These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2019, 04:31 PM   #81
Josh.0
 
Josh.0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,647
Yeah doesn’t really make sense.
__________________
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
Just so you know, B.B.C. stands for Bitch Be Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
You know what else it stands for though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I cant wait for him to google that
30 minutes later

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
You guys are sick.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 04:46 PM   #82
SeekUpAB
 
SeekUpAB's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Yep, that's it. Good talk.
He got us.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod! View Post
this isn't #dMbFaMiLy level shit. there's a whole spectrum of middle ground in between family and SeekUpAB
SeekUpAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 04:51 PM   #83
Josh.0
 
Josh.0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,647
My favorite part of her article is when she implies that maybe part of the reason people can’t tolerate Dave as opposed to someone like Cobain is that Dave’s lived twice as long.

It read like, “well, if only Dave had also blown his head off at the peak of his career and orphaned his daughter and shook the lives of all of his fans in the process people in the PNW would respect him more.”

I mean, absolutely. I’m sure they would. So they like Cobain because he joined them in misery. They don’t like Dave because he, you know, seems to actually enjoy his life.
__________________
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
Just so you know, B.B.C. stands for Bitch Be Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
You know what else it stands for though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I cant wait for him to google that
30 minutes later

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
You guys are sick.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 05:41 PM   #84
Steveo Style
 
Steveo Style's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
My favorite part of her article is when she implies that maybe part of the reason people can’t tolerate Dave as opposed to someone like Cobain is that Dave’s lived twice as long.

It read like, “well, if only Dave had also blown his head off at the peak of his career and orphaned his daughter and shook the lives of all of his fans in the process people in the PNW would respect him more.”

I mean, absolutely. I’m sure they would. So they like Cobain because he joined them in misery. They don’t like Dave because he, you know, seems to actually enjoy his life.
Haha
Steveo Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 06:47 PM   #85
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 22,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
My favorite part of her article is when she implies that maybe part of the reason people can’t tolerate Dave as opposed to someone like Cobain is that Dave’s lived twice as long.

It read like, “well, if only Dave had also blown his head off at the peak of his career and orphaned his daughter and shook the lives of all of his fans in the process people in the PNW would respect him more.”

I mean, absolutely. I’m sure they would. So they like Cobain because he joined them in misery. They don’t like Dave because he, you know, seems to actually enjoy his life.
Yea. It was also funny how she was like, “well, he does drink a shitload, so that’s one in the plus column, but is that enough?” She seemed to think every dm song is some cheery pop song. The dude has some ultra depressing songs.

The weird part of the article is the same thing that I have always found true woth people who seem to need to hate dmb. she seems to figure out that, “dave is this awesome guy in this awesome band of musicians who brings people together in a world of divisiveness and makes them happy. LaME! All the cool people hate them! Yet the only real dig on them is some rando bus driver dumped poop on some people 15 years ago... and when the coolest of all the cool kids actually went to see them in concert hoping to hate them he actually liked it and was impressed. And when the cool kids who hate dave needed to raise money he was one of the only people willing to help them out even though they shit on him every chance they get.” And the conclusion of the article is? Well nothing. She wore socks with sandals. Whatever, etc
__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 06:53 PM   #86
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things
 
Jayes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,972
Oh good, I was worried imjustchillen would go unchecked. Those comments prove how unaware northwesterners are. I totally get defending your region, but anyone who has even been to the PNW as Josh is describing knows that what he said is very accurate.

Of course this doesn’t go for 100% of that population, but that he got so irritated over facts didn’t help his cause...
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:12 PM   #87
dmb2much40
 
dmb2much40's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 5,116
Basically she doesn’t like the band because of their mainstream popularity, as if they should strive to fly under the radar so only the uber cool people like her will claim them as their favorite band. She also speaks of longevity as if it’s a bad thing. Wow, Pearl Jam hasn’t played a concert in Seattle in five years, how edgy! Extremely pretentious.
__________________
-Monica
dmb2much40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 07:15 AM   #88
Fan#41
 
Homers Beer Run Champion!
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 31,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
Jeff plays a show at the Rex the night before DMB every year in Toronto, and he’s the nicest damn guy in the world, taking photos and signing autographs for everyone in the venue that comes up to him. And I’ve seen this 4 years in a row.

Jeff also posted this last month, and I agree with this whether it applies to any member of the band:
‪To all our amazing fans: THANK YOU for understanding when we decline a photo or signature when we are just trying to live a normal day or night. No disrespect is meant and we appreciate ur understanding. Please know how much we appreciate you ALL!! ����‬ Dave Matthews Band
*AS AN ASIDE, MY ANSWER IS USUALLY YES.
Yeah Jeff is really one of the nicest guys you'll meet. In December '08 he said he learned how to interact with fans over the years from watching Bela, who is quite possibly one of the nicest guys one the planet. Tim is also another very approachable guy. Very quiet, very humble. I love when some of the most talented musicians on the planet end up also being some of the nicest (ie; Jeff, Bela, Tim, Victor Wooten, etc..).

I will say I've seen fan interactions with Rashawn and sometimes he responds well but most of the time he doesn't and he comes off very cold, rude and stand-off(ish). I can only imagine how many crazies they have to deal with though, especially Dave. I was so glad when he closed his twitter account. The last thing I want is Dave constantly in close contact with stalkers, internet tough guys, and above-the-fray fans.
__________________
Variety of emotion is good...it just makes the music different colors. - LeRoi Moore
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 10:32 AM   #89
sean52692
You failed this band
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 17,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
The weird part of the article is the same thing that I have always found true woth people who seem to need to hate dmb. she seems to figure out that, “dave is this awesome guy in this awesome band of musicians who brings people together in a world of divisiveness and makes them happy. LaME! All the cool people hate them! Yet the only real dig on them is some rando bus driver dumped poop on some people 15 years ago... and when the coolest of all the cool kids actually went to see them in concert hoping to hate them he actually liked it and was impressed. And when the cool kids who hate dave needed to raise money he was one of the only people willing to help them out even though they shit on him every chance they get.” And the conclusion of the article is? Well nothing. She wore socks with sandals. Whatever, etc
This paragraph is pure gold.

I knew this article would be a TDC favorite!
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.05815 seconds with 18 queries