These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2010, 11:17 PM   #41
FiddySpence
TDCya

another great episode tonight. glad they didn't drag out the reunion too long. i didn't want shane to stop pummeling the wife beater.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:59 AM   #42
harmonikfuzion

Not to be "that guy" but having read the comics, it's really frustrating just how far they stray from the comic's plot in the show. I can get over a lot of it, they need extra characters to kill off and stuff, but some of it I wish they'd just left the same given how incredible the comics are. that being said, the production quality on this shit is jaw dropping, and i will absolutely be watching this series.
harmonikfuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:17 AM   #43
Thor2531
I Fucked NAKEDdmbLauren

Laid off for the past couple months and came across this show just last week. Loved the first two episodes and can't wait till our six month old takes his morning nap so I can get into the new one!
Thor2531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:40 PM   #44
FiddySpence
TDCya

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonikfuzion View Post
Not to be "that guy" but having read the comics, it's really frustrating just how far they stray from the comic's plot in the show. I can get over a lot of it, they need extra characters to kill off and stuff, but some of it I wish they'd just left the same given how incredible the comics are. that being said, the production quality on this shit is jaw dropping, and i will absolutely be watching this series.
or you could just not be "that guy" and just watch the show as it's own thing. why would you want to watch an adaptation that's note for note taken from the comic? that seems like it would be pretty boring for you since you'd already know what is going to happen.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:18 PM   #45
OceanSoGood
Where'd you get that vibe?

very suprising after last nights episode that the preview for the Nov. 21st airing will be #4 of six episodes in the full season.

tease

Brian
OceanSoGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:25 PM   #46
FiddySpence
TDCya

next season will be a standard 13 episodes.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:37 PM   #47
madcaphijinks

kinda hope this season ends similarly to issue 6 itd be a good season capper
madcaphijinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:37 PM   #48
NiCK Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissident View Post
another great episode tonight. glad they didn't drag out the reunion too long. i didn't want shane to stop pummeling the wife beater.
yea, that was awesome. fuck that guy.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:39 PM   #49
FiddySpence
TDCya

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
yea, that was awesome. fuck that guy.
i think i may have yelled "just kill him"
Old 11-15-2010, 11:40 PM   #50
NiCK Crush

I can't figure out if I'm supposed to like Grimes' wife or not.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:43 PM   #51
FiddySpence
TDCya

i didn't at first, mainly because i just assumed she was a no good friend fucking whore. but the last episode makes their whole affair seem a bit more complicated and potentially puts a lot of the blame on shane.

not that it would hurt my hetero affections for him.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:06 PM   #52
harmonikfuzion

Quote:
or you could just not be "that guy" and just watch the show as it's own thing. why would you want to watch an adaptation that's note for note taken from the comic? that seems like it would be pretty boring for you since you'd already know what is going to happen.
I am watching the show for its own thing, and if you read the comic you'd understand why some of the changes aren't just different but actually detract from the show on a whole especially in terms of developing the characters considering so much of the comic revolves around the drastic changes the characters go through as they cope (or fail to cope) with the apocalypse. I appreciate that they change it enough that I DON'T know what's going to happen every episode, but they're fucking with a lot of the stuff that makes the comic as good as it is.

And the affair proves my point exactly, in the book it's completely different, it puts shane in a completely different light (in the comic they only slept together once and it was under the impression that Rick got left for dead) and it leads to all kinds of shit down the road. Whereas in the show they drag it out and make her look like a whore and waste three episodes with it instead of settling it in the second episode like it was supposed to so they can develop the other characters.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:11 PM   #53
FiddySpence
TDCya

dude you're 3 episodes into a show that will probably go for at the very least 4 seasons. you can't make any statement on character development yet. they may be wanting to take these people in a completely different direction than the comic did. and i kind of hope they do just so it pisses off the nerds everywhere.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:12 PM   #54
harmonikfuzion

Quote:
dude you're 3 episodes into a show that will probably go for at the very least 4 seasons. you can't make any statement on character development yet. they may be wanting to take these people in a completely different direction than the comic did. and i kind of hope they do just so it pisses off the nerds everywhere.
It just shocks me that they'd waste so much time rewriting it given how well developed the original story was, especially considering how dedicated they are to the visual effects. And just for the record, this is the only comic book series I've read, not counting the Watchmen. I hate normal superhero comics, but this one is impressive, hence the frustration with the way they've changed so much of it. Just wanted to put that out there. I do hope it gets enough viewers to go deep into the story though, even if they only follow about half of it it'll still be great.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:15 PM   #55
FiddySpence
TDCya

if i was adapting a novel or something for television/film i'd probably change quite a bit too. it's just boring otherwise imo.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:45 PM   #56
harmonikfuzion

Quote:
if i was adapting a novel or something for television/film i'd probably change quite a bit too. it's just boring otherwise imo.
i don't mind good movies straying from a book, though obviously if the movie sucked then it's easy to blame it on not following the book. this just feels like a big exception because comic books are already structured so well for television, its awkward what they're changing and what they're leaving the same.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:03 AM   #57
NiCK Crush

I was all over the areas they filmed the majority of the Atlanta scenes tonight for DMB.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:38 PM   #58
Huff
The Original Tracklist

I've been watching this since Ep 1 (zombie genre nut anyway). Damn fine show and I must say...the last five minutes of tonight? FUCKING INSANE. That was pretty brutal.

Operation Halloween 2008 = SUCCESS
Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:39 PM   #59
FiddySpence
TDCya

yeah maybe the best episode so far.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:39 PM   #60
FiddySpence
TDCya

i liked that the gang in atlanta turned out to be pretty decent people.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc