These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2018, 12:12 PM   #761
ggies
Sugar Will '04

With all the shit show media stuff surrounding Tesla, I found this hilarious.

ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 08:32 AM   #762
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Yeah buddy! Knew this would happen, but nice to have official word on the topic.

[Only registered users can see links.]

Quote:
Tesla achieved the same impressive results in the Model S and Model X.

Now the automaker is repeating the achievement in the less expensive Model 3.

The Model 3 achieved an overall 5-star safety rating, but it also achieved the top score in each category and subcategory.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:19 PM   #763
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Old 09-21-2018, 04:28 PM   #764
gweeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggies View Post
This guy rocks. Thanks for posting this.

He's right, of course. If you think the Earth is flat, that's fine. But you should probably not have a job that requires you to know that it isn't.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 10:00 AM   #765
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Exxon (oil market), Climate Change, Tesla

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post

He's right, of course. If you think the Earth is flat, that's fine. But you should probably not have a job that requires you to know that it isn't.

It just scares me to know that people who stray from objective facts THAT FAR are basically as damaging as organized religion. Once you believe your dumbass ideas beyond a certain point and in great enough numbers, you are hurting the democracy. Not that you could KNOW that; you’re a dumbass. (Using the indefinite “you” here, folks. Don’t be stupid )
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 01:27 PM   #766
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post

Yep! And you are welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
It just scares me to know that people who stray from objective facts THAT FAR are basically as damaging as organized religion. Once you believe your dumbass ideas beyond a certain point and in great enough numbers, you are hurting the democracy. Not that you could KNOW that; you’re a dumbass. (Using the indefinite “you” here, folks. Don’t be stupid )
I concur.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:29 PM   #767
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Awesome fan made Tesla ad....gave me chills at the end.

Old 09-24-2018, 08:15 PM   #768
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Saw someone else share this, loved it, so I'm sharing it now.

Old 09-25-2018, 10:09 AM   #769
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Soon, another one will bite the dust....

Quote:
American Electric Power (AEP) will retire its 680 MW Oklaunion coal plant in 2020 because it cannot compete with cheaper power from gas and renewables, the utility announced Thursday.
Old 09-25-2018, 07:37 PM   #770
ggies
Sugar Will '04

I want to show another example of what stable pricing does when you travel on electricity. This is from a new Tesla Model 3 owner:

Quote:
I received my first 30 day electric bill after taking delivery of my AWD NPM3. I used 835 kWh of additional power over the same month last year since I am charging at home. Average Temperatures were almost identical so I don't think I used any more AC than last period. My monthly cost rose $78.90 since I have been using the M3. I have used the supercharger once for a cost of $7.00. So total power cost is $85.90 to drive my M3 for the past 30 days.

I have driven 2065 miles in the past 30 days. I am figuring gasoline at a cost of $3.00 per gallon (I live in Indiana!) while averaging 20 mpg with my former Cadillac CTS AWD. I would have had to purchase 103.25 gallons of gas at a cost of $309.75 to drive the equivalent number of miles.

So I figure I am saving roughly $223.85 per month by charging my M3 at home rather than having to purchase gasoline for my former ICE Cadillac. This is an estimated yearly savings of $2686.20!
Old 09-27-2018, 12:26 PM   #771
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Our nation is failing at leading in this endeavor. We need an intelligent leader who believes in science and will move us in the right direction for future generations. Trump must go.

Quote:
The world’s governments are “nowhere near on track” to meet their commitment to avoid global warming of more than 1.5C above the pre-industrial period, according to an author of a key UN report that will outline the dangers of breaching this limit.
Quote:
“While it’s technically possible, it’s extremely improbable, absent a real sea change in the way we evaluate risk. We are nowhere near that.”
Quote:
Lissner said a world beyond 1.5C warming meant the Arctic would be ice-free in summer, around half of land-based creatures would be severely affected and deadly heatwaves would become far more common. “0.5C makes quite a big difference,” she said.
Old 09-27-2018, 08:26 PM   #772
ggies
Sugar Will '04

For those wondering about the SEC suing Elon - it's bullshit.

3 reasons:

1) Saudi Arabia Fund had 5% already in the stock and wanted to take the company private a few days before Elon Tweeted

2) Within a week of the tweet, Elon said he had another source of funding and help from Silver Lake and Goldman Sachs to present it to the board

3) Part of the complaint from the SEC is that Elon tweeted to manipulate the stock price - this is wrong for two reasons:

A) the stock never got above $380 when the price was set for $420
B) it never got to $420 because the next few days the market pushed the price down because they did not believe Elon would take the company private.

This all reeks of desperation and is irresponsible on the SEC. They say a CEO that runs a public company shouldn't lie, but yet everyone keeps letting the fucking president lie out of his ass.

Funny the way life is............
Old 09-28-2018, 04:15 AM   #773
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Newsflash, the SEC is useless. But Tesla is fucked. Musk was an idiot to tweet that. He thought he was being clever trying to squeeze out the shorts, but even me the novice knew immediately that the SEC would come knocking.

Musk will likely be forced out of Tesla. It’s already near collapse, what the hell will they do without CEO? I really hope Tesla succeeds but it’s looking ugly
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 07:23 AM   #774
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
Newsflash, the SEC is useless. But Tesla is fucked. Musk was an idiot to tweet that. He thought he was being clever trying to squeeze out the shorts, but even me the novice knew immediately that the SEC would come knocking.

Musk will likely be forced out of Tesla. It’s already near collapse, what the hell will they do without CEO? I really hope Tesla succeeds but it’s looking ugly

Nope, Elon will stay as CEO and Tesla is not near collapsing - the Model 3 outsold Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes-Benz in August and the ramp-up continues. The transition will not be stopped.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:42 AM   #775
Jayes

I just don’t understand the hesitation to let this inevitable transition take place. Baffling. A bunch of q-tips who supposedly have accumulated 70-80 years of wisdom are coming off as fucking stupid. And greedy.
Old 09-29-2018, 08:35 PM   #776
Jayes

Also, I’m on Musk’s side, but it looks like he’s out
Old 09-29-2018, 09:23 PM   #777
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
I just don’t understand the hesitation to let this inevitable transition take place. Baffling. A bunch of q-tips who supposedly have accumulated 70-80 years of wisdom are coming off as fucking stupid. And greedy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
Also, I’m on Musk’s side, but it looks like he’s out
Nope! He is still CEO and controls the company, just out as Chairman for 3 years.

• Musk will step down as Tesla’s Chairman and be replaced by an independent Chairman. Musk will be ineligible to be re-elected Chairman for three years;
• Tesla will appoint a total of two new independent directors to its board;
• Tesla will establish a new committee of independent directors and put in place additional controls and procedures to oversee Musk’s communications;
• Musk and Tesla will each pay a separate $20 million penalty. The $40 million in penalties will be distributed to harmed investors under a court-approved process.
Old 09-29-2018, 09:41 PM   #778
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Statement from the head of the SEC.

Quote:
WASHINGTON, Sept 29 (Reuters) - U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission chairman Jay Clayton said in a statement on Saturday that the agency's settlement with carmaker Tesla was in the best interests of the U.S. markets and company shareholders.

Earlier on Saturday, the agency said it had fined Musk and Tesla $20 million each and required Musk to step down as chairman to settle securities fraud charges over Aug. 7 tweets in which Musk said he was taking the company private.

"I...fully support the settlements agreed today and believe that the prompt resolution of this matter...is in the best interests of our markets and our investors, including the shareholders of Tesla," Clayton said. (Reporting by Michelle Price Editing by Alistair Bell)

"is in the best interests of our....shareholders" !?! I'm a shareholder and what you did doesn't benefit me at all. You manipulated the stock price for the people shorting the stock. Fuck you SEC. FUCK YOU.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:24 AM   #779
ggies
Sugar Will '04

And yet they will not do anything about it.....cowards. My anger has turned to despair for my daughter's future. This is not humanity at its finest.

Quote:
Last month, deep in a 500-page environmental impact statement, the Trump administration made a startling assumption: On its current course, the planet will warm a disastrous seven degrees by the end of this century.

Quote:
The world would have to make deep cuts in carbon emissions to avoid this drastic warming, the analysis states. And that “would require substantial increases in technology innovation and adoption compared to today’s levels and would require the economy and the vehicle fleet to move away from the use of fossil fuels, which is not currently technologically feasible or economically feasible.”

hmm.....what company could help with this??.....I wonder.....

Last edited by ggies; 10-01-2018 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:21 AM   #780
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Q3 deliveries totaled 83,500 vehicles: 55,840 Model 3, 14,470 Model S, and 13,190 Model X. To put this in perspective, in just Q3, we delivered more than 80% of the vehicles that we delivered in all of 2017, and we delivered about twice as many Model 3s as we did in all previous quarters combined.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc