These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2018, 02:23 PM   #101
dmb1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
I probably hear 1% of what Aparker hears, but I can definitely hear the dumbing down. It doesn’t really bother me given his age. Maybe they should consider bringing a second drummer in. Two drummers sounded great with TAB.

But the thing that really fucking bugs me is how he spends entire songs thrashing on the cymbals. It’s just awful. I know he’s trying to bring the energy but it’s just noise. That and he’s awful on Don’t Drink
That's exactly what I can't stand, the cymbal thrashing. It's pure noise and just adds to the abrasive wall of sound.
dmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 02:42 PM   #102
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

One example is that first solo Jeff takes on YMDT. Carter used to go apeshit on the drums but now he just beats the shit out of the cymbals. I’m sure there are many examples like this. And yes that Granny example is quite glaring
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 03:06 PM   #103
Josh.0

I don’t care if they’re 2.0 4.0 or 21.0. I just need whomever lurks these boards from management and/or the band to fulfill one simple request.

PLEASE PLAY FUCKING RED ROCKS IN 2019 BEFORE THIS BAND GETS TOO OLD AND STOPS TOURING ALTOGETHER. We can get a chair lift on the railing for Rashawn.

Three nights. You’ll sell them all out. Then you can release a CD and make even more money because it’ll say Red Rocks on it.

Road crew: stop being whiny bitches and just use the space you have there. Simplify everything. Let the music and venue do all the talking. No other frills needed, save that for the giant amps.

RED ROCKS 2019. #nomoreexcuses #dmbandredrockstogethercandoanythingbaby #yesyes #youcanalwayslookbackandwhatyoudidplayedredrocksyeahyeah
Just so you know, B.B.C. stands for Bitch Be Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
You know what else it stands for though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I cant wait for him to google that
30 minutes later

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
You guys are sick.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 03:28 PM   #104
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Fuck that, Josh, I just saw the Telluride lineup for 2019, I'd rather just go to that instead.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 03:34 PM   #105
Josh.0

Oh I just want them to come to Red Rocks because it’ll lure friends from all over the country here and then I can get ‘em higher than Jesus in preparation for the real fun after the show.
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 12-21-2018, 03:37 PM   #106
Josh.0

Whoa, that Telluride lineup IS sick!
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 12-21-2018, 03:56 PM   #107
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
Oh I just want them to come to Red Rocks because it’ll lure friends from all over the country here and then I can get ‘em higher than Jesus in preparation for the real fun after the show.
Oh, I know, I'm just saying I just saw the Telluride lineup and forgot all about DMB for a minute.

Quote:
Whoa, that Telluride lineup IS sick!
See above.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 12-21-2018, 04:43 PM   #108
mikelhu

Quote:
I don’t care if they’re 2.0 4.0 or 21.0. I just need whomever lurks these boards from management and/or the band to fulfill one simple request.

PLEASE PLAY FUCKING RED ROCKS IN 2019 BEFORE THIS BAND GETS TOO OLD AND STOPS TOURING ALTOGETHER. We can get a chair lift on the railing for Rashawn.

Three nights. You’ll sell them all out. Then you can release a CD and make even more money because it’ll say Red Rocks on it.

Road crew: stop being whiny bitches and just use the space you have there. Simplify everything. Let the music and venue do all the talking. No other frills needed, save that for the giant amps.

RED ROCKS 2019. #nomoreexcuses #dmbandredrockstogethercandoanythingbaby #yesyes #youcanalwayslookbackandwhatyoudidplayedredrocksyeahyeah

Needed to write this a few months earlier. The tour is basically set.
mikelhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 04:14 PM   #109
greykitkat36

Quote:

It's really hard to book Red Rocks. I think they're currently booked out until like 2021 already. They book far in advance and everyone wants to play there. It's also a bitch to load in/setup there from what I understand, so there's just better suited venues. This is the same reason why Phish plays Dick's Park in Colorado and not RR. If I can find the article I'll post it, but basically it went in depth about why certain major acts dont' play there regularly, and it's the booking dates years out that most bands won't do (don't know what the schedule will look like, won't know if they'll still be playign together etc.) and there's for sure an expensive canceling fee if you don't take the gig you booked.
Old 12-22-2018, 05:33 PM   #110
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
It's really hard to book Red Rocks. I think they're currently booked out until like 2021 already. They book far in advance and everyone wants to play there. It's also a bitch to load in/setup there from what I understand, so there's just better suited venues. This is the same reason why Phish plays Dick's Park in Colorado and not RR. If I can find the article I'll post it, but basically it went in depth about why certain major acts dont' play there regularly, and it's the booking dates years out that most bands won't do (don't know what the schedule will look like, won't know if they'll still be playign together etc.) and there's for sure an expensive canceling fee if you don't take the gig you booked.
Flexibility in scheduling probably means they’re worried being booked at red rocks precludes them from taking advantage of a sweetheart deal another venue may offer. So basically it’s $$$. The load/unload thing has always seemed like a lame excuse to me. Sure, it’ll be miserable for the crew, but do you think Dave/Capshaw really gives a shit about that? They’ll be on their busses
Old 12-22-2018, 06:56 PM   #111
mikelhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
They aren’t totally booked tho. You can hold a date for 2 years now. And even if a date is held a bigger more major band can throw up cash to take that hold from a lesser smaller band. So while not ideal it’s certainly possible if they wanted to go back. Especially since they wouldn’t need a weekend.
mikelhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 11:47 PM   #112
Feathered
oh shit!

I would hit up red rocks if they did it.

For whatever thats worth.
Feathered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 08:57 AM   #113
sean52692
You failed this band

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered View Post
I would hit up red rocks if they did it.

For whatever thats worth.
Two tickets? $230 plus fees

sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 12:23 PM   #114
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post

Take my money
Old 12-23-2018, 04:05 PM   #115
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Nothing compared to Tay and Gaga, but I know that’s not the fairest comparisson. But it IS what I’m in the market for this xmas, and the Gaga residency in Vegas is fucking KILLING me at $450+/ticket right now.
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:19 AM   #116
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post

Nah, gotta be $250+ plus fees next year.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 12-24-2018, 10:15 AM   #117
The Godfather
Chartz

I want to do RR so bad too, never been. Hope to make it happen.
Anyone seen the dmb >
Too Much dmb
The Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:34 AM   #118
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Are you guys really ok with never having the violin sound again? I guess I have to be the traditionalist on here because I miss it terribly. I just listened to the Stone from LS and it adds so much. I'm not sure I can continue to listen to the band's new music if they think changing their sound this much is still "DMB". Hell, they pulled a different keyboard player in, they can pull a different violinist in.....
ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 12:56 PM   #119
dmb2much40

They brought in a new sax player too. I’m with you, and I think most people here are on board with a new violin player. Buddy has improved, but isn’t a sufficient replacement.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:43 AM   #120
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggies View Post
Are you guys really ok with never having the violin sound again? I guess I have to be the traditionalist on here because I miss it terribly. I just listened to the Stone from LS and it adds so much. I'm not sure I can continue to listen to the band's new music if they think changing their sound this much is still "DMB". Hell, they pulled a different keyboard player in, they can pull a different violinist in.....
Yup I would love a new violin player. I just dont think it’s going to happen. Trying to remain realistic. The only reason they brought a new sax player in is because Roi died and they had to. Boyd is still out there, and his return is “questionable” so unless they had no other choice, for some reason I don’t think they’re going to replace it or address it. I think realistically this lineup we’re going to have to get used to for several years.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc