These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2016, 04:12 PM   #1401
NiCK Crush

The Cell was better than The Well - that is for sure. I just can't get on board with this Ezekiel nonsense.
Old 11-11-2016, 05:23 PM   #1402
3beamsoflight6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofSuns34 View Post
I mean, there is a whole wikipedia devoted to it if you want to go look up what happens...
Great. I think I read somewhere there are comic books too.

Seriously though, spoiler that shit, if you refer to anything in the future. Thanks.
3beamsoflight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 10:58 AM   #1403
DMBTex10101
doing the hippo thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
The Cell was better than The Well - that is for sure. I just can't get on board with this Ezekiel nonsense.
I actually disagree. While Ezekiel is a bit much at least it advanced the plot and wasn't insulting to my intelligence. I learned a lot about what is going on and could piece together, to an extent, where we are going with the Kingdom storyline.

But with Dwight and Daryl, we got nowhere. They hinted at the same little bit of character backstory for 40 minutes, then in the last few minutes, they had Neegan spell it out for you in case you missed it, oh and now we are exactly where we were before. The whole episode could have been handled with about 15 mins worth of scenes throughout a full episode.

Plus, it's obvious that Dwight is going to end up helping Daryl in some way, that's a reveal that they didn't have to hammer home so early on...slow reveal, give your audience a little credit.

And the whole thing with Dwight taking the bike out to chase whoever that guy was, none of that made any sense.

This show...sometimes I think about how good it could be if it stopped pandering to the general population. But that's obviously not the way to make the most money.

Archives in Cowtown
DMBTex10101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 05:20 PM   #1404
Matthew Stafford
TDCya

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofSuns34 View Post
I mean, there is a whole wikipedia devoted to it if you want to go look up what happens...
I don't want to fucking know anything, which is why I don't want hints about it in here either and it's why i'm not going to a wikipedia to learn what happens. What sense does that make? You COULD find out if you wanted to so no reason I shouldn't hint at it in here.
Matthew Stafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 05:21 PM   #1405
Matthew Stafford
TDCya

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBTex10101 View Post
I actually disagree. While Ezekiel is a bit much at least it advanced the plot and wasn't insulting to my intelligence. I learned a lot about what is going on and could piece together, to an extent, where we are going with the Kingdom storyline.

But with Dwight and Daryl, we got nowhere. They hinted at the same little bit of character backstory for 40 minutes, then in the last few minutes, they had Neegan spell it out for you in case you missed it, oh and now we are exactly where we were before. The whole episode could have been handled with about 15 mins worth of scenes throughout a full episode.

Plus, it's obvious that Dwight is going to end up helping Daryl in some way, that's a reveal that they didn't have to hammer home so early on...slow reveal, give your audience a little credit.

And the whole thing with Dwight taking the bike out to chase whoever that guy was, none of that made any sense.

This show...sometimes I think about how good it could be if it stopped pandering to the general population. But that's obviously not the way to make the most money.
The guy that got out was simply someone who escaped Neegan and Neegan wanted him back.
Matthew Stafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 09:12 PM   #1406
SonofSuns34
There are no strings on me...

You two act like i told you bruce willis was dead the whole time, or vader was lukes dad, When all i said was if they even follow the comics, there is crazy shit coming up in a show with zombies... I didn't spoil shit
Spoiler:
SonofSuns34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 01:32 PM   #1407
NiCK Crush

anyone still watching?

That scene of Michonne and Rick cutting that herd in half last night was pretty awesome.

I still think the Kingdom is silly as hell, but I guess I get it. That kind of shit would probably happen if this were all real. All those ren fair weirdos.
Old 02-13-2017, 02:03 PM   #1408
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

I didn't have a clue there was a new episode until right before it started yesterday. Haven't watched it. Not really excited for it either
Old 02-13-2017, 02:04 PM   #1409
NiCK Crush

Alrighty
Old 05-03-2017, 08:01 PM   #1410
SonofSuns34
There are no strings on me...

Todays issue 167 really sucked a fat one... hard to read this one
SonofSuns34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:10 PM   #1411
DMBTex10101
doing the hippo thing

Words cannot describe how terrible this show is these days. Such a shame, so much potential, such great actors.

I don't typically quit dramas. Usually I'm invested until the end, but I don't know if I can continue watching. I wish they would just lean into the terrible writing and present themselves as essentially Z Nation. The fact that they still expect to be taken seriously really makes it hard to watch.

Archives in Cowtown
Old 04-17-2018, 07:25 PM   #1412
Vincent
Theologian

Liked the finale, but Maggie vs Rick may be a bit over the top,
Old 04-17-2018, 07:27 PM   #1413
NiCK Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Liked the finale, but Maggie vs Rick may be a bit over the top,
I don't think that's entirely what was implied by that scene, but it certainly was confusing.

I THINK all she is saying is that she wants to kill Negan and doesn't care what Rick intends. Which is fair, and fitting for her character considering what Negan did to Glenn.

But it is framed in this sinister super villain way as if it will literally be Rick Vs Maggie which would be so fucking awful.

The writing and character inconsistencies are so bad. Five mintues before that scene we see Jesus begging Morgan not to kill. Killling isnt the answer.

Cut to him saying they must kill Negan.

Get the fuck outta here Jesus.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:45 PM   #1414
DMBTex10101
doing the hippo thing

Quote:
I don't think that's entirely what was implied by that scene, but it certainly was confusing.

I THINK all she is saying is that she wants to kill Negan and doesn't care what Rick intends. Which is fair, and fitting for her character considering what Negan did to Glenn.

But it is framed in this sinister super villain way as if it will literally be Rick Vs Maggie which would be so fucking awful.

The writing and character inconsistencies are so bad. Five mintues before that scene we see Jesus begging Morgan not to kill. Killling isnt the answer.

Cut to him saying they must kill Negan.

Get the fuck outta here Jesus
They do it so much. So many of the decisions made by characters either make exactly zero sense or completely flip flop from some point that same character made very recently.

It's also stupid as shit that he can take a piece of broken glass and make an expert cut on his throat just deep enough to draw blood but not deep enough to hit anything important.

And I love how both the oceanside and garbage people plots had exactly zero relevance in the eventual outcome of this entire 2.5 year saga with Neegan. I really don't know how they took such a great comic book storyline and beat it to death to the point where I hate watched the last season of it.

I know myself and how I get when I'm many seasons deep into a show. I can drop comedies like nothing if I want to, but I always struggle with dramas. I really wish this would have been the series finale.

Archives in Cowtown
Old 04-18-2018, 05:37 PM   #1415
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Isn’t next year supposed to be the last season?
MaLaKaS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:21 PM   #1416
NiCK Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
Isnít next year supposed to be the last season?
They have not announced that, no.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:56 PM   #1417
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
They have not announced that, no.
Oh, I thought I read an article stating that. I could very well be wrong then. Didn't Kirkman sue the show producers last year as well?
MaLaKaS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:58 PM   #1418
NiCK Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
Oh, I thought I read an article stating that. I could very well be wrong then. Didn't Kirkman sue the show producers last year as well?
I know there have been many changes and issues lately, but to my knowledge they are still going forward with no set end planned yet.

I personally am predicting they'll go 10 seasons.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:40 PM   #1419
DMBTex10101
doing the hippo thing

Quote:
I know there have been many changes and issues lately, but to my knowledge they are still going forward with no set end planned yet.

I personally am predicting they'll go 10 seasons.
This is my understanding as well.

And from what I've heard it's more than Krikman suing. I think there are at least 4 or 5 different suits pending, all of them in some way or another claiming that AMC is milking this thing for every dollar it can and doesn't give a shit about the people involved.

Archives in Cowtown
Old Yesterday, 01:08 AM   #1420
NiCK Crush

One thing that is clear... fans of the show are turning on it big time. Ratings are plummeting and fan forums are constantly bitching about episodes. It seems like most people still watching are just doing it for the sake of finishing at this point, or straight up just hate-watching it.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc