These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2011, 11:16 PM   #141
NiCK Crush

Old 07-17-2011, 09:54 PM   #142
FiddySpence
TDCya

during breaking bad tonight they showed a sneak preview of season 2. basically just a 45 second scene where grimes beats two zombies' heads in with a large rock.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:14 PM   #143
FiddySpence
TDCya

here it is

[Only registered users can see links.]
Old 07-19-2011, 11:53 AM   #144
SonofSuns34
There are no strings on me...

Hell yes, I cant wait for this to come back on. 13 episodes this season is great too.
SonofSuns34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:48 PM   #145
FiddySpence
TDCya

Old 07-22-2011, 02:27 PM   #146
david_elon

david_elon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:52 PM   #147
FiddySpence
TDCya

looks bad ass
Old 07-23-2011, 09:04 AM   #148
DMBTex10101
doing the hippo thing

That trailer was damn good. So ready for this.

Archives in Cowtown
DMBTex10101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:10 AM   #149
NiCK Crush

3 months away.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:18 PM   #150
SonofSuns34

Wow that trailer was awesome, can't wait to see this in october. The tension generated by just the trailer was great!
Old 07-23-2011, 10:42 PM   #151
NiCK Crush

2nd half of that trailer looks unbelievable. The scene with them getting under all the cars... just awesome.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:18 PM   #152
FiddySpence
TDCya

this is no good

EXCLUSIVE: This is a quite a bombshell -- I hear that Frank Darabont, the creator, executive producer and director of AMC's smash hit The Walking Dead, is stepping down as showrunner of the series, which is now in production on its upcoming second season. The news is even more surprising given the fact that Darabont was on hand for Walking Dead's Comic-Con panel just this past Friday alongside fellow executive producers Robert Kirkman, on whose graphic novel the series is based, and Gale Anne Hurd. There is speculation that Darabont might be off the show completely, but I hear talks are still ongoing about him possibly staying on in some capacity. Darabont, who wrote and directed the pilot for AMC's zombie saga, hails from the feature world, and I hear he never quite adjusted to the daily grind of producing a TV series. Last December, he considered forgoing a writing staff for Season 2 and assigning scripts to freelancers but ultimately went for the traditional writing staff model recommended by the network and tapped Glen Mazzara as an executive producer and his No. 2. It is unclear if The Shield alum Mazzara, who has showrunning experience, would now step in to run Walking Dead. I hear that the behind-the-scenes turmoil has not affected production on the show, which continues as scheduled. Season 2 of Walking Dead is slated to premiere Oct. 16. In addition to huge ratings, the series has garnered awards recognition for its freshman season, including a best drama series Golden Globe nomination as well as DGA and WGA noms.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:39 PM   #153
SonofSuns34

Damn that sucks, they still have some awesome source material to work with though
Old 07-27-2011, 04:01 PM   #154
FiddySpence
TDCya

second in comman Glen Mazzara is stepping up. he came from The Shield, so that's something at least

Old 08-11-2011, 12:22 PM   #155
FiddySpence
TDCya

the plot thickens...

When “The Walking Dead” showrunner Frank Darabont abruptly quit in the middle of production for the show’s second season — just days after promoting the zombie series at Comic-Con — fans were puzzled that the man who spent five years getting the beloved comic adapted to TV would just walk away from AMC’s most-watched show. Well, now it makes sense: Darabont didn’t quit; he was fired.

In a sprawling investigation, The Hollywood Reporter reveals that AMC removed Darabont, it seems, because he objected to the network slashing the show’s budget and remained intent on his “feature-film approach to television,” even though sources “with ties to the show insist it was on schedule and on budget.” In addition, the network has discouraged the cast from speaking about Darabont’s exit by “terrorizing” them: “‘They’re scared,’ confirms another insider. ‘They’re on a zombie show. They are all really easy to kill off.’” Although THR’s article is balanced and well-reported, AMC nevertheless comes off as legendarily cheap and short-sighted. Some of the details of the network’s ineptitude are astonishing:

This drama makes it a hat trick: Within a space of months, AMC has become embroiled in messy public fights with the creators of its top three shows – Mad Men, Breaking Bad and now Walking Dead. The battles have been about money, but in this case, at least, it was more of a slow burn than a sudden flare-up. Sources say last fall, even before the first episode of the show had aired, AMC let it be known that it would effectively slash the show’s second-season budget per episode by about $650,000, from $3.4 million to $2.75 million. AMC cut the budget and pocketed a [30 percent] tax credit [from filming in Georgia] previously applied to the show. An AMC source says the size of the cut cited by sources is “grossly inflated” and that the second-season budget represents a more typical and sustainable number for a basic cable show…

AMC had its own ideas about how to make the show more cheaply. The show shoots for eight days per episode, and the network suggested that half should be indoors. “Four days inside and four days out? That’s not Walking Dead,” says this insider. “This is not a show that takes place around the dinner table.” That was just one of what this person describes as “silly notes” from AMC. Couldn’t the audience hear the zombies sometimes and not see them, to save on makeup? The source says Darabont fought “a constant battle to keep the show big in scope and style.”

Despite the show’s success, AMC stuck to its original position on the second-season budget. When those involved with the show protested that the network was taking chances with its biggest hit, AMC’s head of original programming, Joel Stillerman, is said to have declared, “Ratings have no bearing on this conversation.”

On the off chance you think Stillerman is competent at handling other talent, “Mad Men” showrunner Matthew Weiner no longer speaks to him.

I’m not going to sit here on my couch and say that I know how to run a network, because I absolutely do not. AMC has an excellent history of developing high-quality shows, but those shows are expensive and the history is short. I’m sure that the budgetary concerns are very real for what is still a relatively small cable network. That said, hamstringing and then firing the one person who was most responsible for your company’s greatest success? It’s proof that even the smartest Hollywood executives are f*cking stupid.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:50 AM   #156
SonofSuns34

AMC sounds like a bag of dicks... zombie should be heard and not seen? WTF
Old 08-12-2011, 12:06 PM   #157
FiddySpence
TDCya

it's like they're great at picking up a good premise when they see it, but they have no idea what to do after that.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:25 PM   #158
FiddySpence
TDCya

Kurt Sutter just being Kurt Sutter

Earlier this week, The Hollywood Reporter ran a story outlining several theories as to why Frank Darabont is suddenly no longer in charge of AMC’s The Walking Dead—a decision that came about mere days after Comic-Con, when the network made the surprising decision to fire him while he was still in production on season two. Among the many possible reasons floated: The frequently reported rumor about Darabont still not being able to adjust to the demands of a weekly show, and being “notoriously a pain in the ass” when it came to staying on schedule (an accusation those close to the production deny). The fact that AMC deemed some of Darabont’s early second season footage “not usable,” which many believe gave the network a good excuse to get rid of him. And of course, money—namely Darabont’s refusal to accept massive budget cuts and various network cost-saving notes, like asking him to film half of the show’s episodes indoors, and take “silly” steps such as having the zombies be heard and not seen sometimes, to save on makeup expenses.

It’s that last scenario that seems most likely to Sons Of Anarchy creator Kurt Sutter, never one to miss his chance to rail against the cowardice of Hollywood (even when it involves people he doesn’t work with directly). Yesterday, Sutter took to his Twitter account to argue what some have already theorized in the wake of AMC’s increasingly public troubles—that the network’s sudden need to slash budgets for shows like The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad can all be blamed on its expensive renegotiations with Mad Men’s Matthew Weiner. “Why Darabont got fired — Weiner,” Sutter tweeted. “He held AMC hostage, broke their bank, budgets were slashed, shit rolled down hill onto [Breaking Bad’s Vince] Gilligan and Frank. No one else wants to fucking say it, but the greed of Mad Men is killing the other two best shows on TV—Breaking Bad and Walking Dead.” He then added, “I don't know [Matthew Weiner], got no beef with him. Just hate that Darabont is being demonized. No one has the balls to tell the truth. [Mad Men] gutted AMC.” Sutter further claimed that the situation has gotten so bad that “no creative in town will trust AMC to back up their artists.” Unless, of course, you're The Killing’s Veena Sud. [via THR]
Old 08-12-2011, 02:01 PM   #159
SonofSuns34

What I dont get is the whole "Ratings have no bearing on this conversation" about the budget cuts... it is like cutting off your nose to spite your face. You already have an established fanbase, a well known producer/ director, the comic creator as a creative source of info, the show breaks all the AMC ratings records and they still shit on the franchise before it even got good (the farmhouse, the jail, the governor, michonne, etc) stupid stupid stupid... why watch a zombie show with no zombies?
Old 08-24-2011, 03:46 PM   #160
FiddySpence
TDCya

four season 2 clips

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc