These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2018, 10:02 PM   #161
mrpeters
Lock it away inside myself...
 
mrpeters's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Noblesville, IN
Posts: 8,907
Again and Again is awesome. Do You Remember is awesome. I hope these are the songs that stick around from Come Tomorrow for years to come.
mrpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:11 PM   #162
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue
 
Tambourine Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: behind the miller's shed
Posts: 14,653
Rashawn’s idea to take the group pic after the show. Dave should tell him to go fuck himself like he does constantly to his fans who suggest songs
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:14 PM   #163
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue
 
Tambourine Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: behind the miller's shed
Posts: 14,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeters View Post
Again and Again is awesome. Do You Remember is awesome. I hope these are the songs that stick around from Come Tomorrow for years to come.
Yeah they’re the type of songs I will not complain about hearing every show. But the good songs never stick around.
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:40 PM   #164
mrpeters
Lock it away inside myself...
 
mrpeters's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Noblesville, IN
Posts: 8,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
Rashawn’s idea to take the group pic after the show. Dave should tell him to go fuck himself like he does constantly to his fans who suggest songs
That was a joke by Dave. It was pretty obvious HE was the one who wanted to do it, and Rashawn and Jeff were just about off stage when Dave called everyone back out.

Totally Dave's idea and he grabbed Buddy or Jeff's phone (can't recall) right away instead of grabbing one from the people up front like he has been doing (he still did that too) and then made the comment about it being Rashawn's idea while they were getting organized.

Rodrigo rushed out there and got a great shot.

What exactly is wrong with the group picture?

mrpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:50 PM   #165
dancetheham
 
dancetheham's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chesterfield, VA
Posts: 2,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
Are we really not going to talk about Rock Around the Clock? Who can fill me in here? Howíd it go? THEREíS a nostalgic blast from the past! My grandparents used to play that in the car all the time when I was kid.
Someone submitted a correction today that it's actually the New Orleans jazz standard "The Second Line," and after listening to both now that Mike's tape is out, that's clearly what it is, so I've changed it on the Almanac. The two sound incredibly similar, though.
dancetheham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 11:11 PM   #166
DMBCLSTJ
 
DMBCLSTJ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 5,148
People still bitching at sets

So 2001. Get over yourselves, nothing will chnge from here on out, pun intended.
__________________
Originally Posted by Jayes
If he just lays down two full elbow chords loudly over the entirety of That Girl Is You, he wins the band.
DMBCLSTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 02:01 AM   #167
NiCK (Crush)
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 50,718
Tamby remember when Again and Again leaked, I said it was great, and you rolled your eyes at me?

Nice to see you grow.
__________________
NC
NiCK (Crush) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 06:46 AM   #168
Garntd
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 5,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancetheham View Post
Someone submitted a correction today that it's actually the New Orleans jazz standard "The Second Line," and after listening to both now that Mike's tape is out, that's clearly what it is, so I've changed it on the Almanac. The two sound incredibly similar, though.
it's actually the New Orleans standard "Joe Avery's Blues"
Garntd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:00 AM   #169
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue
 
Tambourine Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: behind the miller's shed
Posts: 14,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK (Crush) View Post
Tamby remember when Again and Again leaked, I said it was great, and you rolled your eyes at me?

Nice to see you grow.
The studio version is not great, thatís why I did that. Itís boring, flat, and has awkward strings
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:01 AM   #170
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue
 
Tambourine Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: behind the miller's shed
Posts: 14,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeters View Post
That was a joke by Dave. It was pretty obvious HE was the one who wanted to do it, and Rashawn and Jeff were just about off stage when Dave called everyone back out.

Totally Dave's idea and he grabbed Buddy or Jeff's phone (can't recall) right away instead of grabbing one from the people up front like he has been doing (he still did that too) and then made the comment about it being Rashawn's idea while they were getting organized.

Rodrigo rushed out there and got a great shot.

What exactly is wrong with the group picture?

I just donít like Rashawn
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:11 AM   #171
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 30,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
I just donít like Rashawn
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:28 AM   #172
Josh.0
 
Josh.0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,691
Just listened to Ants -> Halloween.

People complain about “walls of sound” and aren’t going to bring that up about that Ants?! Dear lord.

And it was one of those Halloween performances that Dave mumbles through because he didn’t practice it and remembered virtually none of the lyrics. Come on peeps. That’s about as rough as Halloween comes.
__________________
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
Just so you know, B.B.C. stands for Bitch Be Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
You know what else it stands for though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I cant wait for him to google that
30 minutes later

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
You guys are sick.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:52 AM   #173
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue
 
Tambourine Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: behind the miller's shed
Posts: 14,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
Just listened to Ants -> Halloween.

People complain about “walls of sound” and aren’t going to bring that up about that Ants?! Dear lord.

And it was one of those Halloween performances that Dave mumbles through because he didn’t practice it and remembered virtually none of the lyrics. Come on peeps. That’s about as rough as Halloween comes.
Sounded better to me than it has in awhile...Halloween that is

They should’ve traded off on Ants
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:06 AM   #174
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 30,158
Ants isn't all that great anymore. It's a classic song, probably the classic song....so it gets a pass, mostly.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:01 PM   #175
celluloid hero
 
celluloid hero's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 9,864
I think all set closers and encores should get a pass on Wall of Sound. That's the right place for it, whether it's the right song or not, at least it's in the right place.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:11 PM   #176
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 30,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
I think all set closers and encores should get a pass on Wall of Sound. That's the right place for it, whether it's the right song or not, at least it's in the right place.
Agreed. I still have ringing in my ears from the first concert I ever saw.....Aerosmith turned everything up to 11 for Sweet Emotion.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:19 PM   #177
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue
 
Tambourine Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: behind the miller's shed
Posts: 14,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
I think all set closers and encores should get a pass on Wall of Sound. That's the right place for it, whether it's the right song or not, at least it's in the right place.
I donít even think ants is that bad in terms of being to loud. It just sounds not good, but I think theyíll figure it out
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 01:36 PM   #178
greykitkat36
 
greykitkat36's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 10,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
I donít even think ants is that bad in terms of being to loud. It just sounds not good, but I think theyíll figure it out
Without Violin Ants and Billies will never be the same, those two songs especially need it. If throw Jane in there too. They all have that southern hoeadown sound to them, and itís weird without the violin. Hope they consider having a more consistent violin guest or a new member at some point. I can deal the way it is obviously, but itíd be even better if someone who can actually play violin was on these songs.
__________________
S'cuse me. (spits out Ricola) Its just so I know where it is, so I can get it after. Can't waste it, Ricola's delicious."-- DJM
greykitkat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 01:42 PM   #179
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 14,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
I think all set closers and encores should get a pass on Wall of Sound. That's the right place for it, whether it's the right song or not, at least it's in the right place.
Great point. I agree.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 01:46 PM   #180
NiCK (Crush)
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 50,718
Some moments also just don't translate to an AUD pull, no matter how good the tape.
__________________
NC
NiCK (Crush) is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.11257 seconds with 27 queries