These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2020, 06:46 PM   #101
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

I just like looking at that date. Gets me excited. That’s when the real onez went down.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 07:05 PM   #102
jeff1818

I'm pretty sure MSG has a pretty hefty price-tag with releasing (and taping shows for that matter). I know PJ didn't even tape their 98 MSG shows because the price was too steep. I can only imagine they take a cut. Add in guests etc. and they'd have to sell a bunch more. But then again we got the 2002 show with James Brown. So who knows. My guess is we'll get a super box with 1998 shows in 20 years when the dust settles. Think the Dead and their model. Hopefully we still care by then!
jeff1818 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 07:23 PM   #103
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1818 View Post
I'm pretty sure MSG has a pretty hefty price-tag with releasing (and taping shows for that matter). I know PJ didn't even tape their 98 MSG shows because the price was too steep. I can only imagine they take a cut. Add in guests etc. and they'd have to sell a bunch more. But then again we got the 2002 show with James Brown. So who knows. My guess is we'll get a super box with 1998 shows in 20 years when the dust settles. Think the Dead and their model. Hopefully we still care by then!
I donít know, certainly hasnít stopped Phish from releasing every single show theyíve ever played there. Maybe for a major in store or massive release there would be extra hoops, but nothing that DMB couldnít financially handle.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc