These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2017, 02:34 PM   #121
Thor2531
I Fucked NAKEDdmbLauren

There has to be a shit storm brewing in DMBland because you know someone on the management side reads the boards. This is already being discussed internally. I'd put money on the fact that Boyd wraps up the current Crystal Garden tour, pays out a hefty lump sum of hush money and then decides to pursue other interests outside of the band.
Thor2531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:36 PM   #122
EverydayIsTheDay

It's odd because when this first came out, granted it wasn't as public as it is now, literally the day after this guy posted the claim agains Boyd, management posted a picture of just Boyd during a solo from the 2015 tour on Instagram.
EverydayIsTheDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:43 PM   #123
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayIsTheDay View Post
It's odd because when this first came out, granted it wasn't as public as it is now, literally the day after this guy posted the claim agains Boyd, management posted a picture of just Boyd during a solo from the 2015 tour on Instagram.
I wouldn't look into that too much. They likely pre-schedule their social content days/weeks in advance.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:51 PM   #124
collinsat12
Knowledge is Good.

Do you have to be friends with the accuser to see that post on Facebook? When I go to his page it doesn't come up... I apologize if someone already mentioned that he took it down.
Old 10-23-2017, 02:51 PM   #125
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

I would definitely be way more shocked if this were not true than it true. In fact, I just assume it is true. There is way too much weird shit around boyd as outlined in this thread and im that lawsuit last year. And, boy does he fit the part. He just needs to go.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:58 PM   #126
Bluewater34
Is Old

Even though he's frequently been a detriment to the band in recent (and more occasionally in less recent years), the idea of DMB without Boyd feels very strange to me. I mean, I know they've got plenty of soloists to fill those spots, especially if Butch comes back, and I'm certainly not saying they should keep him around if this ends up being true, but it would feel like a very different band to me without him, even if it was a change for the better.

On a side note, this is feeling very much like a topic that deserves its own thread to me.
Old 10-23-2017, 02:59 PM   #127
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by collinsat12 View Post
Do you have to be friends with the accuser to see that post on Facebook? When I go to his page it doesn't come up... I apologize if someone already mentioned that he took it down.
He went private shortly after the post went up.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:15 PM   #128
That's it, Sir.
I understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I would definitely be way more shocked if this were not true than it true. In fact, I just assume it is true. There is way too much weird shit around boyd as outlined in this thread and im that lawsuit last year. And, boy does he fit the part. He just needs to go.
Wasn't it you that said Dave Matthews made a pass at your underage girlfriend before or after a show? I really feel like I've heard lots of things over the years about some of the guys in the band that made my skin crawl. I'm of the same mentality as you regarding this situation despite being able to keep an open mind in most circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
Even though he's frequently been a detriment to the band in recent (and more occasionally in less recent years), the idea of DMB without Boyd feels very strange to me. I mean, I know they've got plenty of soloists to fill those spots, especially if Butch comes back, and I'm certainly not saying they should keep him around if this ends up being true, but it would feel like a very different band to me without him, even if it was a change for the better.

On a side note, this is feeling very much like a topic that deserves its own thread to me.
I thought about suggesting this topic needs it's own thread but I've got no pull around here. The possible thread titles alone make it worth while...
That's it, Sir. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:26 PM   #129
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Quote:
This is where I'm at.

And given he's more of a mascot than a contributing member, it might be time for him to go.

If any of this is true he has to go.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:28 PM   #130
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by That's it, Sir. View Post
Wasn't it you that said Dave Matthews made a pass at your underage girlfriend before or after a show? I really feel like I've heard lots of things over the years about some of the guys in the band that made my skin crawl. I'm of the same mentality as you regarding this situation despite being able to keep an open mind in most circumstances.
I thought that was Mitch with Popper. And unsure if she was underage, but he said early 90's I think. And I know Mitch is like a grandpa around here so she was probably over 18?

Old 10-23-2017, 03:31 PM   #131
That's it, Sir.
I understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
I thought that was Mitch with Popper. And unsure if she was underage, but he said early 90's I think. And I know Mitch is like a grandpa around here so she was probably over 18?

Man, I've got all my weird DMB factoids all wrong lately. I truly lost interest in the band years and years ago. I come here for the community. Best use of my time at work now that I'm stuck behind a desk.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:36 PM   #132
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post

That was 1990, we were 21, and he didn’t “make a pass.”

I think he may be remembering correctly about Jack’s story. I vaguely remember someone saying that, too.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:37 PM   #133
gweeps

The True Reflections of Boyd Tinsley, coming to a skreen near you.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 04:03 PM   #134
That's it, Sir.
I understand.

Did anyone ever take Crystal Garden seriously? It seemed like BT got comfortable over the years airing his bizarre persona as he gained power and influence (meet ups, long hugs, the movie, the video of him pacing around and explaining the concept of the movie because even he knew NO ONE would understand it...) but probably didn't feel he had access to the type of person he wanted to victimise. I can recall watching in terror as this guy formed this "band". Predators need opportunity most and he sure did hand select the victims for his "garden". This obvious grooming behaviour is something the people around him should have recognised and stopped or at they very least tried to mitigate. I hope he gets what he deserves instead of a trip to a "rehab" or whatever cop out he will likely take. Has this story hit the mainstream media yet? If not, why/how?
Old 10-23-2017, 04:07 PM   #135
torres

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Did you know the Dell Dude got arrested?
Audible lol. Man, that takes me back.
torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 04:13 PM   #136
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by That's it, Sir. View Post
Good memory. Yes. He drew my wife pictures and kissed her at 2/14/96. She was just 16. But, in fairness to him, it was on a college campus and he was still pretty young himself. He could have easily thought she was a freshman or something. But, it was definitely creepy enough for our friend’a dad (who is friends with tim) to get her out of there asap. He also seemed to he on a tare then (that intro to say bye at... middlebury? 2/16?).

Amother old friend had a lot of stories when he was at uva in a similar timeframe. Apparently dave was around the dorms a lot.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 04:16 PM   #137
That's it, Sir.
I understand.

Quote:
Good memory. Yes. He drew my wife pictures and kissed her at 2/14/96. She was just 16. But, in fairness to him, it was on a college campus and he was still pretty young himself. He could have easily thought she was a freshman or something. But, it was definitely creepy enough for our friend’a dad (who is friends with tim) to get her out of there asap. He also seemed to he on a tare then (that intro to say bye at... middlebury? 2/16?).

Amother old friend had a lot of stories when he was at uva in a similar timeframe. Apparently dave was around the dorms a lot.
These kind of stories resonate with me. I thought I'd seen you mention that over the years. I lost respect for Dave when I read that. Sorry to bring it up if it's not a pleasant memory. Thanks for responding.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:22 PM   #138
typsitch
setlist communist by necessity

You guys are a bunch of sjw prudes. Stop trying to destroy DMB.
typsitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 04:37 PM   #139
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Most women want fuck Dave. Most young men don’t want to fuck Boyd. There’s a huge difference.
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 04:40 PM   #140
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post

Joshua Bell subs in for Boyd
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc