These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2018, 08:52 PM   #21
dmb1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelhu View Post
I could be mistaken, but was there ever a poll on the whole same setlist every show debate?

I thought I remember someone saying a while back what if they played BTCS in its entirety since itís been 20 years since itís release plus one song from every other album and would people go to numerous shows if that was an entire summer tour
Good point. I'd go to that 4 times a tour.
dmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:01 PM   #22
mikelhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb1981 View Post
Good point. I'd go to that 4 times a tour.
Me as well
mikelhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:52 PM   #23
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
It would be cool if Dave came out for an e1 with just jeff for a song. Or just dave and carter. Even dave and Tim.
Agreed 100%. The fact that tim and Jeff have been in the band now for 10 years and this hasnít happened is insane..especially D+T.

Roi and Dave did that LBV at the gorge in Ď02 and itís still one of my favorite and most beautiful performances from any artist of all time that Iíve ever heard.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:54 PM   #24
greykitkat36

Quote:
I could be mistaken, but was there ever a poll on the whole same setlist every show debate?

I thought I remember someone saying a while back what if they played BTCS in its entirety since itís been 20 years since itís release plus one song from every other album and would people go to numerous shows if that was an entire summer tour
Yeah itís been talked about but thatís kind of totally different thingóIf any major band was going to play one of their classic albums back to back Iíd go. But thatís like a special once in a lifetime kind of thing. Weíre talking more about if they picked 30 songs and only played those the entire tour. That would suck.
Old 12-17-2018, 11:42 PM   #25
mikelhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Yeah it’s been talked about but that’s kind of totally different thing—If any major band was going to play one of their classic albums back to back I’d go. But that’s like a special once in a lifetime kind of thing. We’re talking more about if they picked 30 songs and only played those the entire tour. That would suck.
Depends on what 30!
And no I wouldn’t trust Matthews to pick the right 30

Last edited by mikelhu; 12-18-2018 at 12:02 AM.
Old 12-18-2018, 12:56 AM   #26
Tomacco

Stefan tweeted he has Captain in his head. One of his favorites and thinks it needs more plays. At least somebody has good taste.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 12:57 AM   #27
greykitkat36

Quote:
Depends on what 30!
And no I wouldn’t trust Matthews to pick the right 30
They could pick my top 30 songs and still wouldn’t see more than 1 show: One of the biggest reasons I love DMB is the fact that they play a different set every night and you never know what you’re going to hear.

The biggest problem is that they did the same exact thing they’ve done on all summer tours...they have a core rotation of 30-40 songs they play every night or every other night...then an additional 20-30 songs they play 1-3 times each scattered throughout the tour, and it makes it seem stale.

If there’s 20 shows in a tour, there shouldn’t be a single song being played more than 9-10 times max. They don’t operate that way, they’ll play a song 18/20 shows and then play a song like Typical 1-2 times. That’s the problem.
Old 12-18-2018, 12:57 AM   #28
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
Stefan tweeted he has Captain in his head. One of his favorites and thinks it needs more plays. At least somebody has good taste.
Yeah saw that, of course as soon as the tour is over he says that why couldnít it get in your head a couple weeks ago?
Old 12-18-2018, 01:07 AM   #29
Tomacco

Still one show left!
Old 12-18-2018, 08:41 AM   #30
mikelhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
They could pick my top 30 songs and still wouldnít see more than 1 show: One of the biggest reasons I love DMB is the fact that they play a different set every night and you never know what youíre going to hear.

The biggest problem is that they did the same exact thing theyíve done on all summer tours...they have a core rotation of 30-40 songs they play every night or every other night...then an additional 20-30 songs they play 1-3 times each scattered throughout the tour, and it makes it seem stale.

If thereís 20 shows in a tour, there shouldnít be a single song being played more than 9-10 times max. They donít operate that way, theyíll play a song 18/20 shows and then play a song like Typical 1-2 times. Thatís the problem.

Well thatís you and that maybe even most others idk but not me.
In that situation if it was my top 30 songs Iíd sign up for a lot more than one show
Old 12-18-2018, 08:54 AM   #31
sean52692
You failed this band

Quote:
Still one show left!
Ain't a snowballs chance in hell you clowns in Miami are getting Captain
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 08:56 AM   #32
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Stefan is so solid.
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 10:48 AM   #33
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
Ain't a snowballs chance in hell you clowns in Miami are getting Captain
I know. I got it at MSG, so whatever. The one rarity I’m hoping for is Beach Ball based on theme. But Realistically i can write that setlist now.

One Sweet World
Don’t Drink the Water
Samurai Cop
Why I Am
Again and Again
What Would You Say
Sledgehammer
You and Me
Grey Street
Jimi Thing
She
Rapunzel
————————
So Much To Say
Ants Marching
Old 12-18-2018, 11:28 AM   #34
Bluewater34
Is Old

This year has solidified my feeling that DMB and I are no longer on a mutual path. And I’m not saying this with blame or bitterness, just stating the fact. I haven’t listened to a lot from this year, but there’s no doubt that what I’ve heard is the sound of a band that is renewed and playing with more passion and heart than in several years. I just don’t really like it. It’s not the DMB that I’m interested in. Some of it is that Carter doesn’t play like he used to. Some of it is that I still often don’t care for the way Tim sounds with them. A lot of it is that I miss the interplay between Roi and Boyd. Basically a lot of what I liked about the band just isn’t the band anymore. And that’s fine. I’ll always have that band to listen to, but after DMB 2.0 they’re just not for me.
Old 12-18-2018, 11:39 AM   #35
gweeps

Rashawn should stick to the muted trumpet.

They need a competent violinist.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 11:39 AM   #36
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
This year has solidified my feeling that DMB and I are no longer on a mutual path. And Iím not saying this with blame or bitterness, just stating the fact. I havenít listened to a lot from this year, but thereís no doubt that what Iíve heard is the sound of a band that is renewed and playing with more passion and heart than in several years. I just donít really like it. Itís not the DMB that Iím interested in. Some of it is that Carter doesnít play like he used to. Some of it is that I still often donít care for the way Tim sounds with them. A lot of it is that I miss the interplay between Roi and Boyd. Basically a lot of what I liked about the band just isnít the band anymore. And thatís fine. Iíll always have that band to listen to, but after DMB 2.0 theyíre just not for me.
I've got one foot in this grave....the other one is basically:

handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 11:51 AM   #37
mja271

Quote:
This year has solidified my feeling that DMB and I are no longer on a mutual path. And Iím not saying this with blame or bitterness, just stating the fact. I havenít listened to a lot from this year, but thereís no doubt that what Iíve heard is the sound of a band that is renewed and playing with more passion and heart than in several years. I just donít really like it. Itís not the DMB that Iím interested in. Some of it is that Carter doesnít play like he used to. Some of it is that I still often donít care for the way Tim sounds with them. A lot of it is that I miss the interplay between Roi and Boyd. Basically a lot of what I liked about the band just isnít the band anymore. And thatís fine. Iíll always have that band to listen to, but after DMB 2.0 theyíre just not for me.
Well said. I landed in this spot a few years ago. I still really enjoy this community and like to follow what the band is up to but the connection I had is completely gone. Kind of that intangible feeling when you fall out of infatuation with an ex or something, can't quite pinpoint one thing but my interest on the whole just isn't there. I used to be laced with FOMO over missing shows or feeling like I needed to run to listen to YouTube vids or recordings from a show and it's not there anymore. I'm happy for the people that are still invested that it seems like this year had some positive change with the new lineup, they're just not really for me at this point in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 12:10 PM   #38
Rowsdower
TIMING FREE!

I may be the minority, but I'm still not won over by Buddy at this point. He just doesn't sound right to me with the band. The missing violin parts are even more jarring. It's great they're having fun playing together, but something's been lost for me.
Old 12-18-2018, 01:03 PM   #39
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
While I understand this completely, things change and that is life. DMB has changed a ton but their current incarination sounds very fucking good to me. And thinking back on things, the bad of Butch outweighed the good IMO.
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:03 PM   #40
sean52692
You failed this band

Quote:
Have you tried a Say Bye from this tour? The Columbus one got my classic DMB juices flowing. Creative Carter and Jeff intro and then Jeff does a lovely job playing BT's lines in the chorus
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc