These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2008, 05:33 AM   #21
taylordb

If you really look at what you are getting for the price of the deluxe edition, it is a steal....particularly when you think the $50 includes shipping....and that includes international shipping.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:25 PM   #22
killymagee

I put my pre-order in... just the regular package.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:32 PM   #23
Naediel
Sunken Treasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedisdone81 View Post
Glad I bought the Deluxe though, you automatically get all levels unlocked.
No, this is not true. You only get all of the unlocked bonus material that everyone else gets.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:41 PM   #24
deedisdone81
Bite My Dick Motherfucker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naediel View Post
No, this is not true. You only get all of the unlocked bonus material that everyone else gets.
Oh I must have read that wrong, woops.
deedisdone81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:19 AM   #25
Naediel
Sunken Treasure

I wouldn't worry about all of the levels being unlocked though. It'll happen!

Can't wait for the record. This is the band to follow.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:47 AM   #26
JWood

Well, they were helpful, but by the time I got the email and went to order the Deluxe version, they were out.
JWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:48 AM   #27
JWood

Hello and welcome to the Mantis experience

You are receiving this transmission as you are one of the Umphrey's faithful who have joined the movement and pre-ordered your copy of Mantis; at the same time, helping unlock Levels 1-5 in just one week's time. Thanks so much for your all of your support! Your order has been received, and has been processed. You are officially a part of the team, and we couldn't thank you more. As of today, the 1000 deluxe packages are sold out!

We wanted to update you on all things Mantis – and remind you that we need everyone to spread the word far and wide and help unlock all what we have in store. You will receive emails from us from here on out with updates, news, and more of what's in store.

Many of you have had questions regarding the pre-order, what to expect, when content will be ready, etc. We've listed the FAQ below for your reference. If you have any questions we have not answered, please let us know by emailing [Only registered users can see links.] and we'll get right back to you. To see all the content that has been unlocked thus far, it is listed on the pre-order page.

We know that you are anxious to get your hands on some of this material, and we are chomping at the bit to give it to you! The majority of the content will be made available to you in you by logging into your profile at UMLive.net the week of January 20th. You will receive an email that week with instructions on how to download the content. However, we do not want to keep everyone waiting too long, so we have arranged for a track from our Halloween show, as well as a special fly-on-the-wall track from our vocal rehearsals backstage on Halloween, both to be made available today. So be sure to log in and download these little tasters. On December 4th, everyone who has pre-ordered up to that date will be able to download all the extras from Level 1. And remember, the bonus content fun doesn't end in January...each Mantis CD is PUSH enabled which will bring you even more bonus tracks, unreleased material and some very special surprises throughout 2009. Mantis is more than an album...it's an experience!

As you know, the Mantis experience is as much about you as it is Umphrey's McGee and the music we have created. Without your help getting the word out on this project, we won't be able to give you more of what you want – more music! Please make sure to grab the Mantis Widget and add it to your Myspace/Facebook pages or post it to your blog. You can get the widget HERE. We will soon be updating it with more music, pictures, and artwork as the release date approaches. For those who want to help spread the word through more traditional routes, sign up for our Street Team and we will get you involved. For those who have not yet signed up for Kadoink, we will be texting Mantis Bonus Material updates, voice updates for the band, and maybe even some a sneak preview of Mantis.

We haven’t shared the album cover image with anyone yet…until now. We wanted to share it with you before anyone else!

Stay tuned for more info coming your way next week!

Umphrey's McGee & The Mantis Team

Mantis FAQ:

Spoiler:
How does the pre-order work?

Visit and purchase either the Mantis pre-order or the Deluxe Limited Edition. Over the next few weeks, more bonus content will be unlocked as more pre-orders are placed. Your pre-order package will contain the Mantis CD, you will receive an email with links to download Mantis MP3s on January 20th, and a subsequent email with links to download the pre-order bonus content.

How and when will additional content be added?

The more people who pre-order, the more bonus content will be added. All registered pre-order customers will receive email updates when new bonus content is "unlocked," you can visit the pre-order site to check for updates, or you can subscribe to the pre-order RSS feed. We will give you "hints" as to what the next level of bonus content will contain as pre-order thresholds are hit -- we have scoured the bulletin boards to make sure we understood exactly what previously unreleased content was in demand and combined that with choice gems you didn't even know existed.

Will the price go up when new tracks gets added?

No. All unlocked bonus content is provided at no additional cost.

How will I know when new bonus content gets added to the package?

Email, RSS, and the pre-order site will be updated when new bonus content is added, along with clues to the next batch of content waiting to be unlocked. Make sure to keep checking the pre-order site for updates along the way.

I have placed my order, will I get an email confirmation email?

No. You will receive a confirmation number upon completion of the order, and will receive an email in the next week or so updating you on what content has been unlocked, along with other Mantis/Umphrey's McGee updates.

When will I get my CD?

Our goal is to get CDs in the mail in so that everyone has their CDs in hand on, or as close to, the 01.20.09 release date.

When will I get my MP3s of the Mantis album?

You will receive email on 01.20.09 with links to download your MP3s so that you have them on release date.

When will I get my bonus tracks?

Links to download bonus content will be emailed to you beginning Friday, January 23 2009.

What format will the bonus tracks be in?

All bonus tracks will be MP3s encoded at 160kbps

Will the bonus tracks have DRM (Digital Rights Management)?

No. None of the content will have DRM or copy protection of any kind.

Will the bonus tracks be available for sale on CD?

No. Bonus tracks will be delivered via download only.

I want to buy the Mantis CD from my local Best Buy. Can I still get the pre-order bonus tracks?

No. The pre-order bonus tracks are only available through this pre-order.

I buy all my music from iTunes. Can I still get the bonus tracks?

No. The pre-order bonus tracks are only available by purchasing through the pre-order website.

What is PUSH technology and how will the Mantis CD use it?

PUSH is a technology developed by Digital Insert. It allows a CD to be used as a "key" to access additional content.

Will I need to install any software on my computer to use PUSH?

No. There will be an Umphrey's PUSH website that you will access by having the Mantis CD in your CD-ROM. No software installation or serial number is required.

What sort of content will PUSH give me and how is it different from the pre-order bonus content?

Live versions of songs from Mantis, more unreleased material, rehearsals, and impromptu "bus jams" as we continue to tour throughout the year. And more. We have some interesting ideas we want to try and are committed to ensuring that your Mantis CD will provide you with a lot of great new music throughout the year.

Is there any charge for bonus content delivered using PUSH?

No. There is no charge for the PUSH bonus content.

Will the PUSH bonus content use DRM?

No DRM or copy control will be used on the PUSH bonus content.

Does it matter where I buy the Mantis CD to take advantage of the PUSH content?

No. PUSH will work with any factory pressed copy of Mantis, or any copy of Mantis legitimately downloaded from iTunes, Rhapsody, or other digital music retailer. PUSH content will NOT work with burned CD-Rs, or copies of Mantis obtained through P2P networks.

I want to help with spreading the word. How do I get involved?

Visit the street team page here as well as place the Umphrey's widget, on your blog, MySpace, or Facebook page.

I want to "gift" Mantis to a friend. How do I do that?

Simply purchase Mantis and request a different delivery address when checking out or select "GIFT MANTIS"

When is the last day to pre-order?

The last day to pre-order is Monday January 5th.

When will round 1 of the unlocked pre-order content going to be available for download?

Thursday December 4th you will receive an email with information on how to download this content.

Can I get a refund once my order is placed?

No. All orders are final and non-refundable.

Are the deluxe packages sold out?

Yes. There will NOT be any more produced.

For questions regarding your Mantis order.
Email [Only registered users can see links.]

Last edited by JWood; 12-05-2008 at 12:32 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:23 AM   #28
JWood

FREE mp3 download, hear a Mantis teaser, and the debut of Made to Measure

We couldn't be happier to announce that the first single from Mantis, "Made to Measure," will debut on Chicago's very own WXRT as a part of their New Music Thursdays. The song will air a few times throughout the day this Thursday, November 13th. Tune into 93.1 FM if in the Chicago area, or stream online at [Only registered users can see links.] , to be the first to hear "Made to Measure"!

FREE Made to Measure MP3 Download
Everyone who has pre-ordered Mantis, by this Friday, November 14th, will be the first receive a link that day via email to download the MP3 of "Made to Measure." Be sure to check your email for instructions. If you haven't ordered yet, please visit [Only registered users can see links.] to pre-order and join the Mantis movement. EVERYONE who signs up for the ultimate Umphrey's McGee package on the pre-order page will receive an email in the coming days with instructions on how to get the FREE MP3 download as well! If you're already signed up, expect an email from UM HQ soon.

Starting today, we are offering a short teaser of Mantis on our official blog The Floor. This track is a sampling of what the album will sound like, so be sure to visit blog.umphreys.com to get a taste.

Mantis is coming,
Umphrey's McGee
WXRT - stream online!
Source: [Only registered users can see links.]
Old 11-14-2008, 03:42 AM   #29
JWood

"Made to Measure" is out now.

And it's actually 192 kbps instead of 128.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:27 AM   #30
Dirtydeeds
you enjoy myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub1892 View Post
"Made to Measure" is out now.

And it's actually 192 kbps instead of 128.
Thanks for the heads up, excited to hear it.
Dirtydeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:14 PM   #31
deedisdone81

Made to Measure is definitely different, I dig it.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:44 AM   #32
Dirtydeeds
you enjoy myself

M2M is a step in the right direction. Well done UMP.
Dirtydeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:44 PM   #33
JWood

Level 7 locked
Old 11-18-2008, 07:46 PM   #34
JWood

Dec. 4 - Level 1 Download

Level 1:

1 track from GREATEST HITS VOL. III - The long out of print first record!

4 tracks from annual Acoustic Christmas Show 2005.

2 tracks from Jake Cinninger's home studio 4-track archives - One track you're likely to recognize and one you are not.

1 track from inside the studio control room during an album tracking session -- Fly-on-the-wall perspective.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:41 PM   #35
JWood

hopefully tonight (midnightish) this will be up, but I'm betting more on noon tomorrow
Old 12-04-2008, 06:35 PM   #36
JWood

Tracklisting:

01. Made to Measure 3:12
02. Preamble 0:36
03. Mantis 11:49
04. Cemetery Walk 7:30
05. Cemetery Walk II 2:19
06. Turn & Run 7:25
07. Spires 7:41
08. Prophecy Now 2:47
09. Red Tape 5:43
10. 1348 4:49
Old 12-04-2008, 06:59 PM   #37
deedisdone81

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub1892 View Post
Tracklisting:

01. Made to Measure 3:12
02. Preamble 0:36
03. Mantis 11:49
04. Cemetery Walk 7:30
05. Cemetery Walk II 2:19
06. Turn & Run 7:25
07. Spires 7:41
08. Prophecy Now 2:47
09. Red Tape 5:43
10. 1348 4:49

I got the email to download level 1 content, but its not in my stash, anyone else having issues with this?
Old 12-04-2008, 07:17 PM   #38
JWood

check now, it's in my stash now
Old 12-04-2008, 07:24 PM   #39
JWood

Level 1:

Thin Air (Acoustic Christmas 2005)
Great American (Acoustic Christmas 2005)
Susanah (Acoustic Christmas 2005)
In The Kitchen (Acoustic Christmas 2005)
Kimble (From Greatest Hits Vol. III)
Wizard Burial Ground (Jake Cinninger's original demo)
Forks (Jake Cinninger's orignal 4-track)
Spires 'Construction' (fly-on-the-wall)
Old 12-04-2008, 07:26 PM   #40
JWood

Quote:
What format will the bonus tracks be in?

All bonus tracks will be MP3s encoded at 160kbps
Nope, 192

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc