These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Official Professional Wrestling Thread

I'm surprised that this was never started. Let's do this!
MaLaKaS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:35 PM   #2
mja271

I watched Wrestlemania despite having not watched in a while. Marked out so fucking hard when Rock won.

I grew up on the Attitude Era. I have countless tapes of PPVs and Raws back at home it's insane. I'll watch them for nostalgia every now and then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:48 AM   #3
TheSniper26

I was never a huge wrestling fan like a lot of my friends growing up, but I certainly liked it better when it was over-the-top characters. I mean yeah, it was silly, but that was the justification for watching it. It was like a live action comic book or something. It was pure, unabashed entertainment. Now it's just regular guys with regular names pretending to fight. If I'm going to watch regular guys fight, why not just watch UFC and watch them actually fight?
TheSniper26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:01 AM   #4
FiddySpence
TDCya

that's kind of how i feel about current wrestling, but with people like The Rock getting back into it a bit it's certainly sparking my interest.

i've definitely gotten into UFC the last year or two though just for how great and raw the fighting is.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:20 AM   #5
TheSniper26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
that's kind of how i feel about current wrestling, but with people like The Rock getting back into it a bit it's certainly sparking my interest.

i've definitely gotten into UFC the last year or two though just for how great and raw the fighting is.
Yeah, I admit, The Rock coming back(and winning to my surprise) was pretty great. Hopefully it wasn't just a one-off thing for Wrestlemania.

As for UFC, I've been following it the last couple of years too. I always liked it on some level, but the Rampage/Rashad Evans rivalry really made me start watching with regularity. The fight ended up being a bit of a let down though. I guess that's the one thing wrestling will always have on MMA. They control the outcomes and can ensure at least some kind of entertainment value.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:23 AM   #6
FiddySpence
TDCya

have you been watching the Ultimate Fighter this season?
Old 04-26-2012, 01:25 AM   #7
ethaxton

TUF has kinda sucked live IMO. I dunno, just haven't liked it.

Jon Bones Jones is a certified badass.
ethaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:27 AM   #8
TheSniper26

I'm enjoying it. Not sure I see the point to having the live fight at the end, but it's harmless I guess. I don't see anyone beating the younger kid with the terrible acne(his name escapes me). Of course, I also thought Tickle would destroy the guy he was fighting so obviously I don't know what I'm talking about.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:29 AM   #9
FiddySpence
TDCya

this is my first season watching, but seeing Tickle choke and tap out was a personal highlight. hate that dude. really rooting for Chiesa. generally rooting for Faber's team overall, Cruz seems like a jackass.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:30 AM   #10
FiddySpence
TDCya

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSniper26 View Post
I'm enjoying it. Not sure I see the point to having the live fight at the end, but it's harmless I guess. I don't see anyone beating the younger kid with the terrible acne(his name escapes me). Of course, I also thought Tickle would destroy the guy he was fighting so obviously I don't know what I'm talking about.
guy with the acne is Justin Lawrence. i'm sure they test, but his acne is so centered on his shoulders and back that there's not a chance in hell he's not juicing.

no offense but there was no way Tickle wasn't bitching out. dude was all bark and no bite. always goofing off and fucking off training.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:30 AM   #11
ethaxton

We should just rename this the UFC thread really
Old 04-26-2012, 01:32 AM   #13
FiddySpence
TDCya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethaxton View Post
We should just rename this the UFC thread really
yeah sorry malaks. if we could rename the thread to include UFC and Wrestling i think that would be ideal. i don't think there's enough interest for two separate threads.

Quote:
I think Cruz comes across as more well spoken and probably a better coach, but also an insufferable asshole with a big ego.
i agree with this. Faber definitely comes across as kind of a dim bulb, especially when he's coaching. but Cruz is just a fucking prick.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:33 AM   #14
TheSniper26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
guy with the acne is Justin Lawrence. i'm sure they test, but his acne is so centered on his shoulders and back that there's not a chance in hell he's not juicing.

no offense but there was no way Tickle wasn't bitching out. dude was all bark and no bite. always goofing off and fucking off training.
I just thought his punching power was so superior that, sooner or later, he'd land one on the button. But yeah, I was actually happy to be wrong.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:34 AM   #15
FiddySpence
TDCya

Quote:
I just thought his punching power was so superior that, sooner or later, he'd land one on the button. But yeah, I was actually happy to be wrong.
Tickle was winning the stand up portion for sure. he just made a big mistake in turning his back for the take down.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:35 AM   #16
TheSniper26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethaxton View Post
TUF has kinda sucked live IMO. I dunno, just haven't liked it.

Jon Bones Jones is a certified badass.
I was actually pulling for Rashad in that last fight. If nothing else, just so someone could destroy the "Jon Jones is unbeatable" myth. I'm not a fan of a guy that's like 6'4" fighting at 205. I know there's no rule against it and good for him for cutting the weight, but it just seems silly that he's fighting guys while having a 10" reach on them.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:35 AM   #17
FiddySpence
TDCya

seriously though, love this dude

seems smart, nice, a good fighter, etc. just an all around good guy who i'm looking forward to following.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:38 AM   #19
FiddySpence
TDCya

Old 04-26-2012, 01:38 AM   #20
ethaxton

Jones younger brother should get drafted this weekend, plays D-line for Syracuse. His other older brother plays NFL too, can't really remember where right now. Pretty successful family.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc