Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2015, 08:53 AM   #181
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
Giordano's is pretty awesome
Thanks for the recommendation, that came up in my search. Ever been to Lou Malnati's or Pequod's?

[Only registered users can see links.]

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:18 AM   #182
mja271

Never been to Chicago, definitely a must for me down the road.

So far this year I've spent time in Las Vegas, Boca Raton, Bermuda, Philadelphia and Hampton Beach (NH). Got a week at a lake house in Maine after Labor Day that I've excited for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:41 AM   #183
sean52692
You failed this band

Definitely do Lou Malnati's over Giordanos. Pequod's is tasty, as well, but Lou Malnati's has always been my favorite.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:43 AM   #184
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
Definitely do Lou Malnati's over Giordanos. Pequod's is tasty, as well, but Lou Malnati's has always been my favorite.
Awesome, thanks for the info!

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 12:43 PM   #185
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Fuuuuuuck me, I booked a flight from Philly to Miami on 9/26 leaving at 10:30am. The Pope is coming to Philly on 9/26.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 12:46 PM   #186
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Whoops sorry man
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 12:52 PM   #187
JimBeam41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Fuuuuuuck me, I booked a flight from Philly to Miami on 9/26 leaving at 10:30am. The Pope is coming to Philly on 9/26.
Damn, i'd try to reschedule, city is going to be on lock down that weekend. Call the airline and explain the situation, hopefully they don't charge you
Old 09-01-2015, 01:13 PM   #188
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
Damn, i'd try to reschedule, city is going to be on lock down that weekend. Call the airline and explain the situation, hopefully they don't charge you
I also booked a hotel on Miami Beach and the rental car already. I'm an idiot, I thought he'd be there the weekend before, didn't realize.

My plan now is to leave home around 5am and hope to get to the airport parking lot around 7:30am.....then get through security and hit the bar for an hour or two before my 10:30am flight. I'd be taking 476S to 95N which I hope isn't a disaster at 7am.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 09-01-2015, 01:37 PM   #189
celluloid hero

I wouldn't cancel an entire trip because of the potential of the Pope flying in at the same time you're leaving. They might not fly into PHL.

That said, PHL is a shitshow every day of the week and god forbid it's not 70 degrees and cloudless.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 01:55 PM   #190
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Quote:
I wouldn't cancel an entire trip because of the potential of the Pope flying in at the same time you're leaving. They might not fly into PHL.

That said, PHL is a shitshow every day of the week and god forbid it's not 70 degrees and cloudless.
Yeah, they said he's flying into a private jet hangar/terminal section of PHL, but his first scheduled event isn't until 4:30PM, so I'm hoping to be long gone by then. That said, they're closing down I-76 and I-676 late Friday night, and I'm hoping I-476S and I-95N isn't a shitshow at 7am when I plan on passing through to get to the economy lot.

Also considered booking a hotel in Philly fri>sat or a 1-way flight to PHL from Scranton, PA for that morning. Both options are nonsensically expensive because of the Pope.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 09-01-2015, 07:42 PM   #191
Mitch

You see, organized religion ruins everything!

(to any potential TDC religious freaks, it's just a joke. Kind of)
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:38 PM   #192
mario

Quote:
You would be wrong.

Quote:
Yeah, they said he's flying into a private jet hangar/terminal section of PHL, but his first scheduled event isn't until 4:30PM, so I'm hoping to be long gone by then. That said, they're closing down I-76 and I-676 late Friday night, and I'm hoping I-476S and I-95N isn't a shitshow at 7am when I plan on passing through to get to the economy lot.

Also considered booking a hotel in Philly fri>sat or a 1-way flight to PHL from Scranton, PA for that morning. Both options are nonsensically expensive because of the Pope.

Jason you should book a hotel in Delaware somewhere for Friday night. It will be nearly impossible to get across the city on Saturday from North to South and completely impossible to cross east to west.

At 10pm Friday night, I-76 (the Schuykill) and I676 (Vine Street) and the Ben Franklin Bridge will be closed to all traffic. Thus I-95 is going to be a complete disaster by Saturday morning.

How bad is it? The Flyers rescheduled a preseason game two hours earlier Friday night and are giving out free concessions to try to get people to brave the traffic.
Go stay somewhere cheap in Delaware, as close as you can afford to get to the airport. Traffic will be much easier trying to drive at the city than across the city will be.

Also you may want to prepay parking to reserve a space since Septa won't be running to take people to the airport all weekend there will be many more cars parked there.

I have a wedding on Saturday night at the Ripken Stadium north of Baltimore right on I-95 there. We're going to leave Friday afternoon and stay at a cousin's house in South Jersey that night so that Saturday we can take 295 and pick up I95 down in south delaware, avoiding philly altogether.

Also, keep checking hotel prices, there are lots and lots of empty rooms still so prices should start to come down.

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 08:53 AM   #193
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Good tips....I booked a priceline 'Pay When You Stay' deal in Kennett Square with free cancellation up to 9/23, so I'm going to try to find something cheaper/closer up 'til then.

I don't see an option for pre-paying for economy airport parking, any other tips there?
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 09-02-2015, 09:43 AM   #194
mario

Sorry, yeah, if you can reserve it'll have to be one of the off site parking locations.

I don't know much more or which ones to trust because I live two blocks from the regional rail that turns into the airport line so we always take the train to the airport.

Fyi, lower Merion school district today announced they are closing all day on that Friday due to the pope causing roads to be closed out in the fucking suburbs. It's insane.

Old 09-02-2015, 09:45 AM   #195
celluloid hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
You would be wrong.
Let's just come to an agreement to stop replying to each other's posts. Ignored posts are annoying, I don't want to keep ignoring and unignoring you. Can we just pretend that neither of us exist to each other, no matter how wrong I think you are or how wrong you think I am?

After all, I said they "might not." We have an airport in Cincinnati that celebs fly into. I wasn't being specific saying they would not. You replied like that because you always reply to my posts like that. You live in Philly, I've flown through Philly 30 times this year alone, I'm not entirely ignorant of Philly airport. There wasn't any need to be a dick. Everyone here including you and I are better off this way.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:51 AM   #196
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Quote:
Let's just come to an agreement to stop replying to each other's posts. Ignored posts are annoying, I don't want to keep ignoring and unignoring you. Can we just pretend that neither of us exist to each other, no matter how wrong I think you are or how wrong you think I am?

Pretty sure he's talking about the airport and that you're wrong 'cause it's confirmed he's flying into PHL.

Everyone needs to just back of the 'Mario's a dick' train....I mean, sometimes he is....but then again, sometimes I am. His reputation preceeds him around here and sometimes (not always) it's unwarranted.

Let's all just breathe and hold hands and wait for the Pope.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 09-02-2015, 09:53 AM   #197
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Sorry, yeah, if you can reserve it'll have to be one of the off site parking locations.

I don't know much more or which ones to trust because I live two blocks from the regional rail that turns into the airport line so we always take the train to the airport.

Fyi, lower Merion school district today announced they are closing all day on that Friday due to the pope causing roads to be closed out in the fucking suburbs. It's insane.
Yeah, I'm thinking of leaving the Wilkes-Barre area for Kennett Sq. (if that's the hotel I end up with) at 6pm or so on Friday night, get there when I get there, then leaving the hotel by 7-7:30am or so, assuming it'll take me an hour or so to get up to the airport. Flight departs at 10:30am on Frontier. Argh.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 09-02-2015, 10:00 AM   #198
celluloid hero

Quote:

Pretty sure he's talking about the airport and that you're wrong 'cause it's confirmed he's flying into PHL.

Everyone needs to just back of the 'Mario's a dick' train....I mean, sometimes he is....but then again, sometimes I am. His reputation preceeds him around here and sometimes (not always) it's unwarranted.

Let's all just breathe and hold hands and wait for the Pope.
I'm not making my comments based on reputation. I'm basing it off of every single interaction that I have had for the last two years. My solution is a good one and personal to he and I. So fuck all that.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:15 AM   #199
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Quote:
I'm not making my comments based on reputation. I'm basing it off of every single interaction that I have had for the last two years. My solution is a good one and personal to he and I. So fuck all that.
Valid.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 09-02-2015, 01:07 PM   #200
mario

Quote:

After all, I said they "might not." We have an airport in Cincinnati that celebs fly into. I wasn't being specific saying they would not. You replied like that because you always reply to my posts like that. You live in Philly, I've flown through Philly 30 times this year alone, I'm not entirely ignorant of Philly airport. There wasn't any need to be a dick. Everyone here including you and I are better off this way.
Or you could just not post when you don't know what you're talking about. This whole pope thing is an enormous region wide disaster. Jason is absolutely correct to have actively avoided it, but he screwed up reading the calendar and now he's fucked. You pooh poohing it is just bad advice

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc