These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2018, 06:15 AM   #81
SeekUpAB
 
SeekUpAB's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvisser View Post
He threw 2 after the set closer
Must've been a longer run to the bus than usual.

Meh set, but the end run from Captain on looks pretty strong. Early BOWA is nice, but should've opened.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod! View Post
this isn't #dMbFaMiLy level shit. there's a whole spectrum of middle ground in between family and SeekUpAB
SeekUpAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:55 AM   #82
deedisdone81
Bite My Dick Motherfucker!
 
deedisdone81's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 17,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanbb11 View Post
Cause Carter ran off without throwing a single stick. That show was so fucking bad.
Yeah i noticed that too. What was up with that, definitely out of the norm for him
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR DEAN KARR View Post
I've been known to pimp a few ho's
deedisdone81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 07:41 AM   #83
Tomacco
 
Tomacco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 21,643
Encore was supposed to be:
Watchtower
Ants
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 07:52 AM   #84
kvisser
 
kvisser's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Niagara, ON
Posts: 1,019
6-27-18 Set Picks/Discussion (Darien Lake Performing Arts Center | Darien Lake, NY)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
Encore was supposed to be:
Watchtower
Ants


Ugh seriously - would’ve been nice.
That being said - the new trading solos ending to Ants was awesome.

You goin to TO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Long Live The Bridge

Shows Attended:
08.10.01, 04.19.02, 07.20.02, 06.20.03, 09.03.03, 06.30.04, 07.27.05, 12.04.05, 06.13.06, 06.14.06, 06.17.08, 06.18.08, 05.27.09,
06.09.09, 06.01.10, 06.02.10, 07.06.10 (D+T), 11.02.10, 06.02.12, 07.03.12, 12.07.12, 05.28.13, 07.03.13, 06.11.14, 06.24.14,
07.21.15, 07.06.16 (D+T), 07.19.16.
kvisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 08:04 AM   #85
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 28,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
Encore was supposed to be:
Watchtower
Ants
Assuming Howard Stern reminded him about Watchtower.

Would actually love to see that open a show one day.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 08:11 AM   #86
SeekUpAB
 
SeekUpAB's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,290
It was interesting how Stern mentioned Watchtower being a staple and Dave was like "well we haven't played it in a little while."
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod! View Post
this isn't #dMbFaMiLy level shit. there's a whole spectrum of middle ground in between family and SeekUpAB
SeekUpAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 08:16 AM   #87
Rowsdower
TIMING FREE!
 
Rowsdower's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,832
The tour is almost half over, so I feel comfortable saying this; this tour is kind of lame.
__________________
-Jeff
Rowsdower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:08 AM   #88
DMBCLSTJ
 
DMBCLSTJ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post
The tour is almost half over, so I feel comfortable saying this; this tour is kind of lame.
Should have saw that coming setlist wise (New band member, album tour). The performances are not lame though.
__________________
Originally Posted by Jayes
If he just lays down two full elbow chords loudly over the entirety of That Girl Is You, he wins the band.
DMBCLSTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:10 AM   #89
NewAgedNerd
 
NewAgedNerd's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 318
Yeah overall the sets have been kinda blah, I saw one show (ATL) early on, and other than a couple CT songs I don't feel like I'm missing out on too much.

Wouldn't mind doing one more though because the performances have been pretty great. The band sounded the best I've heard them since I started going to shows (2010) when I saw them.
NewAgedNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:13 AM   #90
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 13,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBCLSTJ View Post
Should have saw that coming setlist wise (New band member, album tour). The performances are not lame though.
I haven't listened to much at all yet, but that seems to be the take. So it seems like people should be happy with it. Unless you're going to multiple shows, which you have yourself to blame if you're doing that for 2018 DMB, then why care so much about the set diversity. If I was only seeing my one show this year (seeing none, though), I'd be happy that they're sounding good and really not give a fuck about the similarity of the set to other shows that I'm not at.
__________________
"I'm in full jerk right now, catch you later." - BT
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 12:22 PM   #91
NewAgedNerd
 
NewAgedNerd's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 318
Yeah at this point DMB is a 2 show per summer max type band. As long as they play well and play sets with mostly good songs (which imo they are doing) I'm okay.
NewAgedNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 02:56 PM   #92
DMBCLSTJ
 
DMBCLSTJ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
I haven't listened to much at all yet, but that seems to be the take. So it seems like people should be happy with it. Unless you're going to multiple shows, which you have yourself to blame if you're doing that for 2018 DMB, then why care so much about the set diversity. If I was only seeing my one show this year (seeing none, though), I'd be happy that they're sounding good and really not give a fuck about the similarity of the set to other shows that I'm not at.
I'm not even going to one this year, but would have loved to catch a show.
__________________
Originally Posted by Jayes
If he just lays down two full elbow chords loudly over the entirety of That Girl Is You, he wins the band.
DMBCLSTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:40 PM   #93
deedisdone81
Bite My Dick Motherfucker!
 
deedisdone81's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 17,901
I still wish i could make it to a show this year even though the setlists have not varied much
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRECTOR DEAN KARR View Post
I've been known to pimp a few ho's
deedisdone81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:31 AM   #94
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 28,216
Just curious, anyone tape this one? I remember Darien being a rarity as far as copies of the show go.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:25 AM   #95
celluloid hero
 
celluloid hero's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 9,522
yes, I believe it was.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:28 PM   #96
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 28,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
yes, I believe it was.
Good stuff!
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 05:04 PM   #97
willndmb
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 4,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBCLSTJ View Post
Should have saw that coming setlist wise (New band member, album tour). The performances are not lame though.
Some performances are good and some suck imo
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.07655 seconds with 18 queries