Originally Posted by drummerkrf View Post
End of Chapter 24
Uh, yeah. This.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:09 PM   #42
ggies
Sugar Will '04

[Only registered users can see links.]

We were one of the 668,000 households to binge on it.
ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 06:41 PM   #43
DMBTex10101
doing the hippo thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerkrf View Post
End of Chapter 24
Definitely. And her casual "you needed that" afterwards . . . I have no clue what to make of the whole thing.

Overall it was a great season though. I'd say not quite as good as the first one, but still really good.

Fucking sucks that it'll be another year before we get more. How can I love and hate Netflix's business model at the same time.

Archives in Cowtown
DMBTex10101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:21 AM   #44
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBTex10101 View Post
Definitely. And her casual "you needed that" afterwards . . . I have no clue what to make of the whole thing.

Overall it was a great season though. I'd say not quite as good as the first one, but still really good.

Fucking sucks that it'll be another year before we get more. How can I love and hate Netflix's business model at the same time.
I thought this season was a lot better than the 1st one. A lot more plot lines, more interesting ones and the whole feud with Tusk was a lot more entertaining than the whole Peter Russo thing imo. Also, there weren't as many filler episodes. Season 1 had that weird college reminiscing episode that made no real sense and didn't add to the story that much. If anything, it took away from the ruthlessness of Underwood. There was another really major filler episode too I can't think of right now. But, I thought Season 2 flowed a lot better from episode to episode--all the new characters introduced were cool and they really went more in-depth with a lot of them which leaves so much room for future seasons. We got the whole Claire thing, Stamper's situation, the whole hacker guy and that fiasco, Tusk and Underwood an The President's home situation/stress etc. This show has so many layers now. I knew from the end of the first episode of Season 2 that this one was gonna bring it.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:50 PM   #45
gweeps

Hope we see more of the hacker guy and Tusk in Season 3.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:13 PM   #46
sean52692
Ten steps ahead of you

Spoiler:
People complain about how easy it is for Underwood to succeed but I'm more inclined to say that this is a strength of the show. They're not afraid to have Underwood work his way up the chain with a few antagonists ready for Season 3 while Underwood is the President.

Say one of Underwood's plans didn't work. He doesn't become VP or POTUS. Well that wouldn't have been fun. We've got motivated antagonists ready to bring him down when he's the POTUS in season 3. Now that's going to be some great stuff.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:09 PM   #47
DMBTex10101
doing the hippo thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
I thought this season was a lot better than the 1st one. A lot more plot lines, more interesting ones and the whole feud with Tusk was a lot more entertaining than the whole Peter Russo thing imo. Also, there weren't as many filler episodes. Season 1 had that weird college reminiscing episode that made no real sense and didn't add to the story that much. If anything, it took away from the ruthlessness of Underwood. There was another really major filler episode too I can't think of right now. But, I thought Season 2 flowed a lot better from episode to episode--all the new characters introduced were cool and they really went more in-depth with a lot of them which leaves so much room for future seasons. We got the whole Claire thing, Stamper's situation, the whole hacker guy and that fiasco, Tusk and Underwood an The President's home situation/stress etc. This show has so many layers now. I knew from the end of the first episode of Season 2 that this one was gonna bring it.
I agree on all points with the exception of Tusk. I just didn't get into the whole feud. Everything else about the season was solid, I just didn't find that constant plot-line all that entertaining. It had its moments, but overall I found it to be pretty bland. Maybe I need to watch it all again . . . though I'll likely save that until next year right before the next season comes out.

I definitely dig all the new characters as well as digging deeper into each of them. You're spot on with that.

Archives in Cowtown
Old 02-25-2014, 03:28 PM   #48
ggies
Sugar Will '04

ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:12 PM   #49
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
Spoiler:
People complain about how easy it is for Underwood to succeed but I'm more inclined to say that this is a strength of the show. They're not afraid to have Underwood work his way up the chain with a few antagonists ready for Season 3 while Underwood is the President.

Say one of Underwood's plans didn't work. He doesn't become VP or POTUS. Well that wouldn't have been fun. We've got motivated antagonists ready to bring him down when he's the POTUS in season 3. Now that's going to be some great stuff.
Yeah, if they do Season 3 right, it has potential to be REALLY REALLY good. I think they're headed in the right direction.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:15 PM   #50
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBTex10101 View Post
I agree on all points with the exception of Tusk. I just didn't get into the whole feud. Everything else about the season was solid, I just didn't find that constant plot-line all that entertaining. It had its moments, but overall I found it to be pretty bland. Maybe I need to watch it all again . . . though I'll likely save that until next year right before the next season comes out.

I definitely dig all the new characters as well as digging deeper into each of them. You're spot on with that.
I can see your side of it. The whole feud got kind of repetitive. I just thought it was entertaining to see how ruthless both of them could be. They are both so sinister it's crazy. I also love the fact that the main character of this show is the enemy. Kind of how Breaking Bad ended up being. You liked Walt but at the same time you really shouldn't. The difference here is that Spacey's character has been a bad guy from the beginning. I find myself not liking him but at the same time, kind of enjoying watching his rise to power.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:18 PM   #51
sean52692
Ten steps ahead of you

Spoiler:
The first thing I thought of when Frank killed Zoe:

"Holy shit. Frank is Heisenberg."
Old 02-28-2014, 05:30 PM   #52
Vincent
Theologian

Thanks for the spoilers. I can't see waiting for S2 and then burning through it. But then, I'm still on S3 of Breaking Bad.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:39 PM   #53
soright05

Looks like this comes back February 27

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
soright05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 08:39 PM   #54
DMBTex10101
doing the hippo thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by soright05 View Post
Looks like this comes back February 27

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great news, thanks.

Archives in Cowtown
Old 02-27-2015, 12:50 PM   #55
drummerkrf

Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Can't wait for this weekend.

Watched the last episode of Season 2 again last night after 11 months.
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 10:51 AM   #56
drummerkrf

Gotta admit...

Spoiler:
was not very high on this season until the end of Chapter 30. Took a while to get going...
Old 03-01-2015, 10:33 PM   #57
Tomacco

Somehow managed to watch all of season 3 these past three days. Overall... eh. It was okay I guess.

Spoiler:
The Doug stuff didn't interest me at all. And the finale left me wanting much more. Not in an excited way, but in a "that's it?" way. What I did like was episode 6. Easily the best episode of the season and one of the best of the series. Things got moving after that a bit more, and I thought the debate episode was quite good too. Even though Frank is still succeeding, generally speaking, he's struggled and failed a lot more this season than the previous two, which I've enjoyed. It creates more conflict and keeps things interesting.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 05:10 PM   #58
drummerkrf

Yeah... Finished this the other night.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that this season was, overall, very disappointing.

Its one of those seasons that either sets up the next 3 badass seasons of the show's existence, or conversely, exemplifies that the writers are out of ideas. I can't believe that the latter would be happening already, so I expect great things in a year for Season 4.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:48 PM   #59
TDunk

Done

It was good!

Not great though
TDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:32 AM   #60
JustinC

This is season was basically Season 2 Part 2. It will be better for people who are first time watchers and watch Season 2 & 3 within a small time frame.

But for a year wait meh, was just a setup for Season 4 (Democratic primates) & 5 (Presidential race)
JustinC is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc