These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2017, 09:57 AM   #3121
sean52692
Ten steps ahead of you
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wheaton, IL
Posts: 16,057
Trading all those picks away to move up ONE SPOT is hilarious but if Trubisky is really good, nobody is going to care.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 02:22 AM   #3122
greykitkat36
 
greykitkat36's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 8,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
Trading all those picks away to move up ONE SPOT is hilarious but if Trubisky is really good, nobody is going to care.
I guess but man that was a lot to give up for someone that may or may not work out. Clearly they liked what they they saw from him, but to trade 4 picks for a guy who isn't even going to start or play this season. I still think regardless it's a bad move and especially bad if it doesn't work out
__________________
S'cuse me. (spits out Ricola) Its just so I know where it is, so I can get it after. Can't waste it, Ricola's delicious."-- DJM
greykitkat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:12 AM   #3123
RageATL
The Dude abides
 
RageATL's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Dude, stop. If your dad beat you with a switch when you were 3 fucking years old he had serious problems too. Kids that age don't have the mental capacity to take anything positive from that 'lesson.' Anyone who has ever been around a 3 year old and has 1/2 a brain should know this. Kids that age need love and positive teaching. And if your dad whipped you in the testicles at any age he belongs in jail. Adrian Peterson belongs in jail for that. Period. That has nothing to do with the nation being pussies. Adrian Peterson is a deranged fucking moron who is perpetuating serious societal issues. Having a 'whuppin'' room in your house is sick sadistic behavior. And he can barely be considered a father. He is a fucking grade A piece of shit who happens to be good at footbaw and fucking chicks without protection.
Fair enough, I definitely didn't have all the details cuz some of the stuff you're talking about I was TOTALLY unaware of. Had I known that other information, my opinion would have differed.
__________________
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576

Last edited by RageATL; 05-02-2017 at 01:49 PM.
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:14 AM   #3124
RageATL
The Dude abides
 
RageATL's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Jamal Adams
Good stuff indeed, same type of situation as when Leo Williams fell in our laps. I've heard plenty of pundits saying that not only was he one of the safest picks in the draft, but he might also have been the best pick in the draft outside of Myles.
__________________
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:16 AM   #3125
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 11,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Dude, stop. If your dad beat you with a switch when you were 3 fucking years old he had serious problems too. Kids that age don't have the mental capacity to take anything positive from that 'lesson.' Anyone who has ever been around a 3 year old and has 1/2 a brain should know this. Kids that age need love and positive teaching. And if your dad whipped you in the testicles at any age he belongs in jail. Adrian Peterson belongs in jail for that. Period. That has nothing to do with the nation being pussies. Adrian Peterson is a deranged fucking moron who is perpetuating serious societal issues. Having a 'whuppin'' room in your house is sick sadistic behavior. And he can barely be considered a father. He is a fucking grade A piece of shit who happens to be good at footbaw and fucking chicks without protection.
Ooh, I missed this originally, but
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:36 AM   #3126
Fan#41
 
Homers Beer Run Champion!
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 30,690
Spike Lee...shut the fuck up. "rallying" for Colin Kapernick at NFL HQ?
__________________
Variety of emotion is good...it just makes the music different colors. - LeRoi Moore
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:20 AM   #3127
sean52692
Ten steps ahead of you
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wheaton, IL
Posts: 16,057
listen to Shannon Sharpe's INSANE reaction to the Dolphins signing Cutler instead of Kaepernick.

sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:24 AM   #3128
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle
 
roshea999's Avatar
 
Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 8,351
I'm gonna not listen to any of that, but go dolphins!
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 11:19 AM   #3129
RageATL
The Dude abides
 
RageATL's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,304
The NYJ could legit have the WORST offense the likes of the NFL has seen in quite some time. It's gonna be epic-ly bad. I might not watch any games this year.
__________________
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 11:33 AM   #3130
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 11,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
The NYJ could legit have the WORST offense the likes of the NFL has seen in quite some time. It's gonna be epic-ly bad. I might not watch any games this year.
We can only hope they'll be "epicly" bad, dude. They are gonna be awful, everyone knows. So, be the worst and get me Sam Darnold! A failure for the Jets this year will actually be if they're not bad enough! Here's to zero wins!
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:10 PM   #3131
RageATL
The Dude abides
 
RageATL's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
We can only hope they'll be "epicly" bad, dude. They are gonna be awful, everyone knows. So, be the worst and get me Sam Darnold! A failure for the Jets this year will actually be if they're not bad enough! Here's to zero wins!
I can't root for a tank, man and as you well know, the NYJ can't even fail correctly so they'll win a game when they're on the cusp of securing the #1 pick in the 2018 draft.
__________________
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:31 PM   #3132
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 17,398
Yea it's going to be a rough year for the Jets.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:43 PM   #3133
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 11,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
I can't root for a tank, man and as you well know, the NYJ can't even fail correctly so they'll win a game when they're on the cusp of securing the #1 pick in the 2018 draft.
I agree that they won't even be able to fail correctly. But are you saying you'd prefer to win 4 games than win 1 and get the #1 pick? I want that #1 pick. That's how you turn a franchise around.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 01:48 PM   #3134
RageATL
The Dude abides
 
RageATL's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
I agree that they won't even be able to fail correctly. But are you saying you'd prefer to win 4 games than win 1 and get the #1 pick? I want that #1 pick. That's how you turn a franchise around.
If they try hard and only win 1 then that's fine, but I'm not going to root for them to fail. If they do, then having a shot at the #1 pick is pretty sweet, but even then you know how this league goes, it's not a given that they will 100% have a crack at Darnold or that he's even the franchise QB that everybody says he is. A lot could happen between now and the draft.
__________________
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 02:56 PM   #3135
RageATL
The Dude abides
 
RageATL's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,304
NFL Thread [2017 Offseason - Bears Suck.]

On the way to the Mayer show last Thursday, Google Maps rerouted us to drive right by the Mercedes Benz Stadium and holy shit, that thing is MONSTROUS. You feel like a tiny speck of nothing looking up at it.

__________________
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:33 PM   #3136
greykitkat36
 
greykitkat36's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 8,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
We can only hope they'll be "epicly" bad, dude. They are gonna be awful, everyone knows. So, be the worst and get me Sam Darnold! A failure for the Jets this year will actually be if they're not bad enough! Here's to zero wins!
Knowing the Jets luck, McCown will play amazing and they'll end up winning 6 games and be out of the running for him. I really think he enjoys being a california guy, and I think the 49ers will wind up trading up to get him, because that seems to be a perfect spot for him.
__________________
S'cuse me. (spits out Ricola) Its just so I know where it is, so I can get it after. Can't waste it, Ricola's delicious."-- DJM
greykitkat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:23 AM   #3137
mja271
 
mja271's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 8,105
My joking prediction with my Jet fan friends was that they'll be in position for the #1 pick going into week 17 at NE, and they'll somehow end up winning like 12-10 in an ugly game against the Pats third stringers and drop down to like 4-5
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
Paul Bearer was Kane's father, but not Undertaker's. Taker killed his parents in a funeral home fire, but Bearer knocked up Undertaker's mom with Kane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:30 AM   #3138
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 11,781
Oh, I totally expect something along those lines to happen.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:43 AM   #3139
Fan#41
 
Homers Beer Run Champion!
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 30,690
NE always struggles with 1 or 2 division games ever year, so it's 100% possible, no matter how shitty the Jets are.
__________________
Variety of emotion is good...it just makes the music different colors. - LeRoi Moore
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 01:05 PM   #3140
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 17,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
My joking prediction with my Jet fan friends was that they'll be in position for the #1 pick going into week 17 at NE, and they'll somehow end up winning like 12-10 in an ugly game against the Pats third stringers and drop down to like 4-5


so true
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.09756 seconds with 18 queries