These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2018, 10:06 AM   #61
mattinmass
heady
 
mattinmass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: just another city again
Posts: 20,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcelino View Post
Arrive at 8. Leave by 10:30.
Exactly- was thinking 1015 actually
mattinmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:06 AM   #62
TheNoise
Mr. DMB, I don't feel so good.
 
TheNoise's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 22,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
The N2 encore in 2004 was pretty sweet. That's one of the best shows I ever attended.
i agree, it sucked to miss it. heard rapunzel start as we were getting to the car and it was very sad.
TheNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:10 AM   #63
bsan83
4, 3, 2, 1....
 
bsan83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: MA
Posts: 26,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
With the exception of the N1 encore the two nighter at Mansfield in 2010 was really good.
In 2010 it was still random and new at least. I didn't mind it then, but it'd be brutal now.
bsan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:06 AM   #64
mja271
 
mja271's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 8,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
The optimist in me thinks we will get atleast a couple of tour debuts. With the week off, Dave easily could have told Buddy (and everyone else), “take a run through this list and be ready to play them when we get back.” If not, they have hit the comfort coast zone and this tour will get pretty boring pretty fast. I tend to believe that won’t happen.
Yea I think we'll at least get a debut or two. Whether they're good debuts or not is the big question. It'll probably be Dreamgirl and Stolen Away
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
Paul Bearer was Kane's father, but not Undertaker's. Taker killed his parents in a funeral home fire, but Bearer knocked up Undertaker's mom with Kane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:36 AM   #65
greykitkat36
 
greykitkat36's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 9,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
Yea I think we'll at least get a debut or two. Whether they're good debuts or not is the big question. It'll probably be Dreamgirl and Stolen Away
Hunger and If Only tour debuts this weekend
__________________
S'cuse me. (spits out Ricola) Its just so I know where it is, so I can get it after. Can't waste it, Ricola's delicious."-- DJM
greykitkat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:52 AM   #66
patsfan39
 
patsfan39's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 4,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
This is generally true, but sometimes they will still try to redirect you into the back lots at later times. A few times I’ve had to just tell them I want to leave in order to not get routed back there after fighting with them. If you want to gurantee you get in the middle lot, you might need to push your case.
We are dangerously close to just shouting in an echo chamber now, but you’re right sometimes they definitely don’t want you to go somewhere but you just have to say you’re leaving or just keep driving where you want. They are just high school kids and can’t really stop my car from going where I want it to go.
__________________
-Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
bkdkbbkkddd

the letters he draws with his tongue.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 12:09 PM   #67
SeekUpAB
 
SeekUpAB's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,408
The just keep driving strategy works well if it has to come to that. Wish I left 8/2/07 here early. Awful show, awful lots. N2 '13 I lucked out with the center parking and pulled right into line without leaving early. Solid show.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod! View Post
this isn't #dMbFaMiLy level shit. there's a whole spectrum of middle ground in between family and SeekUpAB
SeekUpAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:04 PM   #68
patsfan39
 
patsfan39's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 4,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
The optimist in me thinks we will get atleast a couple of tour debuts. With the week off, Dave easily could have told Buddy (and everyone else), “take a run through this list and be ready to play them when we get back.” If not, they have hit the comfort coast zone and this tour will get pretty boring pretty fast. I tend to believe that won’t happen.
Its a weird tour. They have only had 2 two nighters, and they were just last week. Feels like it should be later in the tour, but SPAC is still a month out. Those are usually loaded with bust outs, so i dont expect the coast yet, after SPAC its over for sure.

I hope for a good run, but who knows if it will happen.
__________________
-Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
bkdkbbkkddd

the letters he draws with his tongue.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:34 AM   #69
Rowsdower
TIMING FREE!
 
Rowsdower's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekUpAB View Post
The just keep driving strategy works well if it has to come to that. Wish I left 8/2/07 here early. Awful show, awful lots. N2 '13 I lucked out with the center parking and pulled right into line without leaving early. Solid show.
8/1/07 stunk, but 8/2/07 was a pretty good show. Worth it for Seek Up, Graves, Bartender, and Grace alone.
__________________
-Jeff
Rowsdower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:37 AM   #70
Rowsdower
TIMING FREE!
 
Rowsdower's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
The N2 encore in 2004 was pretty sweet. That's one of the best shows I ever attended.
It's a very underrated show. Solid setlist, inspired performances, and really captures the early 2004 sound. It would have been a nice sleeper Live Trax release.
__________________
-Jeff
Rowsdower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:42 AM   #71
patsfan39
 
patsfan39's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 4,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post
8/1/07 stunk, but 8/2/07 was a pretty good show. Worth it for Seek Up, Graves, Bartender, and Grace alone.
Didnt those have teh Xavier Rudd solos? I reembmer Roi and rashawn walked off stage for those. Seek Up was the opener, and they left part way through the first song. definitely didnt have a good vibe for me. Plus the tape didnt come out for a year, so once it did, there was no point in listening.
__________________
-Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
bkdkbbkkddd

the letters he draws with his tongue.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 11:27 AM   #72
batleon
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA by way of RI
Posts: 15,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsan83 View Post
In 2010 it was still random and new at least. I didn't mind it then, but it'd be brutal now.
Honestly I didn't like it at the time either

Hard to complain about that show though even still. The opening JTR/LITHOG/Proudest run was killer, Busted Stuff, mid-set Billies, that set is like no other show I've ever been to. Second night was great too despite some snoozers late in the set...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post
It's a very underrated show. Solid setlist, inspired performances, and really captures the early 2004 sound. It would have been a nice sleeper Live Trax release.
Yeah of the shows I attended I want this one released more than any other, one of the best I attended, honestly it's the show that turned me from a casual to a hardcore so I have a strong attachment to it, but the tape is sub-par for the era.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
LET THE ALMANAC PICK SONGS / LIVE TRAX.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:29 PM   #73
patsfan39
 
patsfan39's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 4,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
Honestly I didn't like it at the time either

Hard to complain about that show though even still. The opening JTR/LITHOG/Proudest run was killer, Busted Stuff, mid-set Billies, that set is like no other show I've ever been to. Second night was great too despite some snoozers late in the set...



Yeah of the shows I attended I want this one released more than any other, one of the best I attended, honestly it's the show that turned me from a casual to a hardcore so I have a strong attachment to it, but the tape is sub-par for the era.
Agreed, that early set run @ N1 is great. Someone actualy posted the links to the JTR and LITHOG on here a few months back. Definitely a unique show.
__________________
-Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
bkdkbbkkddd

the letters he draws with his tongue.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 02:38 PM   #74
fortyone
(41)
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 931
What are the usual rates for the pay lots? Is one better than the other? Ease of exit and ability to tailgate are priorities--the former more so than the latter.
__________________
standing here
the old man said to me
long before these crowded streets
there stood my dreaming tree
fortyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 04:54 PM   #75
Fan#41
 
Homers Beer Run Champion!
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 31,583
$40 across the street (might be $50 this year?). Ease of getting out? VERY.
__________________
Variety of emotion is good...it just makes the music different colors. - LeRoi Moore
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:26 PM   #76
DIDO36
mailing it in since 2005
 
DIDO36's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Starkville, MS
Posts: 727
This is how creative the band should be tomorrow. They should put on an opening run like this.

Fool To Think (Dave on electric)
PNP>>Rapuzel (Dave on electric)
Recently
Granny
Last Stop

It will be nothing close to that unfortunately
DIDO36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:39 PM   #77
fortyone
(41)
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
$40 across the street (might be $50 this year?). Ease of getting out? VERY.
Oh, nice. Thank you! This is the white building right? Studio, or whatever the sign is?
__________________
standing here
the old man said to me
long before these crowded streets
there stood my dreaming tree
fortyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:57 PM   #78
Fan#41
 
Homers Beer Run Champion!
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 31,583
Yes. It usually fills up around 4 or 5pm.
__________________
Variety of emotion is good...it just makes the music different colors. - LeRoi Moore
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:58 PM   #79
Fan#41
 
Homers Beer Run Champion!
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 31,583
Also, I THINK Victor is still in the Boston area and hasn't headed down to Nashville (for his bass camps) yet. Someone tweet Jeff and ask.
__________________
Variety of emotion is good...it just makes the music different colors. - LeRoi Moore
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:01 PM   #80
patsfan39
 
patsfan39's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 4,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
Also, I THINK Victor is still in the Boston area and hasn't headed down to Nashville (for his bass camps) yet. Someone tweet Jeff and ask.
Done
__________________
-Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
bkdkbbkkddd

the letters he draws with his tongue.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.11306 seconds with 28 queries