These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2020, 07:39 AM   #81
ThememanXX
I've gotta make a destination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
I donít think that any country that has had a system-wide lockdown has shut down stores. That would basically be sentencing people to starvation. There are a lot of rumors flying around about this thing right now. I wouldnít take anything seriously that doesnít come directly from an official source.

If and when it happens, wait for direction and details. Until then, live in the here and now.....limit "going out" to grocery/pharmacy and takeout runs.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 08:42 AM   #82
K270
Kan Pai

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
Josh, I hope you feel better my friend. Iím so sorry to hear this news and I wish you a speedy recovery. Stay strong and we are here for you.

In addition, I donít know if this is a hoax or not, but someone texted me a few minutes ago saying that a NJ state trooper told them that Trump may announce a complete government shutdown this Wednesday, for fourteen days. No stores, fas stations, etc.. Only hospitals and emergency services. Iím not sure if I believe this yet and I donít want to spread any fear or misinformation. I hope this isnít true, so please tell me if I heard wrong.
That's funny, because a guy came into the store last night and claimed he had friends in the Government. His friends told him to go to the store now because there would be an announcement in the next 72 hours.
Old 03-16-2020, 09:06 AM   #83
mario

Quote:
If you want to know why the markets are tanking again today, this is why:

New economic data is coming out of China. In Jan and Feb, retail sales were down 20.5%. Manufacturing was down 13.5% and asset investment was down 24.5%.
Keep in mind, Chinese manufacturing are our products. Hence, even when things open back up, there won't be anything for many of our companies to sell, or hire installers to deliver, etc.

I'm not talking about clothes and Iphones, I'm talking about steel beams and furniture.

It's not just a question of extrapolating China's losses; it's an issue of lag time before we can ramp back up.

I really didnít want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I donít feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu thatís not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that theyíre fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which theyíre supposed to be keeping as clean and ďuncompromisedĒ as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 09:18 AM   #84
mario

Mar a Largo has become an epicenter of virus spread.

[Only registered users can see links.]

Quote:
At least three people who visited Mar-a-Lago in the past 10 days have tested positive for the deadly virus, and were spotted in photographs with the president and other club members.

I really didnít want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I donít feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu thatís not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that theyíre fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which theyíre supposed to be keeping as clean and ďuncompromisedĒ as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
Old 03-16-2020, 10:17 AM   #85
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
That's funny, because a guy came into the store last night and claimed he had friends in the Government. His friends told him to go to the store now because there would be an announcement in the next 72 hours.
Word just broke that the White House is considering a curfew, where non-necessity related stores (i.e. not food, medicine, etc.) will have to close my a certain time. Might be the rumor you guys have been hearing.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:53 AM   #86
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

COVID-19/Coronavirus: When The World Ends

What is considered essential now? I see a lot of people saying groceries/pharmacies will remain open. But what about power companies? Gas/fuel/utility services? Internet providers/cell service providers? Can they really shut all of that down? That would cause pandemonium, idiots with guns in the streets, you name it. No WAY can they go that far...
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 11:09 AM   #87
Bluewater34
Is Old

The article that I read was talking about retail, not services. I’m sure most of that would stay open.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:15 AM   #88
ThememanXX

Quote:
The article that I read was talking about retail, not services. Iím sure most of that would stay open.
Yeah, i'd imagine it's all malls and restaurants/bars. Think where people are going to gather; those places. Nobody's going to the cable company office/grid.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 03-16-2020, 11:24 AM   #89
Bluewater34
Is Old

If anything, those might get cut back to staff that’s essential for those services to continue running, but there’s no way they’re going to allow utilities or information delivery to go down when so many people are trying to do school or work from home.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:26 AM   #90
Mitch

Come on, Jayes
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 11:43 AM   #91
Mitch

My COVID-19 lunch tip: Going out for pizza, instead of ordering 2 slices, get the whole pie, the other 6 go home to the freezer
Old 03-16-2020, 12:43 PM   #92
wiebrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
Well clearly the only solution is to keep them occupied with one of the greatest DMB shows of all time, 7/9/00.
Good idea, and when you're done pass that on to all of us
wiebrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 01:22 PM   #93
mja271

I’m super concerned for my dad’s business. He owns a dry cleaners here in CT and it may not survive these next two months. Been in business for over 60 years but he’s already getting killed and it’s just going to get worse. Stressful times for our family right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 01:23 PM   #94
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

PA is off the map. Statewide shutdown of all nonessential businesses.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 01:25 PM   #95
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
Iím super concerned for my dadís business. He owns a dry cleaners here in CT and it may not survive these next two months. Been in business for over 60 years but heís already getting killed and itís just going to get worse. Stressful times for our family right now.
This sucks. Very sorry to hear this. These stories are what scares me most about this whole thing.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 01:50 PM   #96
ThememanXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
PA is off the map. Statewide shutdown of all nonessential businesses.
Finally!

Hope this helps drive it home that people need to STAY HOME. I'll be making grocery and takeout runs here and there by myself, but that's it.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 03-16-2020, 01:51 PM   #97
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Finally!

Hope this helps drive it home that people need to STAY HOME. I'll be making grocery and takeout runs here and there by myself, but that's it.
[Only registered users can see links.]
Old 03-16-2020, 01:53 PM   #98
dmb2much40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
Iím super concerned for my dadís business. He owns a dry cleaners here in CT and it may not survive these next two months. Been in business for over 60 years but heís already getting killed and itís just going to get worse. Stressful times for our family right now.
I hope congress can get their shit together for once and pass a bill to help small businesses- low interest short term loans, lease forbearance, etc.

Also, The Atlantic has an article about how it is safer to order takeout from your local restaurants than fight crowds in grocery stores. Like Mitch said order extra, freeze some for later. At least in Ohio, restaurants are only ordered closed for dine in, carry out is ok.
Old 03-16-2020, 01:54 PM   #99
ThememanXX

So far here, the grocery stores haven't really been crowded, per-se; just limited stock.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 03-16-2020, 02:28 PM   #100
mario

The problem is that I haven't seen anyone say anything more direct than talking about Unemployment Benefits.

But many, many of us aren't eligible for unemployment benefits. I don't know about mja's dad, but many small businesses are sole proprietors and don't have payroll, hence no unemployment withholdings. That makes us ineligible to apply for unemployment.

Edit: Multiquote didn't work, was responding to MJA and to dmb2much40 saying "I hope congress can get their shit together for once and pass a bill to help small businesses- low interest short term loans, lease forbearance, etc."

Quote:

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc