These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 09:10 PM   #141
Mersh
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 51,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
It hasn't affected me at all. I still pull in good seats.
your anecdotal evidence is definitive.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:12 PM   #142
Mersh
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 51,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
I Disagree
he is right though. More members means potentially more people in the initial lottery which means a lowered chance of getting tickets. This isn't really something to disagree with.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:16 PM   #143
The Godfather
Chartz
 
The Godfather's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 21,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
he is right though. More members means potentially more people in the initial lottery which means a lowered chance of getting tickets. This isn't really something to disagree with.
but those more members are 'newer' members. The only way the older members are affected , IMo are if the older members decide not to renew. Newer memberships should not affect older members. But again, I could be wrong.
__________________
@Fixsweeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
So much dmb >
Anyone seen the dmb >
Too Much dmb
The Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:17 PM   #144
The Godfather
Chartz
 
The Godfather's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 21,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
your anecdotal evidence is definitive.
Sorry, just stating that I am a lucky one that feels like has not been affected but the influx of newer members and/or the merger.
__________________
@Fixsweeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
So much dmb >
Anyone seen the dmb >
Too Much dmb
The Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:20 PM   #145
Mersh
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 51,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
but those more members are 'newer' members. The only way the older members are affected , IMo are if the older members decide not to renew. Newer memberships should not affect older members. But again, I could be wrong.
Before seniority comes into play there is a general lottery, no? Therefore if more people join and said people request tickets then every members chance of getting through the initial lottery decreases. If and when seniority comes into play then obviously it won't matter, but to get to that point you have to get picked out of a large pool. Of course this also depends on where you go to shows. I live in the New York area so this will be a problem for me I am sure.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:26 PM   #146
The Godfather
Chartz
 
The Godfather's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 21,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
Before seniority comes into play there is a general lottery, no? Therefore if more people join and said people request tickets then every members chance of getting through the initial lottery decreases. If and when seniority comes into play then obviously it won't matter, but to get to that point you have to get picked out of a large pool. Of course this also depends on where you go to shows. I live in the New York area so this will be a problem for me I am sure.
Great point.
__________________
@Fixsweeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
So much dmb >
Anyone seen the dmb >
Too Much dmb
The Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:27 PM   #147
Mersh
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 51,519
I'm basically just repeating what the others were saying.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:29 PM   #148
The Godfather
Chartz
 
The Godfather's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 21,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
I'm basically just repeating what the others were saying.
I know...but putting it that way makes better sense to me.
__________________
@Fixsweeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
So much dmb >
Anyone seen the dmb >
Too Much dmb
The Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:35 PM   #149
Mersh
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 51,519
fair enough
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:05 PM   #150
Caveat Emperor
The Flyin' Lions
 
Caveat Emperor's Avatar
 
Disc Golf Champion! Flash Poker Champion! Super Mario Flash HV Champion! Whammy Champion!
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Great Midwest
Posts: 6,967
I renewed, but my membership number is sufficiently high that I feel lucky to even be allowed into the parking lot.
__________________
- Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
What's this about 'extended delay?' Hardened boarders know TDC was only down for two days: the day it went down, and the day it went back up.
Caveat Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:48 AM   #151
drh424s
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
I renewed, but my membership number is sufficiently high that I feel lucky to even be allowed into the parking lot.
not after this merger, better find a grassy knoll nearby
drh424s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:49 AM   #152
willndmb
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 5,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgr17 View Post
i thought they had it done when the rolled out dmband.com because of this tile:



but i guess not
its up and half of it isn't working
like the message board and member info for examples
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:15 AM   #153
warehouseguy
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 370
Just renewed. Always wonder off many people forget to renew each year. Joined in Jan. 2003.

Can't wait to see a major improvement in the Warehouse Bonus Disc from last year. Songs needed:

Kit Kat Jam, What Would You Say w/ Popper, Crazy-Easy, an old #40, then a killer WPB 09 Two Step would go a long way toward that task (reality check, though, we know Sleep To Dream Her is coming)
__________________
9.2.00 5.1.01 3.25.03 3.29.03 9.17.03 9.20.03 7.26.04 8.16.04 6.28.05 6.29.05 6.24.06 9.23.06 5.23.07 8.11.07 5.31.08 6.28.08 8.7.08 4.17.09 4.18.09 8.8.09 9.20.09 5.20.10 7.23.10 9.18.10 11.19.10 11.20.10 8.20.11 9.2.11 9.3.11 9.4.11 9.4.11 6.16.12 6.29.12 12.16.12 5.26.13 6.29.13 7.27.13 7.26.14 5.23.15 5.7.16 6.18.16 6.3.17 6.9.18 6.11.18
------------------------------------
Show Stats http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=221
warehouseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:49 AM   #154
simbro
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,078
was going to renew and noticed the new site. when did that roll out? the member info wasn't working for me, so i will have to wait a bit to renew. good thing i have until the 31st.
__________________
-Brian
simbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:52 AM   #155
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 23,148
can you not renew yet with the new site design (I can't get to the page)? Was trying to renew last month, but it would not let me.
__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:24 AM   #156
The Godfather
Chartz
 
The Godfather's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 21,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
can you not renew yet with the new site design (I can't get to the page)? Was trying to renew last month, but it would not let me.
I tried to renew mine as well, and no dice.
__________________
@Fixsweeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
So much dmb >
Anyone seen the dmb >
Too Much dmb
The Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:25 AM   #157
greppson
Hmm...
 
greppson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Indiana
Posts: 7,560
site changed late last night/early morning.

i logged in last night at like 10 or 11 to see how long i had until i need to renew and it was same old same old.
__________________
Jason
greppson.net

greppson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:12 AM   #158
dmbfan41
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by greppson View Post
site changed late last night/early morning.

i logged in last night at like 10 or 11 to see how long i had until i need to renew and it was same old same old.
eh the new design is ok.

doubt the boards will be fixed in "a couple of hours"
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:44 PM   #159
KerwinMcgee
Behind The Mask
 
KerwinMcgee's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,926
The Warehouse website finally gets updated!

Sorry about the thread.. forgot the info was posted in here..
__________________
I put my pants on just like the rest of you - one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I make DMB latex masks.
KerwinMcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:10 PM   #160
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 23,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadorsey View Post
Sorry about the thread.. forgot the info was posted in here..
no big deal. I meant to update the thread title earlier in the morning.

FYI, you can now update/renew your memberships on the Warehouse site.
__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.06240 seconds with 16 queries