These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2015, 11:58 AM   #161
Mitch

Boarding from above the clouds right now on a flight out to San Francisco. Heading to Napa Valley.
Old 07-31-2015, 12:26 PM   #162
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Well that is pretty neat!
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 12:32 PM   #163
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Boarding from above the clouds right now on a flight out to San Francisco. Heading to Napa Valley.
Welcome to the mile high club, Mitch!
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 03:22 PM   #164
sean52692
You failed this band

Thought this was very interesting.

Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free

Quote:
Last year, a young man walked into the Seattle airport and took the next flight to anywhere and he hasn't come down since
[Only registered users can see links.]
Old 07-31-2015, 03:57 PM   #165
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Very nice, enjoy! We were out there in February (SF and a day trip to Napa) and had a blast.

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 10:47 AM   #166
Jayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
Thought this was very interesting. Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free [Only registered users can see links.]
Wow that was an awesome read
Old 08-01-2015, 12:21 PM   #167
TDunk

Read that last week, enjoyed it, but for some reason it doesn't resonate with me
TDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 09:17 AM   #168
RageATL
The Dude abides

It's not remotely as sexy as your guys's trips to Europe and what not, but just booked a little Labor Day trip to Chicago...I've been to Evanston, IL (near Northwestern) for a wedding and Chicago for training back in '09 but the lady's never been and wanted to go. She handles the travel agent stuff and scored us a super cheap flight on American and some solid lodging for very little money.

Old 08-04-2015, 09:42 AM   #169
celluloid hero

That sounds fun.

I have a great several months of travel coming up. Outside of my weekly travel to Penn State for work, I have a work convention in Vegas next week that is a glorified three-night party. Then my wife and I are driving to Pittsburgh for a night where I used work to hit some of my favorite restaurants that I miss. I stayed in one hotel there so much that they reserve me the same suite every time I come that has a beautiful view of the city. It's a really underrated city to spend a weekend. The food is fantastic and the views are hard to beat.

I come back the next day and then fly out to Denver for DMBela with some buddies including a New Belgium tour, trip to Red Rocks and tour of some local shops that they don't have in Cincinnati.

Also going back to Denver for the Monday Night Football Bengals - Broncos game after Christmas.

But my most important trip is my first trip to Europe as well. I'm going with my dad the last week in September to go to a few soccer matches. Seeing West Brom at Crystal Palace on Saturday afternoon, then ManU at Arsenal on Sunday evening before coming home Monday. The week before is a Champions League week, so there's a chance if we get there Wednesday morning that we can go to one of those Wednesday night, but that schedule won't be known until August 27th and I don't think we can wait that long to book.

Nice thing is that all hotels are free through SPG points, my flights to Denver are free through Delta air miles, my rental cars in Denver are free through Avis points. The hidden compensation of traveling for work is powerful :-)
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:41 AM   #170
Jayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
It's not remotely as sexy as your guys's trips to Europe and what not, but just booked a little Labor Day trip to Chicago...I've been to Evanston, IL (near Northwestern) for a wedding and Chicago for training back in '09 but the lady's never been and wanted to go. She handles the travel agent stuff and scored us a super cheap flight on American and some solid lodging for very little money.
Doing Chicago later this month with m'lady. We try to get over there a few times a year, and of course, most of our air travel is done out of ORD love it love it
Old 08-04-2015, 03:13 PM   #171
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
Doing Chicago later this month with m'lady. We try to get over there a few times a year, and of course, most of our air travel is done out of ORD love it love it
Very nice! I really enjoyed my time there in '09 (arguably a little TOO much), but I'm older now, I'm making more money these days, my traveling priorities have changed, I have an excellent travel partner now and I'm just an all around better traveler so really I'm looking forward to this visit. Too bad the timing didn't align...we could've met up with you guys for a few beers at least.

Old 08-04-2015, 03:33 PM   #172
Jayes

Would've been fun. Prolly last week of Aug. i love discovering this place with my lady. Fairly fun traveling companion. We have the funz together.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:34 PM   #173
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Would've been fun. Prolly last week of Aug. i love discovering this place with my lady. Fairly fun traveling companion. We have the funz together.
Any particular places that are imperative to hit?

Old 08-04-2015, 03:37 PM   #174
Jayes

Quote:
Any particular places that are imperative to hit?
Depends on what you havent seen. As far as restaurants, this trip in particular will serve as fine-ish dining/nightlife discovery. In trips past we burned ourselves out doing 13-14 hour days and missing everything after dark. Zoo, aquarium, museums, Millennium, burbs where friends are living.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:42 PM   #175
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Depends on what you havent seen. As far as restaurants, this trip in particular will serve as fine-ish dining/nightlife discovery. In trips past we burned ourselves out doing 13-14 hour days and missing everything after dark. Zoo, aquarium, museums, Millennium, burbs where friends are living.
I saw quite a bit of Evanston for that wedding (an area I thought was lovely), but she's not really interested in that. As for Chicago, I basically saw the inside of several restaurants/bars during training (a few of which are still around...Rockit's, Harry Caray's), but that's about it. I know for sure I wanna hit Buddy Guy's blues joint and the big silver bean thingy (cheesy I know, but still)...

Old 08-21-2015, 10:05 AM   #176
Mitch

We're taking my son up to visit Syracuse Univ. in the middle of next week. But we're also toting along my 2 younger daughters (12, 5). Anyone familiar with upstate/central NY know if along the route back home from Syracuse (back down to NYC area) if there's any state parks, amusement parks, etc. that we could hit up on the way back home. And if anyone familiar with Syracuse has any input on restaurants, etc., please let me know. We're staying at the Sheraton which appears to be right across from campus.
Old 08-21-2015, 01:23 PM   #177
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
We're taking my son up to visit Syracuse Univ. in the middle of next week. But we're also toting along my 2 younger daughters (12, 5). Anyone familiar with upstate/central NY know if along the route back home from Syracuse (back down to NYC area) if there's any state parks, amusement parks, etc. that we could hit up on the way back home. And if anyone familiar with Syracuse has any input on restaurants, etc., please let me know. We're staying at the Sheraton which appears to be right across from campus.
There's dick-all nothing from Syracuse to Middletown, NY, unless you count Binghamton as a sight to behold. Unless you find something in the Hudson Valley, you'd better be prepared for a huge alphabet game.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 01:45 PM   #178
Mitch

good to know, thanks
Old 09-01-2015, 08:28 AM   #179
RageATL
The Dude abides

Headed to Chicago for a few days this weekend on some super cheap plane tickets...suggestions on the best deep dish pizza???

Old 09-01-2015, 08:44 AM   #180
Jayes

Quote:
Headed to Chicago for a few days this weekend on some super cheap plane tickets...suggestions on the best deep dish pizza???
Giordano's is pretty awesome

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc