Row 2? On the end horn side?
Nah, row 3 buddy side. Man they were having a blast. In their late 70s no doubt
mattinmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 11:45 PM   #143
Feathered
oh shit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Sorry to hear that man, crazy how up and down the band can be these days. Happened to me this summer...camden N2 was one of the worst shows I'd seen (and I was in the pit)..and then went to PNC and that one cracks my top 10 probably.
Jones was a taco bell firey dorito shell squirt of shit aside from JTR and PNC revived my love for this band. You win some you lose some. I've seen a metric ton of bands these past few months and my last 4 (of 5, Jones being the 5th) were all some of the best I've seen them put on period.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:51 PM   #144
Feathered
oh shit!

Also all this "2005" comparison whining is so overblown. The band sounded like absolute horse shit in 2005. It was their single worst year aside from 2001 which was an abortion of a tour.

Play a version of ANY song referenced from 2005 vs 2018 and its not even a comparison.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:55 PM   #145
krayz
Roc-ing it up

Naw they sounded like dogshit tonight. 4 songs got Rashawn'd, and a large majority of songs that basically have 0 room for improv
krayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 11:55 PM   #146
Hopper

You like So Right but think Belly Belly Nice is terrible? [/quote]

Yes. Emphatically so.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:56 PM   #147
krayz
Roc-ing it up

Agree with Hopper
krayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 11:57 PM   #148
Mike VDH
Can we check the tweets Craig?

I think I picked the two worst shows to go to this tour - New Hampshire and tonight. The crowd was so much better tonight than in Manchester that it made tonight much more enjoyable.

Bartender was damn good. Say Bye is always a treat. The rest was fairly run of the mill, unfortunately. Crowd was super hot in the beginning, and yeah, that middle run killed it. Show ended 15 minutes early without a Jimi Thing so I'd call that a win?
Old 12-07-2018, 11:58 PM   #149
Mike VDH
Can we check the tweets Craig?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krayz View Post
Naw they sounded like dogshit tonight. 4 songs got Rashawn'd, and a large majority of songs that basically have 0 room for improv

Rashawn was SUPER loud in NH as well as tonight. It's too bad, because I thought this summer was his best with the band in years.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:00 AM   #150
gweeps

Belly Belly Nice isn't terrible to me. But they should have played Broken Things, Snow Outside or Drunken Soldier instead. Hell, even The Riff or If Only would've been a better choice.
gweeps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 12:07 AM   #151
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I donít want to be dramatic, but out of 84 shows that was probably the worst.

That run after warehouse. That is some horrid shit. The crowd was literally deflated. It was something to witness.
Jeez, sorry bro, that sucks
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 12:07 AM   #152
Habbs
Organic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered View Post
Also all this "2005" comparison whining is so overblown. The band sounded like absolute horse shit in 2005. It was their single worst year aside from 2001 which was an abortion of a tour.

Play a version of ANY song referenced from 2005 vs 2018 and its not even a comparison.
It is greykitkat36, he usually doesn't make much sense.

2005 was their worst year because the setlists were full of constantly played terrible Stand Up songs, they mostly didn't sound like horse shit playing a lot of good songs. 2001 comes in a bit ahead of it because while the Everyday songs were underwhelming and constantly played, they are better songs, and they often sounded much better than 2005 playing a lot of good songs. The Lovely Ladies can go screw themselves.
2018 DMB sounds good and this year doesn't deserve to be placed in their league, but you can't say there is no comparison 2005 vs 2018, it is not true. Leroi Moore has a lot to do with that. RIP
Old 12-08-2018, 12:13 AM   #153
Feathered
oh shit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbs View Post
It is greykitkat36, he usually doesn't make much sense.

2018 DMB sounds good and this year doesn't deserve to be placed in their league, but you can't say there is no comparison 2005 vs 2018, it is not true. Leroi Moore has a lot to do with that. RIP
Giants 2001 was the worst batch of shows I've ever been to, I honestly cant believe I stuck around after that being my 2nd touring year.

Randalls 2005 on the other hand I got some decent stuff I enjoyed (my only #34, YNK etc) but it was a rough year. I think you could pick any random day in either year and it would be a toss up but FUCK the Ladies on backing vocals for all of 2001. Dock that tour by like 10 points always because of Angel being 15 fucking minutes long.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:16 AM   #154
Feathered
oh shit!

I will however say I'm glad i wasn't retarded and ran to Boston and then turned back around to be at work in the morning for this show
Old 12-08-2018, 01:17 AM   #155
greykitkat36

Quote:

Setlist wise only I’m talking about, and yeah I’m over exaggerating, just that was very first thought when I saw the set ‘05 just happened to pass through my mind. Looking at the show on paper, seem like the flow would be tough..2 ok/good songs and then a subpar run, rinse repeat. To me that’s the kind of thing that kills the show imo, because there’s no real rhythmn or energy that develops. If you rearrange the order of a bunch of these songs it’s a totally different show.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:27 AM   #156
greykitkat36

Pantala Naga Pampa >
Rapunzel
Bartender
Again And Again
Say Goodbye
Granny
Everyday
That Girl Is You
Grey Street
She
Crash Into Me
All Along The Watchtower
Christmas Song
Louisiana Bayou
Funny The Way It Is
Come On Come On
Belly Belly Nice
The Space Between
Warehouse

That’s literally the same exact set in a different order. While still not the best collection of tunes, doesn’t that make you view the show entirely differently? It’s crazy. Sometimes the order can be almost more important than the actual tunes they pick.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:28 AM   #157
Feathered
oh shit!

Quote:
Setlist wise only I’m talking about, and yeah I’m over exaggerating, just that was very first thought when I saw the set ‘05 just happened to pass through my mind. Looking at the show on paper, seem like the flow would be tough..2 ok/good songs and then a subpar run, rinse repeat. To me that’s the kind of thing that kills the show imo, because there’s no real rhythmn or energy that develops. If you rearrange the order of a bunch of these songs it’s a totally different show.
Yeah that I do totally agree with 100%. One of the biggest issues at Jones Beach this year was pacing, just really janky and didn't have the best flow. Hell even MSG N2 had some lurches that really fucked the groove up for me. PNC, MSG1 & Especially Albany all had such great flows to them and it kept me not rolling my eyes through the bullshit. Even CoCo, which I hate on a level I haven't hated a new song on since probably Steady, I just sort of chilled and stared at the visualizer which was pretty cool.

Flow matters, thats the biggest issue they have had for a long time.

Sets sometimes feel like this:
Old 12-08-2018, 01:36 AM   #158
greykitkat36

Quote:
Yeah that I do totally agree with 100%. One of the biggest issues at Jones Beach this year was pacing, just really janky and didn't have the best flow. Hell even MSG N2 had some lurches that really fucked the groove up for me. PNC, MSG1 & Especially Albany all had such great flows to them and it kept me not rolling my eyes through the bullshit. Even CoCo, which I hate on a level I haven't hated a new song on since probably Steady, I just sort of chilled and stared at the visualizer which was pretty cool.

Flow matters, thats the biggest issue they have had for a long time.

Sets sometimes feel like this:
Yup. And honestly we blame Dave a lot of the time but itís hard to write a set in entirely new order every night and be sure the flow would be good. Thereís no way to predict that, just have to hope for the best. Whenís the writing it, could be a lot of factors going in his mind. (what they like to play, what they want to play, what the casuals want to hear, which hits they have to do, what dmbfamily likes, what we like, etc.)

Wouldnít be surprised if for SPAC MSG etc. he actually takes a lot more thoughtful time to write the sets because thatís what it seems like to me. I feel some of these one nighters he might just literally jot down a random set a few hours before they hit the stage and didnít think much about the above factors I mentioned. Also, when you randomize setlists, just greater odds youíll have a dud with no flow than a great flowing show. Itís just the luck of the draw and the downside to changing up the sets.

Thatís why bands love playing the same setóthey know it flows, they know the songs work in that order and they practiced it exactly like that and itís tight. But, itís boring.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:38 AM   #159
Feathered
oh shit!

This show was so goddamn awkward to be at its not even funny. Just start stop start stop start stop stop start stop stop start start stop the entire fucking time.

Spoiler:
Dave Matthews Band
July 17, 2018
Northwell Health at Jones Beach Theater, Wantagh, NY

JTR
Again and Again
Don't Drink the Water
One Sweet World
Seven
Louisiana Bayou
Can't Stop
Hunger for the Great Light
Samurai Cop (Oh Joy Begin)
Pantala Naga Pampa Ľ
Rapunzel
You & Me
She
Jimi Thing Ľ
Sexy M.F. [partial]
Come On Come On
Rhyme & Reason
What Would You Say
Here On Out
Funny the Way It Is
Granny Ľ
Ants Marching
-----------------------------------
Digging a Ditch
Stay (Wasting Time)

Then this shit was a freight train from start to finish, did not give a SINGLE fuck about the songs I'm sick of because they didn't wreck the vibe and we're just expected.

Spoiler:
Dave Matthews Band
July 18, 2018
PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ

Do You Remember
Lover Lay Down
Pig
Satellite
Come Tomorrow
Raven
All Along the Watchtower
That Girl Is You
The Song That Jane Likes
Lying in the Hands of God
Warehouse
Time Bomb
Can't Stop
Corn Bread
The Space Between
Kill the Preacher [tease]
Why I Am
Tripping Billies
Grey Street
Old 12-08-2018, 01:43 AM   #160
Feathered
oh shit!

Quote:

Everything above this post greykitkat wrote.
But then shit like Albany of all places happens and I have no idea what the fuck is going on as a person who knows entirely too much about this band.

Spoiler:

Dave Matthews Band
December 5, 2018
Times Union Center, Albany, NY

You Never Know
One Sweet World
Everyday
Sweet Emotion Ľ
Minarets
Where Are You Going
Burning Down the House
Crush
Kill the King
What Would You Say
Here On Out
Don't Drink the Water
Dancing Nancies
Come On Come On
Grey Street
She
You Might Die Trying
Granny
All Along the Watchtower

Such good goddamn flow. Shit for the nerds, shit for the casual friends. My friend who hopped on my extra ticket when I wound up taping the show had gone to Jones with a expression and was not looking forward to the same shit. Bothered me for a copy of Albany for the whole ride back home when I was editing KTK on my laptop. My other friend who I hit Scranton'10 with made me pump the raw audio through the car because she had such a good time.

I just don't get it.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc