These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2017, 01:08 PM   #4821
greykitkat36

The NL West has been really surprising thus far..Def would not have picked the Rockies to get off to this start, and the Giants off to such a bad start. Clearly very early in the season, and standings mean literally nothing yet, but that Rockies record is a nice cushion for them--they could lose 10 games in a row and still be in good shape.

On another note, Blue Jays currently have the worst record in the league, another shocker.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:15 PM   #4822
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Been fun tracking the Rockies here. Was actually out at the game last night to see Harper... who didn't play for washington until a pinch hit chance in the 9th.

Rockies have a fun team. The offense is loaded, the bullpen has been really good and they still have their ace (Gray) and their big free agent singing (Desmond) out injured. Getting both back should be like a mid-season trade.

I suspect the Dodgers will end up taking the west, but the Rockies ought to contend for a wildcard spot. Cubs-Rockies playoff matchup would be sweet for me.

How about Jason Heyward, too. Looks like he's back to his old self - a real game changer for the Cubs.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:20 PM   #4823
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
Been fun tracking the Rockies here. Was actually out at the game last night to see Harper... who didn't play for washington until a pinch hit chance in the 9th.

Rockies have a fun team. The offense is loaded, the bullpen has been really good and they still have their ace (Gray) and their big free agent singing (Desmond) out injured. Getting both back should be like a mid-season trade.

I suspect the Dodgers will end up taking the west, but the Rockies ought to contend for a wildcard spot. Cubs-Rockies playoff matchup would be sweet for me.

How about Jason Heyward, too. Looks like he's back to his old self - a real game changer for the Cubs.
For sure. No one needs to be worried about the Cubs, they have the best shot of anyone to repeat a WS. Glad baseball is back, and I love following it, so hard not to try and make predictions right now even though it's pointless.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:42 PM   #4824
Mitch

There is still 88% of the season left!

I mean, that's what I keep telling myself, as a Mets fan.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 02:49 PM   #4825
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post

rough start but you guys will come around, guys just need to start hitting and you absolutely need to keep cespedes healthy and in that lineup because you're going nowhere without him. You guys desperately need some bullpen help too. Like you said, too early for panic mode. One good month and you're back at the top.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:19 PM   #4826
NiCK Crush

I love seeing the Rockies do well.
Old 04-30-2017, 08:53 PM   #4827
Matthew Stafford

Quote:

How much of the season is left now?
Matthew Stafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:24 AM   #4828
Mitch

Well, now that Syndergaard is out indefinitely with a torn lat muscle, for the Mets: 0.0%.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:34 AM   #4829
Matthew Stafford

Well we barely suck less so I can't talk.
Matthew Stafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 12:44 PM   #4830
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Man, you can never take anything for granted in mlb. Two years ago the mets looked like a burgeoning dynasty neck & neck with the cubs. Then Mitch went and got his jets all over them.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 12:56 PM   #4831
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
It's really risky to build around pitching. Regarding Cubs/Mets... you're just more likely to see long term success/health from the everyday guys (Bryant, Russell, Rizzo) than the hard throwing pitchers. Of course, any day any position player is liable to suffer a potentially career-changing injury. Schwarber had the bad knee injury last year.

Really sucks about Thor. What I don't understand is all the warning signs were there and they still had him start the game the other day.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 01:19 PM   #4832
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
It's really risky to build around pitching. Regarding Cubs/Mets... you're just more likely to see long term success/health from the everyday guys (Bryant, Russell, Rizzo) than the hard throwing pitchers. Of course, any day any position player is liable to suffer a potentially career-changing injury. Schwarber had the bad knee injury last year.

Really sucks about Thor. What I don't understand is all the warning signs were there and they still had him start the game the other day.
Yeah, I think Sean raised that point after the NLCS 2 years ago, but I just labeled it sour grapes at the time , but it's pretty clear now. The Cubs and Red Sox route of building with young position players and then adding veteran starting pitchers definitely seems like the way to go. On the bright side, we'll be adding Amed Rosario and Dominik Smith to the mix with Conforto (and d'Arnoud, I haven't given up on him yet!) in the near future.

Yup, Mets totally mismanaged the situation, as is their M.O.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:26 PM   #4833
ThememanXX
Ichiro is the New Giancarlo

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Marlins still suck, so there's that....
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 03:26 PM   #4834
NiCK Crush

Kluber to the DL (Fuck). Thank God for our bullpen.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:17 AM   #4835
greykitkat36

Quote:
Yeah, I think Sean raised that point after the NLCS 2 years ago, but I just labeled it sour grapes at the time , but it's pretty clear now. The Cubs and Red Sox route of building with young position players and then adding veteran starting pitchers definitely seems like the way to go. On the bright side, we'll be adding Amed Rosario and Dominik Smith to the mix with Conforto (and d'Arnoud, I haven't given up on him yet!) in the near future.

Yup, Mets totally mismanaged the situation, as is their M.O.
Yeah, I mean, the window is definitley running out. A lot of guys won't be on the Mets next year, it's going to be an entirely different team. Most likely Walker, cabrera, bruce, granderson, Duda could all be gone. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Mets try and trade Harvey now too, as it seems his time in NY is passed.

But really it seems that as long as you have 1-2 really solid starters and a decent lineup/fantastic bullpen, you can win it all. And right now The Mets could lose half their rotation and they still have 2-3 top notch guys. DeGrom, Syndergaard are going to be studs for years to come. Matz and Wheeler look good if they can stay on the field.

I wouldn't give up on the season just yet. You're getting cespedes back and now it looks like Familia will even be back before the All Star Break. You guys could trade Harvey and/or Bruce and possibly get another bat to help this lineup.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc