These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2015, 08:53 AM   #181
RageATL
The Dude abides
 
RageATL's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
Giordano's is pretty awesome
Thanks for the recommendation, that came up in my search. Ever been to Lou Malnati's or Pequod's?

[Only registered users can see links.]
__________________
*
*
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:18 AM   #182
mja271
 
mja271's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 8,853
Never been to Chicago, definitely a must for me down the road.

So far this year I've spent time in Las Vegas, Boca Raton, Bermuda, Philadelphia and Hampton Beach (NH). Got a week at a lake house in Maine after Labor Day that I've excited for.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
Paul Bearer was Kane's father, but not Undertaker's. Taker killed his parents in a funeral home fire, but Bearer knocked up Undertaker's mom with Kane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:41 AM   #183
sean52692
You failed this band
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 17,473
Definitely do Lou Malnati's over Giordanos. Pequod's is tasty, as well, but Lou Malnati's has always been my favorite.
__________________
Do the jerk baby
Do the jerk now
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 11:43 AM   #184
RageATL
The Dude abides
 
RageATL's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
Definitely do Lou Malnati's over Giordanos. Pequod's is tasty, as well, but Lou Malnati's has always been my favorite.
Awesome, thanks for the info!
__________________
*
*
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 12:43 PM   #185
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 28,749
Fuuuuuuck me, I booked a flight from Philly to Miami on 9/26 leaving at 10:30am. The Pope is coming to Philly on 9/26.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 12:46 PM   #186
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things
 
Jayes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,782
Whoops sorry man
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 12:52 PM   #187
JimBeam41
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Fuuuuuuck me, I booked a flight from Philly to Miami on 9/26 leaving at 10:30am. The Pope is coming to Philly on 9/26.
Damn, i'd try to reschedule, city is going to be on lock down that weekend. Call the airline and explain the situation, hopefully they don't charge you
__________________
- Joe -
JimBeam41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 01:13 PM   #188
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 28,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
Damn, i'd try to reschedule, city is going to be on lock down that weekend. Call the airline and explain the situation, hopefully they don't charge you
I also booked a hotel on Miami Beach and the rental car already. I'm an idiot, I thought he'd be there the weekend before, didn't realize.

My plan now is to leave home around 5am and hope to get to the airport parking lot around 7:30am.....then get through security and hit the bar for an hour or two before my 10:30am flight. I'd be taking 476S to 95N which I hope isn't a disaster at 7am.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 01:37 PM   #189
celluloid hero
 
celluloid hero's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 9,576
I wouldn't cancel an entire trip because of the potential of the Pope flying in at the same time you're leaving. They might not fly into PHL.

That said, PHL is a shitshow every day of the week and god forbid it's not 70 degrees and cloudless.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 01:55 PM   #190
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 28,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
I wouldn't cancel an entire trip because of the potential of the Pope flying in at the same time you're leaving. They might not fly into PHL.

That said, PHL is a shitshow every day of the week and god forbid it's not 70 degrees and cloudless.
Yeah, they said he's flying into a private jet hangar/terminal section of PHL, but his first scheduled event isn't until 4:30PM, so I'm hoping to be long gone by then. That said, they're closing down I-76 and I-676 late Friday night, and I'm hoping I-476S and I-95N isn't a shitshow at 7am when I plan on passing through to get to the economy lot.

Also considered booking a hotel in Philly fri>sat or a 1-way flight to PHL from Scranton, PA for that morning. Both options are nonsensically expensive because of the Pope.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:42 PM   #191
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 13,484
You see, organized religion ruins everything!



(to any potential TDC religious freaks, it's just a joke. Kind of)
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:38 PM   #192
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 16,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
I wouldn't cancel an entire trip because of the potential of the Pope flying in at the same time you're leaving. They might not fly into PHL.
You would be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Yeah, they said he's flying into a private jet hangar/terminal section of PHL, but his first scheduled event isn't until 4:30PM, so I'm hoping to be long gone by then. That said, they're closing down I-76 and I-676 late Friday night, and I'm hoping I-476S and I-95N isn't a shitshow at 7am when I plan on passing through to get to the economy lot.

Also considered booking a hotel in Philly fri>sat or a 1-way flight to PHL from Scranton, PA for that morning. Both options are nonsensically expensive because of the Pope.

Jason you should book a hotel in Delaware somewhere for Friday night. It will be nearly impossible to get across the city on Saturday from North to South and completely impossible to cross east to west.

At 10pm Friday night, I-76 (the Schuykill) and I676 (Vine Street) and the Ben Franklin Bridge will be closed to all traffic. Thus I-95 is going to be a complete disaster by Saturday morning.


How bad is it? The Flyers rescheduled a preseason game two hours earlier Friday night and are giving out free concessions to try to get people to brave the traffic.
Go stay somewhere cheap in Delaware, as close as you can afford to get to the airport. Traffic will be much easier trying to drive at the city than across the city will be.

Also you may want to prepay parking to reserve a space since Septa won't be running to take people to the airport all weekend there will be many more cars parked there.

I have a wedding on Saturday night at the Ripken Stadium north of Baltimore right on I-95 there. We're going to leave Friday afternoon and stay at a cousin's house in South Jersey that night so that Saturday we can take 295 and pick up I95 down in south delaware, avoiding philly altogether.

Also, keep checking hotel prices, there are lots and lots of empty rooms still so prices should start to come down.
__________________

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 08:53 AM   #193
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 28,749
Good tips....I booked a priceline 'Pay When You Stay' deal in Kennett Square with free cancellation up to 9/23, so I'm going to try to find something cheaper/closer up 'til then.

I don't see an option for pre-paying for economy airport parking, any other tips there?
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:43 AM   #194
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 16,146
Sorry, yeah, if you can reserve it'll have to be one of the off site parking locations.

I don't know much more or which ones to trust because I live two blocks from the regional rail that turns into the airport line so we always take the train to the airport.

Fyi, lower Merion school district today announced they are closing all day on that Friday due to the pope causing roads to be closed out in the fucking suburbs. It's insane.
__________________

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:45 AM   #195
celluloid hero
 
celluloid hero's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 9,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
You would be wrong.
Let's just come to an agreement to stop replying to each other's posts. Ignored posts are annoying, I don't want to keep ignoring and unignoring you. Can we just pretend that neither of us exist to each other, no matter how wrong I think you are or how wrong you think I am?

After all, I said they "might not." We have an airport in Cincinnati that celebs fly into. I wasn't being specific saying they would not. You replied like that because you always reply to my posts like that. You live in Philly, I've flown through Philly 30 times this year alone, I'm not entirely ignorant of Philly airport. There wasn't any need to be a dick. Everyone here including you and I are better off this way.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:51 AM   #196
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 28,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
Let's just come to an agreement to stop replying to each other's posts. Ignored posts are annoying, I don't want to keep ignoring and unignoring you. Can we just pretend that neither of us exist to each other, no matter how wrong I think you are or how wrong you think I am?


Pretty sure he's talking about the airport and that you're wrong 'cause it's confirmed he's flying into PHL.

Everyone needs to just back of the 'Mario's a dick' train....I mean, sometimes he is....but then again, sometimes I am. His reputation preceeds him around here and sometimes (not always) it's unwarranted.

Let's all just breathe and hold hands and wait for the Pope.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:53 AM   #197
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 28,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Sorry, yeah, if you can reserve it'll have to be one of the off site parking locations.

I don't know much more or which ones to trust because I live two blocks from the regional rail that turns into the airport line so we always take the train to the airport.

Fyi, lower Merion school district today announced they are closing all day on that Friday due to the pope causing roads to be closed out in the fucking suburbs. It's insane.
Yeah, I'm thinking of leaving the Wilkes-Barre area for Kennett Sq. (if that's the hotel I end up with) at 6pm or so on Friday night, get there when I get there, then leaving the hotel by 7-7:30am or so, assuming it'll take me an hour or so to get up to the airport. Flight departs at 10:30am on Frontier. Argh.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:00 AM   #198
celluloid hero
 
celluloid hero's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 9,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post


Pretty sure he's talking about the airport and that you're wrong 'cause it's confirmed he's flying into PHL.

Everyone needs to just back of the 'Mario's a dick' train....I mean, sometimes he is....but then again, sometimes I am. His reputation preceeds him around here and sometimes (not always) it's unwarranted.

Let's all just breathe and hold hands and wait for the Pope.
I'm not making my comments based on reputation. I'm basing it off of every single interaction that I have had for the last two years. My solution is a good one and personal to he and I. So fuck all that.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:15 AM   #199
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 28,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
I'm not making my comments based on reputation. I'm basing it off of every single interaction that I have had for the last two years. My solution is a good one and personal to he and I. So fuck all that.
Valid.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 01:07 PM   #200
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 16,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
Let's just come to an agreement to stop replying to each other's posts. Ignored posts are annoying, I don't want to keep ignoring and unignoring you. Can we just pretend that neither of us exist to each other, no matter how wrong I think you are or how wrong you think I am?

After all, I said they "might not." We have an airport in Cincinnati that celebs fly into. I wasn't being specific saying they would not. You replied like that because you always reply to my posts like that. You live in Philly, I've flown through Philly 30 times this year alone, I'm not entirely ignorant of Philly airport. There wasn't any need to be a dick. Everyone here including you and I are better off this way.
Or you could just not post when you don't know what you're talking about. This whole pope thing is an enormous region wide disaster. Jason is absolutely correct to have actively avoided it, but he screwed up reading the calendar and now he's fucked. You pooh poohing it is just bad advice
__________________

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.08527 seconds with 16 queries