These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2017, 10:35 AM   #21321
sean52692
You have failed this band

Hey at least she made it into the bathroom.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:40 AM   #21322
Bluewater34
Is Old

True. Tile is better than carpet.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:05 AM   #21323
sean52692

Small victories.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:33 AM   #21324
Bluewater34
Is Old

Yeah, I'm definitely in much more of a "glass half full" mood now than I was at 2:00 this morning.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:22 PM   #21325
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

So just 3 months away. Anyone excited about the Total Solar eclipse? I'm going to Hopkinsville, KY to watch it.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:27 PM   #21326
Josh.0

I'm no Tiger Woods apologist, but the media needs to chill out with the story of his DUI arrest. Police have confirmed that he wasn't drunk and blew a ".00" on his breathalyzer, yet now CNN has a video up of him being taken into custody. The guy was on painkillers and was clearly out of it when he got behind the wheel, but they're treating and reporting it as if he was actually drinking and driving. He had a (clearly bad) reaction to pain medications - why do you need to villainze and embarrass him any further with mugshots and police videos? Is the goal to drive the guy into some kind of depression? Does anything matter more than "clicks" anymore?

Really tired of CNN's unapologetic, continuous transformation into TMZ. What happened to journalistic integrity?
Old 06-01-2017, 12:24 AM   #21327
gweeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
I'm no Tiger Woods apologist, but the media needs to chill out with the story of his DUI arrest. Police have confirmed that he wasn't drunk and blew a ".00" on his breathalyzer, yet now CNN has a video up of him being taken into custody. The guy was on painkillers and was clearly out of it when he got behind the wheel, but they're treating and reporting it as if he was actually drinking and driving. He had a (clearly bad) reaction to pain medications - why do you need to villainze and embarrass him any further with mugshots and police videos? Is the goal to drive the guy into some kind of depression? Does anything matter more than "clicks" anymore?

Really tired of CNN's unapologetic, continuous transformation into TMZ. What happened to journalistic integrity?
It's not just a Walmart world, but it's a clickbait world, too. But, of course, you don't have to click everything.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 11:44 AM   #21328
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Quote:

I think Tiger was messed up - definitely a bad reaction to pain medications and he shouldn't have been driving.

But, I also have a real issue with field sobriety tests. They're totally subjective and arbitrary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post
So just 3 months away. Anyone excited about the Total Solar eclipse? I'm going to Hopkinsville, KY to watch it.
I'm excited. Thinking about cruising up to Wyoming to check it out.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 12:02 PM   #21329
sean52692

Quote:
Is the goal to drive the guy into some kind of depression?
Could be. CNN/TMZ celebrity culture loves major falls from grace. OJ, Brittney Spears, Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, etc.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:23 PM   #21330
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

I agree that the media is using this for clicks and attempting to fill the 24 hour news cycle. Plus, Americans love a 'fall from grace.' Bill Burr pretty much nailed it on his podcast on monday iho. Tiger never made himself out to be this great family man, the media did.

But, man, that video. He is FUCKED UP. I'm all for putting a rest to people saying he is a drug addict or this, or that. Be he EASILY could have killed someone. He smashed up his (250K V12) Mercedes pretty badly hitting go knows what. He obviously had no idea where he was or how he got there. I could go either way on it. He very well might be addicted to opiates, or he may have just had a bad reaction. My guess is he took a bunch of pills for recreation (no calories!), was fine, got into the car to go home and it hit him like a ton of bricks on the way. From my memory of pills and other weird shit like that in college, you went from zero to drooling really fast.

I also wonder what else he is talking. I think steroids and opiates can have really bad reactions. He is as jacked as ever. Coming off a bunch of surgeries, he very well may be on hgh and other 'steroids'. Anyway, opiates are no joke. Don't go down that road. You just never know.

And josh, I think you were just saying this was an accident, but taking perscribed pills and driving and drinking and driving are equal. The media should treat them the same.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 01:29 PM   #21331
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
And josh, I think you were just saying this was an accident, but taking perscribed pills and driving and drinking and driving are equal. The media should treat them the same.
I was just going to say this. Impaired driving is impaired driving, no matter the substance, and he was clearly a danger to others and himself in his condition. Maybe it was an unforeseen reaction or dangerous drug interaction, but he definitely shouldn't have been behind the wheel.

Now, do I agree that the media is making way too big a deal of this, given what we know about what really happened? Yes, I definitely do.
Old 06-03-2017, 01:08 PM   #21332
gweeps

Pun fans rejoice!

gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:35 AM   #21333
morgadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I agree that the media is using this for clicks and attempting to fill the 24 hour news cycle. Plus, Americans love a 'fall from grace.' Bill Burr pretty much nailed it on his podcast on monday iho. Tiger never made himself out to be this great family man, the media did.
Ol' Freckles' take on that story was glorious.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:24 PM   #21334
RageATL
The Dude abides

Holy shit, now I remember why I don't frequent Wal-Mart that often. There is an entire race of sub-species that attend that store given this town, wow.

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:35 PM   #21335
Bluewater34
Is Old

Ha, yeah. I feel the same way. Sure, I don't like how Walmart sources its products, or treats its employees, or a dozen other things, but if I'm honest, the main reason I don't go there if there's a single other option is that I honestly don't think I've ever had a shopping trip there that didn't lead to me wanting to choke either the checkout clerk or another shopper to death with my bare hands.
Old 06-14-2017, 02:39 PM   #21336
JimBeam41

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
Holy shit, now I remember why I don't frequent Wal-Mart that often. There is an entire race of sub-species that attend that store given this town, wow.
I haven't stepped foot inside of a wal-mart in years. I go to Target, much nicer and probably only a little bit more expensive then a wal-mart.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:21 PM   #21337
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
I feel this way when I go to any gas station by the UK hospital. Good lord...
Old 06-15-2017, 12:04 PM   #21338
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
Ha, yeah. I feel the same way. Sure, I don't like how Walmart sources its products, or treats its employees, or a dozen other things, but if I'm honest, the main reason I don't go there if there's a single other option is that I honestly don't think I've ever had a shopping trip there that didn't lead to me wanting to choke either the checkout clerk or another shopper to death with my bare hands.
Holy shit, this is me to a "t"!!! I actually toned down my original post so as not to offend anyone.

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:02 PM   #21339
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
My last Walmart experience was like a decade ago. I was interning for an indy baseball team in a shithole called Rockford, Illinois. Ended up in a Walmart at like 1 am on a Sunday/Monday after a rain delayed game.

I saw a man use aisle 4 as his toilet. And it wasn't pretty. Neither was what followed as people realized what was going on.

I don't recall being in one since.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:14 PM   #21340
Mitch

I don't think I've ever been in a Walmart.
Mitch is online now   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc