to see it.

Last edited by RageATL; 07-13-2015 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:15 PM   #193
mjf

They were great shows too, Gilmour never lost his chops performance wise

Gotta signup to grab these. People are usually really good about seeding if you post in the thread. Enjoy man

There's a handful of soundboards from the tour too worth checking out
Old 07-13-2015, 08:10 PM   #194
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
They were great shows too, Gilmour never lost his chops performance wise

Gotta signup to grab these. People are usually really good about seeding if you post in the thread. Enjoy man

There's a handful of soundboards from the tour too worth checking out

Very cool, thanks man! Gotta consult my ticket album to determine the date.

Old 07-16-2015, 12:23 PM   #195
RageATL
The Dude abides

Hey mjf,

I just got an e-mail from Pink Floyd News regarding the new Gilmour release, "Rattle That Lock" as well as some tour dates:

It's been a while in the making, but we can finally announce details of David's new album.
Entitled Rattle That Lock, it will be released via Sony Music on 18th September worldwide.
The first single is the title track, Rattle That Lock, due to debut on radio
in the UK and around the world on Friday 17th July.
It will be available to buy from digital platforms on the same day.

The album will be available for Pre-Order from tomorrow, Friday 17th July, in various formats.
Please see below for format details.
If ordering from iTunes, when you pre-order the album, you can get the full version
of the title track straight away via their 'Instant Grat' programme.

BTW - Can someone explain to me how Gilmour has no problem issuing his stuff on Blu-ray and yet DMB can't do so?! Grr...

Old 07-16-2015, 08:54 PM   #196
blumathu

Man I wonder how hard it will be to get tickets. I haven't tried ticketmaster for big acts in a long time. I'll give it a go for MSG and Chicago tomorrow.
blumathu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:29 AM   #197
blumathu

YES!!! Scored tickets for MSG. I'm so pumped up.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:04 AM   #198
Vincent
Theologian

MSG Sold out.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:45 AM   #199
blumathu

He needs to just stop letting his wife write his lyrics. I thought she did decent on Division Bell and On an Island, but the opening verse on this one is as bad as Louder Than Words.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:50 AM   #200
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumathu View Post

He needs to just stop letting his wife write his lyrics. I thought she did decent on Division Bell and On an Island, but the opening verse on this one is as bad as Louder Than Words.
Polly's bad, but he's worse so it's the lesser of the two evils.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc