These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2017, 09:57 AM   #3121
sean52692
Ten steps ahead of you

Trading all those picks away to move up ONE SPOT is hilarious but if Trubisky is really good, nobody is going to care.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 02:22 AM   #3122
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
Trading all those picks away to move up ONE SPOT is hilarious but if Trubisky is really good, nobody is going to care.
I guess but man that was a lot to give up for someone that may or may not work out. Clearly they liked what they they saw from him, but to trade 4 picks for a guy who isn't even going to start or play this season. I still think regardless it's a bad move and especially bad if it doesn't work out
Old 05-02-2017, 10:12 AM   #3123
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Dude, stop. If your dad beat you with a switch when you were 3 fucking years old he had serious problems too. Kids that age don't have the mental capacity to take anything positive from that 'lesson.' Anyone who has ever been around a 3 year old and has 1/2 a brain should know this. Kids that age need love and positive teaching. And if your dad whipped you in the testicles at any age he belongs in jail. Adrian Peterson belongs in jail for that. Period. That has nothing to do with the nation being pussies. Adrian Peterson is a deranged fucking moron who is perpetuating serious societal issues. Having a 'whuppin'' room in your house is sick sadistic behavior. And he can barely be considered a father. He is a fucking grade A piece of shit who happens to be good at footbaw and fucking chicks without protection.
Fair enough, I definitely didn't have all the details cuz some of the stuff you're talking about I was TOTALLY unaware of. Had I known that other information, my opinion would have differed.

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576

Last edited by RageATL; 05-02-2017 at 01:49 PM.
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:14 AM   #3124
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Jamal Adams
Good stuff indeed, same type of situation as when Leo Williams fell in our laps. I've heard plenty of pundits saying that not only was he one of the safest picks in the draft, but he might also have been the best pick in the draft outside of Myles.

Old 05-02-2017, 10:16 AM   #3125
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Dude, stop. If your dad beat you with a switch when you were 3 fucking years old he had serious problems too. Kids that age don't have the mental capacity to take anything positive from that 'lesson.' Anyone who has ever been around a 3 year old and has 1/2 a brain should know this. Kids that age need love and positive teaching. And if your dad whipped you in the testicles at any age he belongs in jail. Adrian Peterson belongs in jail for that. Period. That has nothing to do with the nation being pussies. Adrian Peterson is a deranged fucking moron who is perpetuating serious societal issues. Having a 'whuppin'' room in your house is sick sadistic behavior. And he can barely be considered a father. He is a fucking grade A piece of shit who happens to be good at footbaw and fucking chicks without protection.
Ooh, I missed this originally, but
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:36 AM   #3126
Fan#41

Homers Beer Run Champion!
Spike Lee...shut the fuck up. "rallying" for Colin Kapernick at NFL HQ?
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:20 AM   #3127
sean52692
Ten steps ahead of you

listen to Shannon Sharpe's INSANE reaction to the Dolphins signing Cutler instead of Kaepernick.

sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:24 AM   #3128
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
I'm gonna not listen to any of that, but go dolphins!
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 11:19 AM   #3129
RageATL
The Dude abides

The NYJ could legit have the WORST offense the likes of the NFL has seen in quite some time. It's gonna be epic-ly bad. I might not watch any games this year.

Old 08-09-2017, 11:33 AM   #3130
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
The NYJ could legit have the WORST offense the likes of the NFL has seen in quite some time. It's gonna be epic-ly bad. I might not watch any games this year.
We can only hope they'll be "epicly" bad, dude. They are gonna be awful, everyone knows. So, be the worst and get me Sam Darnold! A failure for the Jets this year will actually be if they're not bad enough! Here's to zero wins!
Old 08-09-2017, 12:10 PM   #3131
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
We can only hope they'll be "epicly" bad, dude. They are gonna be awful, everyone knows. So, be the worst and get me Sam Darnold! A failure for the Jets this year will actually be if they're not bad enough! Here's to zero wins!
I can't root for a tank, man and as you well know, the NYJ can't even fail correctly so they'll win a game when they're on the cusp of securing the #1 pick in the 2018 draft.

Old 08-09-2017, 12:31 PM   #3132
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Yea it's going to be a rough year for the Jets.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:43 PM   #3133
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
I can't root for a tank, man and as you well know, the NYJ can't even fail correctly so they'll win a game when they're on the cusp of securing the #1 pick in the 2018 draft.
I agree that they won't even be able to fail correctly. But are you saying you'd prefer to win 4 games than win 1 and get the #1 pick? I want that #1 pick. That's how you turn a franchise around.
Old 08-09-2017, 01:48 PM   #3134
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
I agree that they won't even be able to fail correctly. But are you saying you'd prefer to win 4 games than win 1 and get the #1 pick? I want that #1 pick. That's how you turn a franchise around.
If they try hard and only win 1 then that's fine, but I'm not going to root for them to fail. If they do, then having a shot at the #1 pick is pretty sweet, but even then you know how this league goes, it's not a given that they will 100% have a crack at Darnold or that he's even the franchise QB that everybody says he is. A lot could happen between now and the draft.

Old 08-14-2017, 02:56 PM   #3135
RageATL
The Dude abides

NFL Thread [2017 Offseason - Bears Suck.]

On the way to the Mayer show last Thursday, Google Maps rerouted us to drive right by the Mercedes Benz Stadium and holy shit, that thing is MONSTROUS. You feel like a tiny speck of nothing looking up at it.

Old 08-15-2017, 01:33 PM   #3136
greykitkat36

Quote:
Knowing the Jets luck, McCown will play amazing and they'll end up winning 6 games and be out of the running for him. I really think he enjoys being a california guy, and I think the 49ers will wind up trading up to get him, because that seems to be a perfect spot for him.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:23 AM   #3137
mja271

My joking prediction with my Jet fan friends was that they'll be in position for the #1 pick going into week 17 at NE, and they'll somehow end up winning like 12-10 in an ugly game against the Pats third stringers and drop down to like 4-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:30 AM   #3138
Mitch

Oh, I totally expect something along those lines to happen.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:43 AM   #3139
Fan#41

Homers Beer Run Champion!
NE always struggles with 1 or 2 division games ever year, so it's 100% possible, no matter how shitty the Jets are.
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 01:05 PM   #3140
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
My joking prediction with my Jet fan friends was that they'll be in position for the #1 pick going into week 17 at NE, and they'll somehow end up winning like 12-10 in an ugly game against the Pats third stringers and drop down to like 4-5

so true
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc