These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2017, 06:13 PM   #61
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue
 
Tambourine Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: behind the miller's shed
Posts: 12,376
This song sounds very original while also paying respect to their past. Lyrics really sounded old school to me like "the color of summer." Kind of the nonsense you could expect from 90's Dave
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:50 PM   #62
willndmb
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 4,627
full show in mp3
[Only registered users can see links.]

Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds
Farm Aid
KeyBank Pavilion
Burgettstown, PA
9/16/17

Taper - W Clark
Source - AXS TV > TiVo
Conversion - cTiVo > Quicktime > Audacity

Intro
Don't Drink The Water
Satellite
What Would You Say
Mercy
Do You Remember
Warehouse
Crush

Notes - Do You Remember was originally going around as "The Odds Are Against Us".
Support artist and venues that allow taping!
Consider making a DONATION to Farm Aid at [Only registered users can see links.]
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 10:54 PM   #63
greykitkat36
 
greykitkat36's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 8,540
Can't say I'm as thrilled with this new song as much as everyone else is, but it's a step in the right direction. The lyrics are actually decent and the melody is interesting. Just wish Dave could sing it better. Really sounds like he's having a tough time. I'm all for playing these newer ones though, just bust em all out so we can hear what we've got
__________________
S'cuse me. (spits out Ricola) Its just so I know where it is, so I can get it after. Can't waste it, Ricola's delicious."-- DJM
greykitkat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:36 PM   #64
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue
 
Tambourine Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: behind the miller's shed
Posts: 12,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Can't say I'm as thrilled with this new song as much as everyone else is, but it's a step in the right direction. The lyrics are actually decent and the melody is interesting. Just wish Dave could sing it better. Really sounds like he's having a tough time. I'm all for playing these newer ones though, just bust em all out so we can hear what we've got
So your only gripe is his vocals...he can't really control that though. He's an old man.
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:59 PM   #65
greykitkat36
 
greykitkat36's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 8,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
So your only gripe is his vocals...he can't really control that though. He's an old man.
Like someone else said, lower key so he can sing it more comfortably.

Also, this song sounds exactly like the Why I Am intro from Hartford 2012, check it out. Copper pot on instagram clipped both version back to back and sounds very similar. So this song or at least idea for the son really isn't "recent" at all but probably just recently finished.
__________________
S'cuse me. (spits out Ricola) Its just so I know where it is, so I can get it after. Can't waste it, Ricola's delicious."-- DJM
greykitkat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 12:08 AM   #66
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 22,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
So your only gripe is his vocals...he can't really control that though. He's an old man.
It's intentional the way he is singing here. Quirky, I like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by willndmb View Post
full show in mp3
[Only registered users can see links.]

Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds
Farm Aid
KeyBank Pavilion
Burgettstown, PA
9/16/17

Taper - W Clark
Source - AXS TV > TiVo
Conversion - cTiVo > Quicktime > Audacity

Intro
Don't Drink The Water
Satellite
What Would You Say
Mercy
Do You Remember
Warehouse
Crush

Notes - Do You Remember was originally going around as "The Odds Are Against Us".
Support artist and venues that allow taping!
Consider making a DONATION to Farm Aid at [Only registered users can see links.]
Thanks!
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:05 AM   #67
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle
 
roshea999's Avatar
 
Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 8,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Can't say I'm as thrilled with this new song as much as everyone else is, but it's a step in the right direction. The lyrics are actually decent and the melody is interesting. Just wish Dave could sing it better. Really sounds like he's having a tough time. I'm all for playing these newer ones though, just bust em all out so we can hear what we've got
I'm also not as high on it as others here. But, it's got some nice pieces in it. Can definitely feel a connection between Samurai Cop, Bismarck and this. Might be a decent little effort after all.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:23 AM   #68
Poth Ead
Stay boring my friends...
 
Poth Ead's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 7,880
I'm grateful he seems to be staying away from the cheese lyrically... the music sounds alright. I agree that it sounds like they could lay this track on an album with Samurai and Bismark. But is that a good thing?
Poth Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:39 AM   #69
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle
 
roshea999's Avatar
 
Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 8,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poth Ead View Post
I'm grateful he seems to be staying away from the cheese lyrically... the music sounds alright. I agree that it sounds like they could lay this track on an album with Samurai and Bismark. But is that a good thing?
I think Samurai and Bismarck are solid efforts this late in their career. Does Dave have 5-8 more songs of equal or better quality to surround them with? Unlikely, but I'm still here to see if it happens.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 11:06 AM   #70
mja271
 
mja271's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 8,131
Not bad at all. Nice bouncy vibe and the lyrics don't make me cringe, which is always a plus.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
Paul Bearer was Kane's father, but not Undertaker's. Taker killed his parents in a funeral home fire, but Bearer knocked up Undertaker's mom with Kane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:23 PM   #71
patsfan39
 
patsfan39's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 3,702
This new song is great. Really cant wait to hear what happens to it.
__________________
-Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Hey! This has already been addressed here by others. No dancing! You will sit quietly in your seat throughout the performance!
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:24 PM   #72
patsfan39
 
patsfan39's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 3,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
I can imagine I'll like this way more full band. Has a bit of a Bismarck vibe. I'd love Jeff and/or Boyd to be active on this one.
Considering this song wasn't played in June, it's gotta be one of the new ones he wrote while working with Carter this past month. Bodes well hopefully for what we'll get out of these sessions.
I totally hear the Bismarck similarities. I was going to say something before i read your comment.
__________________
-Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Hey! This has already been addressed here by others. No dancing! You will sit quietly in your seat throughout the performance!
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:30 PM   #73
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 11,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeters View Post
1080p straight from youtube -- no transcode

[Only registered users can see links.]
thanks for this
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:06 PM   #74
JimBeam41
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan39 View Post
I totally hear the Bismarck similarities. I was going to say something before i read your comment.
I thought he was playing Bismarck when he started
__________________
- Joe -
JimBeam41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 03:19 PM   #75
Fan#41
 
Homers Beer Run Champion!
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 30,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan39 View Post
This new song is great. Really cant wait to hear what happens to it.
I can already tell you....



__________________
Variety of emotion is good...it just makes the music different colors. - LeRoi Moore
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 03:46 PM   #76
Tomacco
 
Tomacco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 20,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Isn't that called "Remember The Time?"
Whoops, yes you're right.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:17 PM   #77
klillyblad
 
klillyblad's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by willndmb View Post
full show in mp3
Thanks!
__________________
Kim
klillyblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:45 PM   #78
mjf
 
mjf's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 3,931
I've kept my mouth shut lately because I honestly hate most of the new songs and really have no interest in seeing another DMB album based on them....

But yeah, I really dig this new one. Not to be a downer though, but I couldn't agree more with this-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
I can already tell you....


I'd be much more excited if this was work going towards a DM solo album. Oh well

Great set by D&T. Also, Neil Young is getting old, but holy fuck I thought his set was great too
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:35 PM   #79
willndmb
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 4,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
I can already tell you....



Lol
Great face for the subject
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 09:29 PM   #80
dmb2much40
 
dmb2much40's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 4,681
I like this a lot.
__________________
-Monica
dmb2much40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.08905 seconds with 16 queries