Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2012, 07:49 AM   #21
soright05

So is this why the redskins stink?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
soright05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #22
mja271

No. They've actually made good draft choices and free agent signings the last few years, but nobody really wants to acknowledge that they could do something right. They gave up 2 firsts and a second for a guy that they (and many pundits for that matter) think is a legit franchise QB. That's something they've almost never had and is pretty necessary for competing on a consistent basis in this league. You can't overpay for that imo. And if he doesn't pan out, they'll just continue to not be good. What's the alternative? Strike out on Manning which they would, not get RG3, and end up paying a lot to GB's backup or bringing in Kyle Orton. I don't think either one of those is a great option. The Chargers got a ton of picks from the Giants for Eli and some of those became Pro Bowlers. I don't think you'll ever see any Giants fans complain about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:26 AM   #23
soright05

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
No. They've actually made good draft choices and free agent signings the last few years, but nobody really wants to acknowledge that they could do something right. They gave up 2 firsts and a second for a guy that they (and many pundits for that matter) think is a legit franchise QB. That's something they've almost never had and is pretty necessary for competing on a consistent basis in this league. You can't overpay for that imo. And if he doesn't pan out, they'll just continue to not be good. What's the alternative? Strike out on Manning which they would, not get RG3, and end up paying a lot to GB's backup or bringing in Kyle Orton. I don't think either one of those is a great option. The Chargers got a ton of picks from the Giants for Eli and some of those became Pro Bowlers. I don't think you'll ever see any Giants fans complain about that.
its just they gave up too much, but thats just my opinion.
soright05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:31 AM   #24
JWood

Quote:
Originally Posted by soright05 View Post
So is this why the redskins stink?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fucking Redskins
JWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:41 AM   #25
mja271

Quote:
Originally Posted by soright05 View Post
its just they gave up too much, but thats just my opinion.
Yea I hear you. I mean it's definitely a lot. As a Skins fan I'm happy with it. Mainly because we've been so terrible at QB for pretty much ever. If he doesn't pan out I don't think that those 2 first rounders is that bad when you consider the potential reward. If he's a hit, it'll be completely worth it. I like taking the chance. Plus our QB may have ended up being Kyle Orton this year if we didn't do this It helps that they have a ton of cap space this year too, because they're definitely going to add some big pieces to try and build up a better team. I'm like a beaten dog man so any chance to bring us out of the basement has me paying attention
Quote:
Old 03-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #26
Caveat Emperor
The Flyin' Lions

Disc Golf Champion! Flash Poker Champion! Super Mario Flash HV Champion! Whammy Champion!
If RGIII turns into Ryan Leaf, this could go down in NFL history as one of the worst trades ever. I happen to like him, though, so I can't shit on the Redskins too much for it (I think he'll be better than Andrew Luck, personally). It's a quarterback-driven league, and they've been deficient at the position for ages.

They're going to need to overpay to bring some people in for him to throw to. I'd start by looking at Dallas Clark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
What's this about 'extended delay?' Hardened boarders know TDC was only down for two days: the day it went down, and the day it went back up.
Caveat Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #27
mja271

They're definitely going to take a long look at Vincent Jackson and Marques Colston. I doubt they'd bring in Dallas Clark having just franchised Fred Davis and likely bringing back Cooley. Although I would not be against that at all. And yea, if RG3 is a bust it'll go down as an awful trade. If he's great nobody will really blink an eye over the trade. In all reality it'll probably fall somewhere in the middle. But yea, QB driven league. And we have none, so you gotta have one to compete consistently.
Quote:
Old 03-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #28
Caveat Emperor
The Flyin' Lions

Disc Golf Champion! Flash Poker Champion! Super Mario Flash HV Champion! Whammy Champion!
The dumber move, that went completely under the radar b/c of the 'Skins trade, was the Jets extending Sanchez for $40M.

That's a whole lot of scratch to pay for a dude who is essential Trent Dilfer v. 2.0.

Quote:
What's this about 'extended delay?' Hardened boarders know TDC was only down for two days: the day it went down, and the day it went back up.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #29
mja271

Yea I couldn't believe that
Quote:
Old 03-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #30
JWood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
If RGIII turns into Ryan Leaf, this could go down in NFL history as one of the worst trades ever. I happen to like him, though, so I can't shit on the Redskins too much for it (I think he'll be better than Andrew Luck, personally). It's a quarterback-driven league, and they've been deficient at the position for ages.

They're going to need to overpay to bring some people in for him to throw to. I'd start by looking at Dallas Clark.
I know I said I wanted him, but I agree. I'm not convinced he's going to be as great as everyone is hyping him up to be. I do think he's better than Andrew Luck though. Luck might have had some impressive stats last year, but in every game I watched him play, I was not impressed.

I'm holding out hope for Barkley in 2013, USC is going to run the table this season.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #31
mja271

Who do you root for 1Mood? Cowboys right?
Quote:
Old 03-11-2012, 03:43 AM   #32
JWood

Yezzir. I'm not sold on Tony Romo, obviously.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:57 AM   #33
ethaxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
3 first rounds and a second
ethaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #34
mja271

Technically it is but it's really 2 though. Yes they're giving up this years but they're swapping it for a higher pick.
Quote:
Old 03-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #35
NiCK Crush

Today is Selection Sunday and Spring Training Baseball is half way through... get this thread out of here.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:41 AM   #36
mja271

FOOTBALLLLLL!!!!
Quote:
Old 03-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #37
Caveat Emperor
The Flyin' Lions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mood View Post
I know I said I wanted him, but I agree. I'm not convinced he's going to be as great as everyone is hyping him up to be. I do think he's better than Andrew Luck though. Luck might have had some impressive stats last year, but in every game I watched him play, I was not impressed.

I'm holding out hope for Barkley in 2013, USC is going to run the table this season.
There are just way too many people sold on Luck's intangibles for me to think he's going to bomb outright. I can't remember the last time a QB came out of college that had the press he did.

And I agree completely on Barkley -- I'd take him right now over Luck or Griffin and not even give it a second thought.

Quote:
Old 03-11-2012, 01:01 PM   #38
JWood

I just never saw Luck shine in a big game last year, I'm think he'll be a middle of the road QB, but I don't see him leading the pack.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #39
sean52692
Ten steps ahead of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
Today is Selection Sunday and Spring Training Baseball is half way through... get this thread out of here.

though I started the thread
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #40
mja271

Stuff still goes on in football this time of the year. We can multitask
Quote:

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc