These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2020, 09:18 AM   #41
Define Dancing
 
Define Dancing's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Drive In, Drive Out We’re Streaming. Hell yeah
Later on, we'll all be dancing, Streaming from the Minarets.




I'll see myself out.
__________________
"Poetry must be at least as powerful as music, but I am not sure that is possible." - George Oppen
Define Dancing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 09:28 AM   #42
dmb2much40
 
dmb2much40's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 5,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
Can't wait to get this Crush on sbd video. Carter is a monster on it.
Yes, I do remember this crush being really good.
__________________
-Monica
dmb2much40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 09:35 AM   #43
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 17,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
Will the band ever attempt a “zoom-esque” performance for a stream? It really doesn’t even have to be live (and likely Dave would never go for that). It would be cool if they worked out the kinks and recorded it ahead of time, mixed it, then released it in a stream format for us. Just “live” performances together from home, maybe on some new stuff, idk.
Live is literally impossible.


But we had a local festival last weekend, Love from Philly, in which both the War on Drugs and Man Man recorded and edited full band performances. Man Man even added an element of entertainment to it with gags and stuff.


Musicians (and engineers and such) are starting to figure out how to do these and its going to expand.


Here's the War On Drugs killing it as always:


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
I saw that healthcare workers in CO are blocking the cars from protesting.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 09:52 AM   #44
soright05
 
soright05's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 9,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Live is literally impossible.


But we had a local festival last weekend, Love from Philly, in which both the War on Drugs and Man Man recorded and edited full band performances. Man Man even added an element of entertainment to it with gags and stuff.


Musicians (and engineers and such) are starting to figure out how to do these and its going to expand.


Here's the War On Drugs killing it as always:


this is awesome
soright05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 10:20 AM   #45
willndmb
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 5,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
Hope the audio can be captured.
that is the easy part
Video is harder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Define Dancing View Post
Later on, we'll all be dancing, Streaming from the Minarets.




I'll see myself out.
Depends on the date of the show, could be Skreeeming
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 11:37 AM   #46
jeff1818
 
jeff1818's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 679
It'd be fun to see some 2010-2016 shows, as I haven't seen the band since 2009 really. Don't care for the post-Boyd era, but I get it.
jeff1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 06:56 PM   #47
Steveo Style
 
Steveo Style's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Live is literally impossible.


But we had a local festival last weekend, Love from Philly, in which both the War on Drugs and Man Man recorded and edited full band performances. Man Man even added an element of entertainment to it with gags and stuff.


Musicians (and engineers and such) are starting to figure out how to do these and its going to expand.


Here's the War On Drugs killing it as always:



Don't want to derail the thread but just getting into these guys, and their live version of Pain is even better than the album version, and the album recording is fantastic
Steveo Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 08:20 PM   #48
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 17,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo Style View Post
Don't want to derail the thread but just getting into these guys, and their live version of Pain is even better than the album version, and the album recording is fantastic
Derail the thread!

They are my favorite band. I went to the last five shows they've played. They started a Christmas time Philly run in 2018 playing consecutive nights (Johnny Brenda's, union transfer, tower theater) and took 2019 off until playing union transfer and the Fillmore Christmas week.

And Adam played a few new tracks on Instagram during the lockdown which sounded great. I started a thread on them in ndmbc a while ago but no one else cared.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
I saw that healthcare workers in CO are blocking the cars from protesting.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 08:47 PM   #49
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle
 
roshea999's Avatar
 
Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 9,898
Hey Mario how’s the Ardmore music hall? I see so many shows from there on YouTube.

War on Drugs is great

Dmb should do this with the windows song. And then a better song
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 10:05 PM   #50
FERRALL
I'm just trying to party.
 
FERRALL's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 2,632
Give me 8.5.2004 at Riverbend!
FERRALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 08:33 AM   #51
Tomacco
 
Tomacco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 23,955
Crazy to think that if this goes until at least September (which I'm presuming it will, if not later), we're going to get at least 16 shows out of this.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 10:37 AM   #52
Tomacco
 
Tomacco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 23,955
YouTube link is up: [Only registered users can see links.]
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 10:43 AM   #53
ThememanXX
I've gotta make a destination.
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
Nice, I'm glad to see that these will be run through YouTube, makes it so easy to watch on any device.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 10:46 AM   #54
sean52692
You failed this band
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Illinoyed
Posts: 18,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
Crazy to think that if this goes until at least September (which I'm presuming it will, if not later), we're going to get at least 16 shows out of this.
Yeah, I'm curious how long this will go for.

I'm guessing there will be repeats. Gorge 2018, Camden 2018, whichever ones they did last year.

But good to see them start with a fresh one. That wasn't even SiriusXM streamed.
__________________
Currently listening to:
2/16/96, Pepin Gymnasium, Middlebury, VT
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 10:52 AM   #55
ThememanXX
I've gotta make a destination.
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
The Youtube description gives me some hope that they'll dig into the archives a bit for these:

Quote:
Starting this Wednesday, tune in each week at 8pm ET for a full live show from the band’s archive. This week’s inaugural stream will be a show from last summer’s tour—June 29, 2019 at the Ruoff Home Mortgage Music Center in Noblesville, IN. DMB Drive-In is presented this week by The Dreaming Tree Wines, who are proud to make a $50,000 donation to our initial spotlight charity, World Central Kitchen.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:01 AM   #56
Tomacco
 
Tomacco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 23,955
I'll be very surprised if we don't get shows from across the 2000s (whenever they started capturing HD at least) throughout the summer.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:17 AM   #57
DMBCLSTJ
 
DMBCLSTJ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 6,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
I'll be very surprised if we don't get shows from across the 2000s (whenever they started capturing HD at least) throughout the summer.
Man, I would love some of those early 2000 Tour shows to be streamed with the new LS tunes. Some of those Raven's and Grey Streets would be awesome to see in Full HD, though I doubt they captured the shows in HD in 2000.
__________________
Originally Posted by Jayes
If he just lays down two full elbow chords loudly over the entirety of That Girl Is You, he wins the band.
DMBCLSTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:39 AM   #58
cgator41
Johnny Mac
 
cgator41's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Nice, I'm glad to see that these will be run through YouTube, makes it so easy to watch on any device.
Agree. Plus, it usually stays there so you can go back and watch it later.

It does look like they set the premiere time for 10pm, when it's supposed to start at 8. The Warehouse crew must have been involved with this.

Last edited by cgator41; 05-06-2020 at 11:59 AM.
cgator41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 12:07 PM   #59
Tomacco
 
Tomacco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 23,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBCLSTJ View Post
Man, I would love some of those early 2000 Tour shows to be streamed with the new LS tunes. Some of those Raven's and Grey Streets would be awesome to see in Full HD, though I doubt they captured the shows in HD in 2000.
They didn't, considering the 2002 MSG LiveTrax dvd is in 4:3 SD.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 12:08 PM   #60
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 19,547
I'm looking forward to tonight's show. Even though it's from 2019, the setlist looks interesting and I missed a big chunk of listening to last summer's tour.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.06526 seconds with 16 queries