These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2018, 03:23 PM   #1081
mjf
bkdkdkddbkdkdkddbkdkdkdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
So just to level set, for a tour, I know they'll do different sets in the same city, but I am seeing them on a Wednesday in Cincy and a Thursday in Pittsburgh. Should I expect the same shows? I guess time will tell, obviously. But just in general.
Not same, but not nearly as varied as DMB. It's varied enough that I have no problem seeing them a bunch this tour, because the repeats are going to be songs I don't mind being repeated.

I gotta admit though... not to be a fanboy, but there's maybe 2-3 RH songs I don't like and they don't ever get played
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 03:42 PM   #1082
celluloid hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf View Post
Not same, but not nearly as varied as DMB. It's varied enough that I have no problem seeing them a bunch this tour, because the repeats are going to be songs I don't mind being repeated.

I gotta admit though... not to be a fanboy, but there's maybe 2-3 RH songs I don't like and they don't ever get played
I've gotten to the age of "Be a fanboy about whatever of whoever you want no matter how widely accepted or panned it is."

That said, it's my first two shows, with different cities, seat partners, seat locations (floor vs. side stage), etc. I couldn't possibly care less what they play each night, just curious. I will not look at setlists before my first one in Cincy. Will probably stay out of this thread until after this first one once the tour starts.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 04:24 PM   #1083
mjf
bkdkdkddbkdkdkddbkdkdkdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
I've gotten to the age of "Be a fanboy about whatever of whoever you want no matter how widely accepted or panned it is."

That said, it's my first two shows, with different cities, seat partners, seat locations (floor vs. side stage), etc. I couldn't possibly care less what they play each night, just curious. I will not look at setlists before my first one in Cincy. Will probably stay out of this thread until after this first one once the tour starts.

Definitely do not look. They are very predictable with their opening songs. Then there's a chunk of songs you more or less are gonna get at every show or two, and then a chunk that varies. Encores vary.

So while it's not as varied as DMB per say, imagine if we only got to see DMB every few years... hearing 41, Two Step, Jimi Thing, etc at every show wouldn't be something we complain about!

Enjoy the shows man, let us know what you think
Old 06-25-2018, 08:13 PM   #1084
TDunk

[Only registered users can see links.]
TDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:32 PM   #1085
mjf
bkdkdkddbkdkdkddbkdkdkdd

These fucking sets are out of this world. I wish I hadn't looked. Philly can't come quick enough
Old 07-13-2018, 10:58 PM   #1086
Tomacco

Yeah. But the whole Daydreaming / Ful Stop (and sometimes Desert Island Disk) openings are old now. Those two songs have been starting shows for two years now.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 06:59 AM   #1087
gweeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
Yeah. But the whole Daydreaming / Ful Stop (and sometimes Desert Island Disk) openings are old now. Those two songs have been starting shows for two years now.
They varied things up a bit last year, putting Daydreaming in an encore a couple of times. Opened with Let Down instead.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 10:03 AM   #1088
TDunk

Yeah I don't need to hear daydreaming anymore at shows but if I have to hear it I'll take it opening. And Ful Stop is fucking great right after it.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:05 AM   #1089
Tomacco

Unpopular opinion, but I’m not really a Daydreaming fan. It’s a haunting song and all, but I dunno what mood I have to be in to want to hear it.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:24 AM   #1090
gweeps

Quote:
Unpopular opinion, but Iím not really a Daydreaming fan. Itís a haunting song and all, but I dunno what mood I have to be in to want to hear it.
General resignation.
Old 07-14-2018, 12:25 PM   #1091
.Gary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
General resignation.
I was gonna say feel like the mother of your children died but
.Gary. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 08:59 PM   #1092
gweeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Gary. View Post
I was gonna say feel like the mother of your children died but
Yeah, I think it may be inspired by Rachel being hospitalized with the cancer that eventually killed her.

the white room by the window
where the sun comes through
Old 07-19-2018, 11:39 PM   #1093
Tomacco

Just got back from night 1 in Toronto. I felt the first handful of songs started things off on the gloomier/mellower end than I would've preferred for my first show in ages. Daydreaming / Ful Stop / Myxomatosis / Morning Bell / All I Need / Videotape / The Gloaming.
Generally not my favorite crop of live RH songs, personally (good but not faves).

But then came:

No Surprises
Airbag
Where I End and You Begin
Bloom
Feral (I don't like this much, but 3 minutes, whatever)
The Numbers
Like Spinning Plates
Weird Fishes
Bodysnatchers
Street Spirit

Whew. That was an amazing run, wow. The first encore was great too (2 + 2 =5 / Nude / Lotus Flower / Identikit / The Tourist). My first time hearing The Tourist live, which was fantastic.

The last encore (EIIRP / Idioteque / Karma Police) was fine. Nothing special. Thom asked for a moment of silence for the drum tech that was killed here 6 years ago. 98% of us complied happily. But in a silent arena, there's always going to be assholes breaking the silence with screaming, which just led to others screaming SHUT THE FUCK UP! It was kind of embarrassing overall. But the band seemed to appreciate the rest of the arena's respect.

Hoping for Desert Island Disk, My Iron Lung, Optimistic, Lucky, 15 Step, Spectre, The Bends, and a bunch of others tomorrow.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:22 AM   #1094
.Gary.

Quote:
Just got back from night 1 in Toronto. I felt the first handful of songs started things off on the gloomier/mellower end than I would've preferred for my first show in ages. Daydreaming / Ful Stop / Myxomatosis / Morning Bell / All I Need / Videotape / The Gloaming.
Generally not my favorite crop of live RH songs, personally (good but not faves).

But then came:

No Surprises
Airbag
Where I End and You Begin
Bloom
Feral (I don't like this much, but 3 minutes, whatever)
The Numbers
Like Spinning Plates
Weird Fishes
Bodysnatchers
Street Spirit

Whew. That was an amazing run, wow. The first encore was great too (2 + 2 =5 / Nude / Lotus Flower / Identikit / The Tourist). My first time hearing The Tourist live, which was fantastic.

The last encore (EIIRP / Idioteque / Karma Police) was fine. Nothing special. Thom asked for a moment of silence for the drum tech that was killed here 6 years ago. 98% of us complied happily. But in a silent arena, there's always going to be assholes breaking the silence with screaming, which just led to others screaming SHUT THE FUCK UP! It was kind of embarrassing overall. But the band seemed to appreciate the rest of the arena's respect.

Hoping for Desert Island Disk, My Iron Lung, Optimistic, Lucky, 15 Step, Spectre, The Bends, and a bunch of others tomorrow.
The start to RH shows this tour has been very slow and plodding. If you're not in a good part of the crowd, it can easily become a tough show to follow.

I saw them at MSG last week. It's gonna sound weird, but I was just kinda meh about the whole thing. Section I was in sucked and didn't get into it whatsoever. I get it, it's Radiohead, not the Dead, but for Christ's sake MOVE a little bit and get into the music. Thankfully I've seen them live for years now and this wasn't my first show.
.Gary. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 10:41 AM   #1095
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Gary. View Post
The start to RH shows this tour has been very slow and plodding. If you're not in a good part of the crowd, it can easily become a tough show to follow.

I saw them at MSG last week. It's gonna sound weird, but I was just kinda meh about the whole thing. Section I was in sucked and didn't get into it whatsoever. I get it, it's Radiohead, not the Dead, but for Christ's sake MOVE a little bit and get into the music. Thankfully I've seen them live for years now and this wasn't my first show.
I was on the floor, so crowd was great for me. But I looked around the arena and saw most of the crowd was sitting for the first few songs, which was a bit unexpected. But I get it. All I Need, Videotape, Daydreaming and The Gloaming aren't gonna make you get up and cut a rug. They need to play stuff like 15 Step, Just, Airbag, etc in the 3 or 4 slot to inject some less morose energy earlier in the set.
Old 07-21-2018, 01:30 PM   #1096
Tomacco

Well, night 2 blew night 1 out of the water. Holy shit. I got just about everything I wanted and then some. What a set:

Daydreaming
Desert Island Disk
Ful Stop
15 Step
Lucky
Kid A
Burn the Witch
Pyramid Song
Spectre
Let Down
My Iron Lung
I Might Be Wrong
Bloom
Reckoner
You and Whose Army?
The National Anthem
How to Disappear Completely
Exit Music
There There
Old 07-22-2018, 11:53 PM   #1097
TDunk

Ooh you did very well hopefully they throw me a bone in Columbus

Unlikely I know
Old 07-23-2018, 09:11 AM   #1098
celluloid hero

I keep seeing this thread topped and it's killing me. I haven't looked at any sets, and going to my first two shows Wednesday and Thursday. I just scrolled to the bottom blindly to whine about it.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 10:09 PM   #1099
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDunk View Post
Ooh you did very well hopefully they throw me a bone in Columbus

Unlikely I know
Looks like the bone was thrown. Similar to Toronto night 2, for sure. Nice.
Old 07-24-2018, 03:11 PM   #1100
TDunk

Quote:
Looks like the bone was thrown. Similar to Toronto night 2, for sure. Nice.
Oh hell yes the set was perfect for me

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc